Disgusted by incompetent hypocrisy regarding lockdowns

3 hours ago, FarFlungFalang said:

but this is Isaan.I'm not only the ATM but also double as the chauffeur and bodyguard and lifter of heavier objects.

You're lucky - In addition to your roles, I'm also the official fetcher of anything she needs whilst she's sat down - even if she's next to it/closer to it than I am. Love eh?

Edited by 2530Ubon
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, 2530Ubon said:

You're lucky - In addition to your roles, I'm also the official fetcher of anything she needs whilst she's sat down - even if she's next to it/closer to it than I am. Love eh?

That's so uncanny I thought you might be bugging my house!

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Boomer6969 said:

I'll try to help you there: shopping for clothes can be postponed by a couple of months, shopping for food can't. If you still don't get it you can PM me @Anutin.

I don't get it, so can you explain to me please

If i'm in a busy Tesco or Makro, with no social distancing, buying food to eat, how will preventing me buying non food, like a saucepan, or a jacket stop the virus ?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Joinaman said:

If i'm in a busy Tesco or Makro, with no social distancing, buying food to eat, how will preventing me buying non food, like a saucepan, or a jacket stop the virus ?

Because you'll be spending less time in that busy Tesco or Makro.

21 hours ago, 2530Ubon said:

Well the more it spreads and mutates - becoming more infectious and better at killing - the quicker that day will come. Some people only think about today.

but but but, your saying that it will continue to spread and mutate, therefore making the vaccine almost useless ?

Nice opinion on the "better killing and more infectious ", bit short on truth and facts, but hey, your welcome to your opinion like anyone else 

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

Because you'll be spending less time in that busy Tesco or Makro.

wow, less time ?

so you say we should be rushed and herded through eh store because we might catch the virus, and stopping to pick up any extra items will be deadly ? What if i linger over the meat counter too long, or get stuck in the queue to check out, will we die ?

I'm guessing your reply was meant to be a joke, yes/No ?

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Joinaman said:

Food is a necessity, for the immediate future clothing isn’t and they don’t want people going to the stores for non essential item - its that simple and not difficult to figure out ! 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Natai Beach said:

Smoking has for many years been increasingly banned. And taxed.

Vehicles are regulated by hundreds of rules because they kill.

Laws are being enforced to reduce the covid deaths. 

same same

You were doing so good till i read the second line 

You mean these rules, which most people ignore , these regulations that the police refuse to enforce ?

Laws are being enforced to reduce Covid deasths ? 

you mean the social distancing, the signing in at shops and malls, the wearing of masks all the time, the no drinking of alcohol, , all these that are ignored again by the majority of the people here  

2 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Food is a necessity, for the immediate future clothing isn’t and they don’t want people going to the stores for non essential item - its that simple and not difficult to figure out ! 

but, but most people go into these stores, Makro Tesco, Big C to do food shopping , you know, those poor folk who wander around looking at food and the prices, so why not look and buy so called non essential items

But you have not explained how stopping buying pots and pans will stop the virus, even if someone just goes into the shop to buy a pan 

I've been trying to hunt down an old Spitting Image sketch/song with Arnie himself in it to no avail.

Very funny and in dedication to Gym Queens everywhere all the posing comes down to 'becaz ay hef ay leedle villy'. (Note: A 'Gym Queen is a term used in the Brit military to describe the PTIs who loaf around the gym all day instead of doing 'real' soldiering- it was in no way a comment on their sexual proclivities, honest).

The grunting steroid monkey posers in the gym always make me laugh- no one actually cares about their 'exertions'- far more fun to look at the pretties in their lycra.    

I probably have more core strength doing my stuff without a gym plus I have the added advantage of being able to out run  these muscle-bound tattooed ogres if they take offence at my comments and try to chase me.  They tend to burn out within about 20 feet.????  Edit : Anyone remember the  Heartbreak Ridge 'I'm gonna rip off your head and defecate down your neck' scene between Highway and The Swede, all bulked up with gym muscle. Eastwood wiped the floor with him (yes- I know its a movie but it illustrates the point). There's a difference.

Is the Op still feeling oppressed at the 'incompetence' of gyms or has a cuddle been implemented?

Edited by Psimbo

22 hours ago, sirineou said:

Plus if you go without food for about twenty days you die, where I can go for over two months without a snazzy new  outfit. ????

Look on the bright side , without food for twenty days .

Hopefully ,  you will be hamsum more .555 

47 minutes ago, Joinaman said:

but but but, your saying that it will continue to spread and mutate, therefore making the vaccine almost useless ?

Nice opinion on the "better killing and more infectious ", bit short on truth and facts, but hey, your welcome to your opinion like anyone else 

Well you're partially correct.

Covid has mutated thousands of times already, and has already become more infectious due to those mutations. This fact has been seen especially in the UK

It remains to be seen if a mutation in the future becomes more virulent (deadly). I hope not, but one of the ways to reduce this possibility is to prevent transmission in the first place.

The death numbers are low because of the prevention and hospital beds being taken up. There are places around the world where hospital staff are dying not only from the virus but overwork. Should all those infected with Covid just be told to stay home and die there because hospitals won't treat them. By doing this hospital staff can live normal lives too?

7,000 medical workers have died so far and this story comes from last September. The numbers must be a lot higher by now. Even some Thai medical workers have died.

https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/news/2020/09/amnesty-analysis-7000-health-workers-have-died-from-covid19/

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, 2530Ubon said:

Well you're partially correct.

Covid has mutated thousands of times already, and has already become more infectious due to those mutations. This fact has been seen especially in the UK

It remains to be seen if a mutation in the future becomes more virulent (deadly). I hope not, but one of the ways to reduce this possibility is to prevent transmission in the first place.

And you can bet your last dollar people will need to take yearly vaccinations for all these mutations....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joinaman said:

Fist you buy a saucepan next you will want to swim in a pool or drink a beer with a meal....

10 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

Fist you buy a saucepan next you will want to swim in a pool or drink a beer with a meal....

yup

a swim in the pool, nooooo, too cold 

Drinking a beer with a meal , yes 

will it spread the virus too?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Sundown said:

Well people die for many reasons. For example why don't we ban cigarettes or vehicles? The smoke causes lung cancer. People die of it. Even not smokers. 

Also, being this a "global pandemic" I expect at least 10% more deaths everywhere in the world compared to the previous years. Do you have the numbers?

Leaving aside your expectations as qualified people have parameters to declare a pandemic and not you, the UK has excess deaths of 85,000, that is 85,000 more than the prediction based on the average of the previous 5 years. 

• Confused 1

On 1/12/2021 at 4:30 PM, impulse said:

I've been to the gyms.  I've seen the guys get off a piece of equipment leaving a pool of sweat behind for the next person to sit in. 

Closing them isn't a bad idea in a time when that sweat may be contagious.

And so can be 1000 other things as well: buses, air in a closed room, food, any surface. Should we shut down everything in the whole world?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1