New 300 THB entry fee to help cover uninsured foreign tourists who fail to pay medical bills

webfact

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Payment will likely be in the form of a stealth tax applied when someone purchases a flight to Thailand. 

When purchasing a flight to Thailand???  Then, if I buy a round trip ticket from my Thai travel agent while I am in Thailand, I will not pay the fee?  Otherwise, that means Thai citizens also will be paying the "stealth tax" uninsured fee, too. Or will they get a refund?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, internationalism said:

there is already 600b tax to thai government included in air fare (till 2016 it was payed on departure, at the airport).

For all thai visitors there is now a compulsory health insurance, it was introduced during STV several months ago and is now mandatory for all other visas.

The very same minister, who wants to cancel quarantine to vaccinated travellers, to ease burden on them, now demands from them money to support his ministry.

Obviously, he will be in charge in allocating this money to projects controlled by his ministry

Why don't they just make it a cool 1000 baht and be done with it then they have 600 baht already + the new 300 baht and  an extra 100 baht towards the new benz then all problems solved.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, djayz said:

So I'm being invited, no forced, to pay a share of somebody else's bill?!? What next?!

It is a tax and works just like other taxes the world over. You take from the rich, give a small percentage to help the poor and the lion's share for the government.

• Confused 1