Disgusted by incompetent hypocrisy regarding lockdowns

3 minutes ago, sirineou said:

I agree, all these construction workers should get jobs working in Gyms that are much more essential than housing.

clothing could be tasty and nutritious too. 

For  shure! Essence of  fish, chicken flavor , steroid impregnated  underwear!   Priorities plus!

<deleted> !

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, 2530Ubon said:

You're comparing choosing to smoke or drive, to catching a (potentially) deadly virus. One set is a choice, the other isn't. Simple really.

No it's not. Many people die from pulmonary diseases caused by smog and passive smoke. So? 

Edited by Sundown
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

Just now, 2530Ubon said:

Say that to us again when you hit 65 - and your chances of dying increase dramatically, multiplied by 90 - 220 x higher when you hit 75.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/need-extra-precautions/older-adults.html

Fair point about massage parlors though - they should probably be shut down too.

For centuries / milennia people have exercised without gyms. Do you really need to pump iron with lot's of other people present? Or is it an ego thing?

Image !  Massage  is  way too p2p!  "Gyms" are  like  the majority of  buyers  of high performance   expensive  vehicles. No real ability  to make best use  but  looks impressive !  lol

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, sirineou said:

When the pandemic hit here in the US ., we bought a nautilus  machine and some free weights and set up  a gym room in our house.

The most exercise I got out of it was dragging the damn things into the room. exercise equipment are heavy, and don't get me started on the free weights. there must be a gravitational anomaly by our house because the damn things seem to be stuck to the ground . 

They do look impressive though. I look at them all the time.  

YES! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sametboy2019 said:

Thing I can't understand is how you can go to Tesco and buy food but not clothes. 

Even more stranger is that you can order food that someone else has touched and you obviously don't know their state of health. 

Interpretation of "essential" shopping and services as outlined in WHO suggestions.

Marijuana dispensaries were always open in US.

58 minutes ago, spiekerjozef said:

You can't exercise without a gym?

Perhaps it's a fashionable image thing....reflective of everything else in their existence. 

All about themselves. 

Commonplace among particular cultures. ????

'Disgusted by incompetent hypocrisy'- I bet I know where the Op is from. Not being able to ponce about flexing in front of a mirror is hardly such a statement. It's a GYM fer farksake.

Adapt, improvise, overcome. Pushups crunches, squats etc in the residence, Get a chin up bar. All that grunting and other noises that seem to be considered by some Gym Queens, along with the thudding music will become irrelevant. Even in full lockdown I maintained a good level of fitness.

If you need to look at yourself do it in front of the bedroom or bathroom mirror. Steps- try not using the elevator, take the stairs instead.

Plenty of people can exercise without the use of a gym- they just can't be seen to be seen. Have a look at this- its what Royal Marines tend to do on ships and it seems to work for them. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Canadian_Air_Force_Exercise_Plans

• Thanks 2