Disgusted by incompetent hypocrisy regarding lockdowns

49 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

You obviously haven't been to Macro and seen people going through the raw meat section with bare hands to find the piece they want after handling most of what's in the tray.

You obviously haven't either. They use disposable gloves or plastic bags.

What were you doing there anyway? Pushing the girlfriends shopping cart?

Edited by NanLaew
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Right on.

They seem to lack imagination and thinking outside the box.

I can get a great workout in my room with an 8 pack of large water.

Curls, chest, shoulders you name it.  Then, some rubber pullies for other exercises.  Sit ups, push ups, I actually work up a nice sweat in an hour.  

Not perfect, but better then sitting with a lousy excuse the gyms are closed.

...or posting girly-man whines on internet forums like the OP.

Edited by NanLaew
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, PGSan said:

Exactly, it is transmitted almost entirely by airborne means.

There are numerous references, throughout the WWW that the coronavirus could be spread by touch.

And this possibility is taken seriously enough for shops to be closed down and thoroughly cleaned and disinfected if an infected person is known to have visited it. Why do that if this possibility was not true?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 2530Ubon said:

The risk is lower, but still there. Tests have varying degrees of how long it stays alive. from 3 hours - 3 days depending on the surface.

Link to an article, addressing the issue > https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20200903/coronavirus-on-surfaces-whats-the-real-risk

Only under 'perfect conditions' would there be any risk, otherwise the risk is neglible.

Excessive use of desinfectant and hand-sanitizer on the other hand (sic)....

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, James105 said:

They also do not seem to appreciate the irony of complaining that others are using the streets making them busier whilst they themselves are on them.   

Not so much irony, more stupid egotism!  

1 minute ago, NanLaew said:

Infections have been positively identified as being transmitted by the virus surviving on the hard surfaces of packaged, deep frozen processed foodstuffs

Are you sure?  Times and places please. 

• Confused 1

19 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

And how old are you?

I will soon turn 72 and no I don't want Covid but the steps they are taking are just plain stupid.  94% of all Covid deaths are from people with comorbidities.  My mother in law died they say from Covid.  She was 96 and in failing health.  Senator Elizabeth Warren's brother "died from Covid"  He was 86 had cancer and was in a rehabilitation home to recuperate from pneumonia before he contracted pneumonia.  If he had contracted TB would you say he died from TB?  If he contracted the flu and died would you say he died from the flu?  

Any person who has significant health problems and contracts any other disease is at increased risk for significant complications and/or death because of their underlying health conditions.  That is true for Malaria, Dengue Fever, Influenza, Bacterial Infections, Blood Clots, Phenomena and the list goes on. 

The reality is that 95% of people who contract Covid exhibit symptoms if any at all that are so mild that they don't even require hospitalization.  Covid is serious but don't make it out to have the same lethality as the venom from a Komodo Dragon. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, PGSan said:

In what sense? 

I used the word 'condescending' in relation to Moonlover's post, because he claimed that non-essential shops like clothing shops are closed for reason of the covid-virus sticking on the garments and thus transmitting by touch.  That particular risk is absolutely neglible.

And so I resented his 'condescending' grand finale - Got It? after that incorrect explanation of his.

14 minutes ago, PGSan said:
26 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

There are numerous references, throughout the WWW that the coronavirus could be spread by touch.

15 minutes ago, PGSan said:

‘could be’ sure, but not ‘is’ or  ‘has been’.

It would appear that there are enough authorities, worldwide, who regard 'could be' as a good enough reason to take the appropriate precautions. That's good enough for me.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, 2530Ubon said:

...  it could also mutate to become more deadly.

That would be very unusual for a virus, in historical terms.

Generally, they evolve to become less deadly over time, although perhaps more transmissible.

Full discussion at : https://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/will-coronavirus-evolve-be-less-deadly-180976288/

But, of course, nobody knows for sure.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Peter Denis said:

The virus is not transmitted by touching surfaces, or garments in your post.  It is an airborne virus, and it can stay alive for some time on a surface but the risk that you would touch sufficient still active particles and then touch your nose or eyes, resulting in you getting infected, is negligible.

So it's not for that reason that clothing-shops are closed, but for asocial distancing reasons.

Has Piers Corbyn brought out a book, and you read it........????

• Confused 1

14 hours ago, Yahem said:

Let’s see how you hold a decent size of muscle mass without a gym and for some people it’s about mental health not showing off in a gym mirror ,

for some people that 1 hour in the gym is their happy moment every day , makes them less depressed for some it’s the only social contact they have all day ...

for some it’s how they make a living especially the Muay Thai gyms and fighters my fight got cancelled many times just a week before I’m “lucky” I have some savings some

People sadly don’t as there is not much money in Muay Thai .

I know many trainers and gym owners with financial problems as well no tourists no fights no customers 

I didn't know we had Jean Claude Van Damme posting on ThaiVisa!!

????????????

Hopefully got rid of the Mullet haircut!!!

Edited by roo860

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

You obviously haven't either. They use disposable gloves or plastic bags.

What were you doing there anyway? Pushing the girlfriends shopping cart?

Don't know NanLaew,several times I've witnessed this and voiced my disapproval and got the tongs and handed them to the offending party so obviously your mistaken as some use the appropriate utensils but this is Isaan.I'm not only the ATM but also double as the chauffeur and bodyguard and lifter of heavier objects.

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, HandsomeTallFarang said:

The virus is here to stay, shutting down the Gym isn’t going to save lives. It’s time to learn to LIVE WITH IT and stop shutting down everything because you are afraid of a flu virus with a 99% survival rate.

Somehow shutting down gyms, yet optional construction work that is certainly non essential gets to keep on going. Not even my condo building has their fitness center open despite the fact that their is zero cases within a good 30km from here, but somehow crowded shopping malls, MASSAGE PARLORS, and Parks get to stay open. Pure incompetence. 

Be thankful you don't live in the US where you would be sent to a reeducation camp for such thoughts.  

The shutdown is part of the new world order, Comrade.  Learn to love it.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1