Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Restrictions could be eased in Bangkok within the next two weeks

webfact

So I’m in an ASQ in Samut Prakan near the airport. Surely they are not restricting travel from Samut Prakan into Bangkok, are they? I mean the airport is in Samut Prakan. The BTS runs between Bangkok and Samut Prakan. There has to be thousands of roads running between Samut Prakan and Bangkok. Have they thought this through?

I simply want to go from my ASQ to the place I will be renting in Bangkok.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, stigar said:

So how long time u stay there..i guess a week or two

13 years & in that time i have lived in 7 different locations, including the south, the north, the north east, Bangkok, and central Thailand. 

Edited by Kaopad999
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Liverpoolfan said:

They WILL ease these restrictions soon.

Cases ARE dropping and the outcry from local business will soon become too much for them to handle.

Why post false information? They are increasing not dropping.

8 Jan:+205 (9,841)

9 Jan:+212 (10,053)

10 Jan:+245 (10,298)

11 Jan:+249 (10,547)

12 Jan:+287 (10,834

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

If you included a few more days then they have dropped, though in the past five days they have been gradually increasing. Also, that is the number for the whole country, not just Bangkok where they may indeed be slowly dropping, even just looking at the last five days.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Kaopad999 said:

I agree, it's certainly a matter of perspective. Yes, there are of course things here that bother me, which other people  experience i'm sure.  But for me, the positives of living here heavily outweigh the negatives.  

Yes, Kao Pad, But the negatives are mostly outside of our control. When I am unable to change that, there is only one thing I can do, and that is to control and manage my personal perspective of it. Not allow it too much personal importance - accept it and move on!

I understand that some have a passion for wanting some things to be very different but there is no way they can do anything to change it so why waste time on it (making no progress) at the expense of something else that could advance their situation?

• Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

4 Jan: +745 (8,439)

5 Jan: +527 (8,966)

6 Jan:+365 (9,331)

7 Jan:+305 (9,636)

12 Jan:+287 (10,834)

Outside of Samut Sakhon, many of the new cases in recent days have been in Bangkok and its surrounding provinces. There were 31 cases reported in Bangkok in today's numbers, for example, compared with a mere 20 in Chonburi. The guy shouldn't be saying that restrictions will be eased soon, he should be asking why Bangkok isn't already in a red zone,l with all the extra restrictions that implies?

3 hours ago, Kaopad999 said:

It's honestly so  heartwarming for me to know that i'm living in a country that understands the basic fundamentals on how to successfully control the spread of this virus. 
And most of all, thank you so much to the Thai people who really put huge effort into social distancing, mask wearing, and providing hand sanitizer in all of he stores & shopping malls. It really goes to show that Thailand  has a real community spirit, where everyone gets together and contributes by helping out each other.  

Yes I'm a foreigner and it's very good to see the people are following the rules.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

At least re-open schools!  The so-called restrictions in Bangkok are minimal - shops/department stores, public transport, restaurants are operating mostly as normal (apart from the 9pm cut-off for eating in, and no alcohol) and social-distancing is pretty much forgotten.  But closing schools is a major inconvenience and has a huge impact on children (and parents!).

Fully understand your statement regarding the impact on children due to closed schools. However, just because the virus does not seriously impact on these children, doesn't mean they are not carriers and spreaders of said virus.