How do farangs get covid vaccinations in Thailand ?

finnsk

21 hours ago, PGSan said:

Nothing is really ‘free’, is it?  I suspect you mean that you do not want to use your personal stash to pay for it.

I don't think many people will mind paying for it as long as no one profits from it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, tinca tinca said:

so JUST how much IS REASONABLE?????

Last two years I have paid for the flu vaccine, about 350 baht, fairly close to the UK.

Asda has a pharmacy service in 255 stores nationwide. Its flu jab costs £8 (up from £7 last year), but it remains the cheapest option outside the NHS.

https://www.lovemoney.com/news/18079/cheapest-flu-jab-vaccine-uk-season-cost

20 hours ago, crobe said:

When I thought my visa was not going to be renewed I was prepared to pay 6,750 baht for a covid test and about 15,000 for a flight, so if there is a western vaccine (pfizer/moderna/Astra-Zeneca) available for around 10,000 baht then I would surely be willing to pay for it.

As in most other countries I think the Thai government should be buying supplies to vaccinate its people for free - starting with the most vulnerable.

As long as that is happening and I am not taking a vaccine which should have gone to someone else in more need, then I would be prepared to pay

Just a reminder, there is no excuse from anyone making a profit from this.

• Confused 1

20 hours ago, userabcd said:

When private hospitals are allowed to receive and provide vaccinations the foreigners have the freedom to visit the said hospitals and receive the vaccination and pay privately for it or check with their medical insurance if it will be covered.

Failing that if the desire for some non citizen/permanent resident is to have the vaccination free on a public health system then a return to ones home country might be need to be considered.

Yes, but not before the ASQ is lifted.

Guest Harm Hendrik Reitsma
23 hours ago, finnsk said:

Yes I prefer the good tested vaccines frem well known western compagnies, I will not feel safe about Chinese and russian vaccines, which are not going trough the same test programs as the western vaccines.

Even the Western vaccines, i think, are not to be trusted. They are developed without proper testing and without laboratory take any responsibility for side effects. They made a contract in which this is made law the maker is not to be held accountable for the long term. 

I do not trust these vaccins... 

19 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

10,000 b seems cheap.

How much is your life worth?

I certainly value mine to $350.   

But again I ask, why should anyone, hospitals, doctors. government officials etc, profit by it? Or in Thailands case "government" officials.

18 hours ago, Nout said:

You are probably correct. The Chinese authorities stole all our research on every subject from nuclear weapons to medicine. They know what we know plus they have the added advantage of having a compliant, subjugated population who are expendable and thus ideal for mass experimentation.

I am beginning to come round to this way of thinking, but it is always in my mind about the dirty habits of the Chinese here in Thailand which has been well documented.

A cheaper way might be to down two or three large bottles of Laokao. That'll take you to death's doorway for a few days but if you don't go through, the virus should be gone. You will smell like death and <deleted> out something similar to plaraa for a week but you will be able to save money.

Guest Harm Hendrik Reitsma
44 minutes ago, visarunner said:

Fly home. 

Now think again, you don't like other Farang and your name seems not the best option for being here, so what is your idea about this? Do not give the silly answer, for that obviously is not the way to go. 

Regards Harm. 

20 hours ago, Skallywag said:

Even in the future on the Star Trek Enterprise they all take vaccines

polio vccine.jpg

Yes I agree with your sentiments, and vaccines have been around for decades and are considered very safe, apart from the odd and rare side-effect (if any).

And I wonder whether there are people out there like me who went to school with boys and girls who had contracted polio, because we were born in the late 40s, before the vaccine became available.

In fact I spent many years at two schools pushing a friend of mine around in his wheelchair, because polio had rendered his legs useless, and the same with a girl friend of mine who had exactly the same thing, and it was hard to see these people getting along, although both of these whom I have mentioned were bright and cheerful and tried to live life to the full.

Unfortunately the girl crashed her little three wheeler car (adapted for her) and burnt to death in its because she couldn't escape.

I sent the pic below to a friend of mine in the UK because he is an "anti-vaxxer" and it shows one boy having been vaccinated against smallpox, and one not.....if this doesn't convince people that vaccinations are ok/work, then nothing will.Image

• Like 1

Vaccines are not available to most Thais, so do not expect  foreigners to have access at this time.

Foreign workers who are here at their government request will be taken care of. Multinational employers who have foreign employees here will take care of their foreign employees. This is what  they did for H1n1.

Why do foreigners living in Thailand for retirement or personal reason expect that their home country should take care of them? Are they paying tax to home country that pays some of the cost?

Foreigner residents of Thailand will have access to vaccine when Thai people have access - maybe in 3-6 months. Foreigners wanted to live in Thailand and  lack of access to advanced medicine is one of the costs.

2 hours ago, Patong2021 said:

Why do foreigners living in Thailand for retirement or personal reason expect that their home country should take care of them? Are they paying tax to home country that pays some of the cost?

In answer to the second part, my income come from the UK and as such is subject to UK taxes on them.

As this is the case why should I not expect the UK to do something for me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Patong2021 said:

lack of access to advanced medicine is one of the costs.

I know of no such lack here.  Examples ?? 

Just now, foreverlomsak said:

As this is the case why should I not expect the UK to do something for me.

Since you are from the UK you probably know well the answer to this!  “Ask not what your country and do for you ...”! 

21 hours ago, Nout said:

The Chinese authorities stole all our research on every subject from nuclear weapons to medicine. They know what we know plus they have the added advantage of having a compliant, subjugated population who are expendable and thus ideal for mass experimentation.

You over-praise them, I think!   Surely no country can be as magnificent/great as this! 

13 hours ago, champers said:

Why does that not entitle me to a "slice"?

No problem at all in getting your “slice”, but not necessarily with free delivery to your local go-go bar with the ping-pong balls (unless you pay at the 50% rate for your “cake”, that is!).