Pattaya: Resort plans its own vaccine program - 120,000 to get jabs at cost of 80+ million baht - but which vaccine?

rooster59

2 hours ago, rooster59 said:

The BBC reported this week that the AstraZeneca vaccine - that Thai health minister Anutin Charnvirakul said yesterday that the country has bought 26 million doss -  

Doss .! Is the minister for calamity talking 26 mil' doses or dossers .?

And the stuff in the vial in the pic looks a bit like ribena .. 

I'm curious as to where they are going to buy vaccine from. There is already a huge backlog of orders, and most manufactures are producing at cost price to Government's. Roll out of vaccine should be centrally controlled to ensure nationwide coverage.

• Like 1

With limited funding why not go for AstraZenicah, cheapest as is supplied at cost I think, or a mix of vaccines as not everyone can have some vaccines due to allergic reaction, especially the Pfizer one. Personally I would have thought a national vaccination program would have been better, more control and maybe less chance of misappropriated funds.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Partenavia said:

I'm curious as to where they are going to buy vaccine from. There is already a huge backlog of orders, and most manufactures are producing at cost price to Government's. Roll out of vaccine should be centrally controlled to ensure nationwide coverage.

But of course it would be the vaccine company who paid the most under the table and to the right individual to make that decision. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, keith101 said:

I wouldn't mind paying more for it as long as its under 1,000 tbh .

You will pay whatever they want you to pay, or they will not renew your next visa.  

Pay, or leave, will be the options.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Chinese vaccine is 50% efficient and the Norwegians have had 11 elderly people die in short order after getting the vaccine and are now taking a second look at what is going on.

I am not an anti vaxxer, but. In the history vaccines has there ever been a faster roll out? Has there ever been such small test data? The short answer is NO.

I have had Yellow Fever vaccine twice due to work locations and it lasts with one jab 10 years.

I also had to get Rabies shots twice once as a child and as an adult in Thailand - both times good for 10 years.

The Covid magic bullet vaccine has to be 2 shots 12 weeks apart and could be a twice yearly thing forever according <deleted> I read from the UK Gov.

The guinea pigs are the people at the front of the queue with their sleeves rolled up. I am 64 and just like President Macron said. "Other people have more priority in getting the vaccine than me." Horse on....

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

Yawn...

Ahhhh, the old saying, "The Thai's would never do that.  They would lose too much money." 

????

10 hours ago, mrfill said:

That's only half a dozen or so large brown envelopes.

Last time I went to school many many years ago 600thb times 120,000 didn't come to anywhere near 80 billion baht, so either somebody needs to go back to school or they need a bigger bag for the brown envelopes 

47 minutes ago, a977 said:

Last time I went to school many many years ago 600thb times 120,000 didn't come to anywhere near 80 billion baht, so either somebody needs to go back to school or they need a bigger bag for the brown envelopes 

Last time you went to school, you better had taken some reading classes as well, because the big bold thread title says 80 million, not billion.

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, skorp13 said:

As far as i am aware there is a Dengue vaccine available at 12,000 baht and no one is getting it so yes, price is a factor

If it's Dengvaxia, it's been pulled in many countries due to severe reactions.  And is only available to people aged 9 to 16.

11 hours ago, lonewolf99 said:

Chinese vaccine is 50% efficient and the Norwegians have had 11 elderly people die in short order after getting the vaccine and are now taking a second look at what is going on.

I am not an anti vaxxer, but. In the history vaccines has there ever been a faster roll out? Has there ever been such small test data? The short answer is NO.

I have had Yellow Fever vaccine twice due to work locations and it lasts with one jab 10 years.

I also had to get Rabies shots twice once as a child and as an adult in Thailand - both times good for 10 years.

The Covid magic bullet vaccine has to be 2 shots 12 weeks apart and could be a twice yearly thing forever according <deleted> I read from the UK Gov.

The guinea pigs are the people at the front of the queue with their sleeves rolled up. I am 64 and just like President Macron said. "Other people have more priority in getting the vaccine than me." Horse on....

Norway has had quite a few deaths in elderly people die.  But as they say, most were over 80 and in very bad shape.

Small test data?  Is 40 million people enough?  I sure hope so.

A new jab is coming out shortly that will be only 1 course.  And the existing ones are hoping to be that way soon.

https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/covid-vaccine-tracker-global-distribution/

• Like 1

7 hours ago, a977 said:

Maybe that's just the margin for error allowed in Thai accounting.  ????

• Confused 1