How do farangs get covid vaccinations in Thailand ?

finnsk

I would think that it will be in any government's interest to have as many people as possible within its borders vaccinated. To facilitate that, obviously it doesn't make sense to to charge anyone, irrespective of nationality, for it.

1 hour ago, PGSan said:

FOC means what ??? 

Free of charge.

You seem to be getting very worked up about a tongue in cheek remark from me about getting the vaccine free. I fully expect to pay for it and private hospitals here are allowed to buy vaccines to sell on, so there you have it.

23 hours ago, Kurtf said:

Considering the multitude of questions surrounding the efficacy of this so called vaccine, why would anyone want to be the experimental guinea pig in the first place? 

replace 'this' with "these' to make a pretence of being  anything else other than ill informed...Clarify what you mean by 'so called vacine'. They are vaccines. There is no 'so called about it except in your head. There is not a multitude of questions about the efficacy of the vaccines...except in your fantasy world.  Your comment is just an attention seeking troll.

5 hours ago, Patong2021 said:

Vaccines are not available to most Thais, so do not expect  foreigners to have access at this time.

Foreign workers who are here at their government request will be taken care of. Multinational employers who have foreign employees here will take care of their foreign employees. This is what  they did for H1n1.

Why do foreigners living in Thailand for retirement or personal reason expect that their home country should take care of them? Are they paying tax to home country that pays some of the cost?

Foreigner residents of Thailand will have access to vaccine when Thai people have access - maybe in 3-6 months. Foreigners wanted to live in Thailand and  lack of access to advanced medicine is one of the costs.

I am paying tax on all my UK earnings. Anyway, Thailand has excellent modern medical facilities and I am confident there will be no problem getting a jab.

1 hour ago, champers said:

Free of charge.

You seem to be getting very worked up about a tongue in cheek remark from me about getting the vaccine free. I fully expect to pay for it and private hospitals here are allowed to buy vaccines to sell on, so there you have it.

It was the TLA that threw us!

19 hours ago, MrMo said:

Within the last week the British Foreign Ministry (sorry, but shouldn't that now be the  Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office. aka ? FCDO) has stated that it is not responsible for UK citizens overseas outside of Boris's jurisdiction !   (How does his partner feel about his views ?    Or even his daughter who has no given right to British citizenship.)  Many of the rest of us would like to be out of his jurisdiction.   The problem is there really an alternative ? ! ? !.

As it seems this the Ministry's  name change has only been applied from Jan 1,  does this mean FCDO controls funding of grants and "loans" at the expense of the UK tax payers.

If it does not want to be responsible for me because I reside outside the UK, then stop taxing my pension income. 

On 1/10/2021 at 10:12 AM, sandyf said:

Last two years I have paid for the flu vaccine, about 350 baht, fairly close to the UK.

Asda has a pharmacy service in 255 stores nationwide. Its flu jab costs £8 (up from £7 last year), but it remains the cheapest option outside the NHS.

https://www.lovemoney.com/news/18079/cheapest-flu-jab-vaccine-uk-season-cost

am asking price here not from bloody asda....!!! and a flu jab is free for over 60's I THINK i n UK anyway

21 hours ago, tinca tinca said:

am asking price here not from bloody asda....!!! and a flu jab is free for over 60's I THINK i n UK anyway

What did you find difficult - "Last two years I have paid for the flu vaccine, about 350 baht"

When looking for a price that doesn't exist, you can only look to a similar product.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/10/2021 at 4:26 PM, Nout said:

replace 'this' with "these' to make a pretence of being  anything else other than ill informed...Clarify what you mean by 'so called vacine'. They are vaccines. There is no 'so called about it except in your head. There is not a multitude of questions about the efficacy of the vaccines...except in your fantasy world.  Your comment is just an attention seeking troll.

Apparently I am far more well read and informed about the vaccines currently available than you are. Norway just published an article from their National Health organization stating that 29 elderly people have recently died within 2 weeks of getting the vaccine. heck it out if you don't believe me. You can always be sure the government is looking out for your best interests. (In case you didn't recognize it that last sentence was written with tongue firmly planted in my cheek.)

• Like 1

Just watched the news on Channel 3.  According to the reports the vaccines that the Government has ordered will only be available to Thai people and all other s, foreigners, migrants, will need to source out there own vaccinations from a private hospital.  Additionally, I was reading another article and it appears that the AstraZenica Company may not honor the agreement that Thailand has made with them due to certain political issues which have recently arisen involving a now banned former Future Forward Party MP and leader......seems they do not want to be drug through the political issues created by soon to be filed Les....charges.

AstraZeneca has cold feet on vaccine plan due to prosecution of critic Thanathorn: report | Coconuts Bangkok

On 1/9/2021 at 10:29 AM, at15 said:

How about this, forget a vaccine exists and move on with your life.

This seems like the obvious tactic, until it is made compulsory.

The important thing is to keep your head down and hope that they vaccinate enough Thais to start opening things up and doing away with quarantine.  Then we can actually have a bit of choice.

Another thing to consider, is whether you want to stay in Thailand when things open up (if you have a choice)?  Will the covid racism ever really go away?

Edited by BangkokReady

40 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Just watched the news on Channel 3.  According to the reports the vaccines that the Government has ordered will only be available to Thai people and all other s, foreigners, migrants, will need to source out there own vaccinations from a private hospital.  Additionally, I was reading another article and it appears that the AstraZenica Company may not honor the agreement that Thailand has made with them due to certain political issues which have recently arisen involving a now banned former Future Forward Party MP and leader......seems they do not want to be drug through the political issues created by soon to be filed Les....charges.

AstraZeneca has cold feet on vaccine plan due to prosecution of critic Thanathorn: report | Coconuts Bangkok

Supply problems in Europe with AstraZeneca, this will drag on all year and into 2022.

20 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

This seems like the obvious tactic, until it is made compulsory.

The important thing is to keep your head down and hope that they vaccinate enough Thais to start opening things up and doing away with quarantine.  Then we can actually have a bit of choice.

Another thing to consider, is whether you want to stay in Thailand when things open up (if you have a choice)?  Will the covid racism ever really go away?

They can't make it mandatory, coercion is the way they do it and 80%+ is required in western countries to unlock, and then there is problem of the unvaxxed to deal with. I'm plotting my escape from the UK.