Blood Pressure has gone through the roof!

giddyup

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Any doctor anywhere should be able to accurately measure your blood pressure. You don't have to visit a hospital for that.

Usually it is far easier to find a doctor within a hospital than without (out with/outside) one.

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

It seems you have experience with this.

But sometimes I find it surprising when nurses measure my blood pressure in the hospital and sometimes it's high. And then 10 minutes later the doctor measures it manually and it is perfectly ok.

So maybe the problem is just your equipment.

Any doctor anywhere should be able to accurately measure your blood pressure. You don't have to visit a hospital for that.

Must be a pretty nurse that caused your blood pressure to rise, and later the ugly doctor is able to reduce your blood pressure. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, anchadian said:

I don't trust home BP monitors as at times they can give you inaccurate results

I have been three different weights, two different heights and several BPs taken in the hospital (private) consecutively.

1 minute ago, KannikaP said:

I have been three different weights, two different heights and several BPs taken in the hospital (private) consecutively.

You clearly become regularly inflated/deflated, this could explain the high BP! 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, PGSan said:

You clearly become regularly inflated/deflated, this could explain the high BP! 

I did not say HIGH BP, simply different readings from different machines at the same hospital.

See if you can find a Moringa oleifera tree and eat the young smaller leaves , flowers and seeds from it every day. These trees grow every where here and are often called the tree of life. One side effect I read about is if you are taking BP lowering meds then Moringa may lower your BP too much. Since I started eating it my libido has gone through the roof, I sleep better, have more energy and generally feel much happier. Very easy to grow at home if you have the space. 

3 hours ago, giddyup said:

The last couple of days my blood pressure has shot up to dangerous levels, just checked this morning and it was 200/98. It's never ever been as high as that, normally it's around 140/80. I do take medication, Losartan and Metoprolol which normally keeps it under control, so not sure why it's so elevated at the moment. Problem is I'm worried about going to hospital because of Covid 19, but at the same time I can't risk leaving my BP at such a dangerous level. What can I do to try and bring it down? I guess my other question is what can the hospital do to bring it down immediately.

Go to a good hospital ASAP

20 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I guess 2% accuracy is acceptable ???? 

I have tested nearly a dozen where I live. They are fairly consistent with deviations of only one or two hundred grams. If they are out by over 2 kilos they are not inaccurate they are broken.

17 hours ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

first thing you need to do is to buy a new blood presure checking machine, and

this time NOT made in china.

this, i am sure, will improve your results immidiately.

Are Omron made in China?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, giddyup said:

My worry is getting a Covid infection at the hospital, and what can they do to get my BP down quickly?

Omg Covid is the least of your worries.Getting covid is a beeter option than having a heart attack or stroke. YOU WILL NOT GET INFECTED AT THE HOSPITAL 

4 minutes ago, Gecko123 said:

I just wanted to share a blood pressure monitor experience which might be helpful to some members.

For years I occasionally checked my blood pressure at local hospitals, both government and private. Some of the readings started creeping up into the borderline high blood pressure range so I finally broke down and bought an Omron monitor so I could check my blood pressure at home. The Omron home monitor was actually giving me readings that ranged from 120/80 range to 100/60 range, and I started worrying that my blood pressure might actually be too low, and might explain why I sometimes had symptoms of light headedness.

When I cross checked my blood pressure again at local hospitals however, I continued to get borderline high readings, and I grew increasingly suspicious that the hospital monitors might be poorly calibrated. What I finally did was I brought my Omron home monitor to the hospital and did a side-by-side real time comparison between my monitor and the hospital's. To my surprise, my home monitor was giving me much higher readings at the hospital than I ever got relaxing at home. I was about an hour early for a dentist appointment so I kept checking my blood pressure every fifteen minutes or so. I found that my blood pressure didn't really start dropping to the levels I usually get at home until after about 45 minutes of sitting in the waiting room quietly. The conclusion I came to was that the hour and a half drive to the hospital (even though it was totally uneventful) may have been more stressful than I realized, and that the hospital environment (without even seeing a doctor) really did cause my blood pressure to go up.

The main point I wanted to make is that bringing your home monitor to the hospital so that you can compare readings with the hospital equipment may be beneficial if you are experiencing big discrepancies between home and hospital readings.

The readings I was getting at home and then at the hospital were almost identical.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, giddyup said:

My worry is getting a Covid infection at the hospital, and what can they do to get my BP down quickly?

You can't have it both ways!  Maybe that is your problem as to why it has shot up to think you are going to catch the Virus if you go to the hospital, prior to the hospital you had a better chance of catching an regular infection.

Either way you are going to end up in the hospital the way you are thinking and going?  Put a clean mask on carry some alcohol and get checked out while you are waiting think about your diet and maybe put forth a plan to get some exercise?

Now giddyup!???? Good luck

Edited by thailand49

5 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

You can't have it both ways!  Maybe that is your problem as to why it has shot up to think you are going to catch the Virus if you go to the hospital, prior to the hospital you had a better chance of catching an regular infection.

Either way you are going to end up in the hospital the way you are thinking and going?  Put a clean mask on carry some alcohol and get checked out while you are waiting think about your diet and maybe put forth a plan to get some exercise?

Now giddyup!???? Good luck

Catch up! Already been to hospital and posted outcome.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

Sorry, wasn't going to read through all the pages glad that you did, did I also miss the outcome or you in quarantine from the visit now?

If you don't read previous posts your comments are uninformed.

On 1/11/2021 at 8:57 AM, giddyup said:

The last couple of days my blood pressure has shot up to dangerous levels, just checked this morning and it was 200/98. It's never ever been as high as that, normally it's around 140/80. I do take medication, Losartan and Metoprolol which normally keeps it under control, so not sure why it's so elevated at the moment. Problem is I'm worried about going to hospital because of Covid 19, but at the same time I can't risk leaving my BP at such a dangerous level. What can I do to try and bring it down? I guess my other question is what can the hospital do to bring it down immediately.

why are you asking on here for advice from non medical people?

go to the hospital for goodness sake

5 minutes ago, nickmondo said:

why are you asking on here for advice from non medical people?

go to the hospital for goodness sake

Someone else who can't be bothered to read the previous posts, and btw, this is a medical forum, a place to ask questions.

Edited by giddyup
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, chuang said:

If you do not wish to go to a hospital then go to a clinic.

Not a particularly good suggestion for someone concerned about covid, yet to see a clinic that has not been standing room only, hospital would be much safer.

Just now, Jaxxper said:

I would go to a hospital now. They have the equipment to do a thorough examination. Wouldn’t worry about COVID right now, as your immediate problem is your BP.

For goodness sake! Read the previous posts. Already said I've been to the hospital.