Disgusted by incompetent hypocrisy regarding lockdowns

45 minutes ago, Psimbo said:

'Disgusted by incompetent hypocrisy'- I bet I know where the Op is from. Not being able to ponce about flexing in front of a mirror is hardly such a statement. It's a GYM fer farksake.

Adapt, improvise, overcome. Pushups crunches, squats etc in the residence, Get a chin up bar. All that grunting and other noises that seem to be considered by some Gym Queens, along with the thudding music will become irrelevant. Even in full lockdown I maintained a good level of fitness.

If you need to look at yourself do it in front of the bedroom or bathroom mirror. Steps- try not using the elevator, take the stairs instead.

Plenty of people can exercise without the use of a gym- they just can't be seen to be seen. Have a look at this- its what Royal Marines tend to do on ships and it seems to work for them. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Canadian_Air_Force_Exercise_Plans

Let’s see how you hold a decent size of muscle mass without a gym and for some people it’s about mental health not showing off in a gym mirror ,

for some people that 1 hour in the gym is their happy moment every day , makes them less depressed for some it’s the only social contact they have all day ...

for some it’s how they make a living especially the Muay Thai gyms and fighters my fight got cancelled many times just a week before I’m “lucky” I have some savings some

People sadly don’t as there is not much money in Muay Thai .

I know many trainers and gym owners with financial problems as well no tourists no fights no customers 

• Confused 1

14 hours ago, 2530Ubon said:

You're comparing choosing to smoke or drive, to catching a (potentially) deadly virus. One set is a choice, the other isn't. Simple really.

yes its a choice
you can choose to live a healthy lifestyle and strengthen your immune system to deal with such viruses easily or not

others should not be responsible for your bad lifestyle choices.

• Sad 2

15 hours ago, Moonlover said:

When people shop for food, they generally pick what they want off the self and put it in their basket, so there's little chance of transmitting the virus by touch.

When folks are shopping for cloths, they browse. They pick things up, look at the labels and try things on. And put the things back that they don't want. Therefor there is a much greater risk of transmitting the virus by touch. So sorry, clothes' shopping will have to wait.

Got it now?

Condescending nonsense!

• Confused 2

When people shop for food, they generally pick what they want off the self and put it in their basket, so there's little chance of transmitting the virus by touch.

When folks are shopping for cloths, they browse. They pick things up, look at the labels and try things on. And put the things back that they don't want. Therefor there is a much greater risk of transmitting the virus by touch. So sorry, clothes' shopping will have to wait.

Got it now?

I don't, food, I pick it up, look around it to see if it is OK, if it's not OK I put it back. When I get home I rinse veg, and wash my hands, though when I leave a store I use that alcohol stuff on my hands. 

So, you should be careful what grub you take home.....????

8 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

Got it now?

8 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

Condescending nonsense!

It is not Condescending nonsense at all. Nonessential shops, or sections thereof are being closed down WORLDWIDE for this very reason.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Got it now?

You obviously haven't been to Macro and seen people going through the raw meat section with bare hands to find the piece they want after handling most of what's in the tray.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

You obviously haven't been to Macro and seen people going through the raw meat section with bare hands to find the piece they want after handling most of what's in the tray.

What's that got to do with the clothes section of a department store?

15 hours ago, Sundown said:

Do you have the numbers?

There are very comprehensive data at https://www.mortality.org

Some countries, such as Spain, are going to see about a 10% rise in mortality, others, such as Australia are going to show reduced mortality this year, the light toll of Covid-badged deaths more than offset by lowered deaths from other causes.

What those "other causes" may be is speculation, but one intriguing possibility is seen in the almost complete vanishing of deaths from influenza, down 98% by some estimates. The WHO has said that flu has "almost vanished from the southern hemisphere."

WHO video at Has Covid killed off the flu? | Daily Mail Online

I've seen three explanations suggested, none of which is without its problems.

One, flu deaths have been wrongly attributed to Covid, which doesn't really explain the huge mortality spikes seen globally in April/May.

Two, the coronavirus has out-competed influenza, like gray squirrels out-compete red. But with only a small percentage of people in the world infected with Covid, I'm not sure how that works.

Three, (which appears to be the favored establishment narrative) is that lockdowns also prevented flu infections from spreading. This doesn't really square with the Australian situation, with no flu infections at all since July, at a time when Australians were relatively free to move around after the end of the first Covid wave.

So, flu has all but vanished for the moment, but it's not clear why.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, 2530Ubon said:

For centuries / milennia people have exercised without gyms. Do you really need to pump iron with lot's of other people present? Or is it an ego thing?

Right on.

They seem to lack imagination and thinking outside the box.

I can get a great workout in my room with an 8 pack of large water.

Curls, chest, shoulders you name it.  Then, some rubber pullies for other exercises.  Sit ups, push ups, I actually work up a nice sweat in an hour.  

Not perfect, but better then sitting with a lousy excuse the gyms are closed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Peter Denis said:

The virus is not transmitted by touching surfaces, or garments in your post.  It is an airborne virus, and it can stay alive for some time on a surface but the risk that you would touch sufficient still active particles and then touch your nose or eyes, resulting in you getting infected, is negligible.

So it's not for that reason that clothing-shops are closed, but for asocial distancing reasons.

At least we have both expressed reasonable reasons why the clothes department of many supermarkets are currently closed off. Personally I think BOTH reasons have merit. ????

• Like 1

16 hours ago, HandsomeTallFarang said:

The virus is here to stay, shutting down the Gym isn’t going to save lives. It’s time to learn to LIVE WITH IT and stop shutting down everything because you are afraid of a flu virus with a 99% survival rate.

How old are you?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, patman30 said:

yes its a choice
you can choose to live a healthy lifestyle and strengthen your immune system to deal with such viruses easily or not
others should not be responsible for your bad lifestyle choices.

Ridiculous.

Those over 65 can't help but be older.

Those born with diseases can't help it.

Those young, fit and healthy people died anyway.

Fair point about bad lifestyle choices though, If it was only kiling obese people, I would be right with you saying why on earth should I be locked down to take care of these fatties. Unfortunately, the virus can kill perfectly healthy people, slightly older folks with still quite a long lifespan ahead of them, and those born not quite so fortunate as ourselves.

There's also the consideration that as the virus keeps mutating, getting more infectious each time - as we have seen throughout the world, it could also mutate to become more deadly. We have yet to see evidence of this, but if it happens then we're all screwed. So the best way to avoid mutations and making this whole situation worse, is to prevent transmission in the first place. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Yahem said:

Let’s see how you hold a decent size of muscle mass without a gym and for some people it’s about mental health not showing off in a gym mirror ,

for some people that 1 hour in the gym is their happy moment every day , makes them less depressed for some it’s the only social contact they have all day ...

for some it’s how they make a living especially the Muay Thai gyms and fighters my fight got cancelled many times just a week before I’m “lucky” I have some savings some

People sadly don’t as there is not much money in Muay Thai .

I know many trainers and gym owners with financial problems as well no tourists no fights no customers 

The travails of being a narcissist?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

The virus is not transmitted by touching surfaces, or garments in your post.  It is an airborne virus, and it can stay alive for some time on a surface but the risk that you would touch sufficient still active particles and then touch your nose or eyes, resulting in you getting infected, is negligible.

The risk is lower, but still there. Tests have varying degrees of how long it stays alive. from 3 hours - 3 days depending on the surface.

Edited by 2530Ubon
  • Like 1