Pattaya: Resort plans its own vaccine program - 120,000 to get jabs at cost of 80+ million baht - but which vaccine?

rooster59

On 1/17/2021 at 7:55 AM, Jeffr2 said:

If it's Dengvaxia, it's been pulled in many countries due to severe reactions.  And is only available to people aged 9 to 16.

I had to get a yellow fever vaccine to go to work in Africa, put me down for 4 days yet it is still required

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, skorp13 said:

I had to get a yellow fever vaccine to go to work in Africa, put me down for 4 days yet it is still required

I got one recently also and no reaction at all!  Got it last March for my trip to Africa.  But I've had reactions to the flu jabs before.  Sore arm, tired, etc.

2 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

But I've had reactions to the flu jabs before.  Sore arm, tired, etc.

I'm starting to question the worth of the annual flu vaccine.  

If the covid vaccine was developed in record time, around 10 months, how is it they can make an annual flu vaccine every year?  

A lot of these annual flu viruses originate in China also.

• Like 1

On 1/16/2021 at 12:31 PM, bkk6060 said:

Seems like many comments like yours with a price limit or some who will not get it if they have to pay at all.

I guess everyone has a value limit on these vaccines that may protect their life.

So if it is 1,100 b, you will not get it?

I wouldn't get it even if it was for free. 

On 1/16/2021 at 5:43 AM, Petey11 said:

Personally I would have thought a national vaccination program would have been better, more control and maybe less chance of misappropriated funds.

There's an entire ecosphere in Thailand that operates on misappropriated funds.  It's a circle of life thing.

14 hours ago, Leaver said:

I can see it becoming a requirement of your visa renewal. 

No vaccination = no visa.  

As I mentioned before, agents will fill the gap. If they can produce 800,000 baht like magic into your account, a vaccination certificate will be child's play. 

On 1/21/2021 at 6:48 AM, jacko45k said:

As I mentioned before, agents will fill the gap. If they can produce 800,000 baht like magic into your account, a vaccination certificate will be child's play. 

Not on this one, but who knows, TiT.

For all we know, they may set up a vaccination tent outside the immigration office, where you pay your money for the vaccination, get vaccinated, whilst being observed by an immigration officer, who then stamps your passport, allowing you to proceed with your application inside.  

One year from when the vaccination becomes available to the public, all expats will have been vaccinated, except for overstays.  

• Confused 1

13 hours ago, Leaver said:

For all we know, they may set up a vaccination tent outside the immigration office, where you pay your money for the vaccination, get vaccinated, whilst being observed by an immigration officer, who then stamps your passport, allowing you to proceed with your application inside.  

Haha, yeah right, they will work diligently to prevent their own kickbacks, just like they do for the extensions! (Ones that they develop the blind-eye and special procedures for)!