Expats may need to take COVID-19 test in order to renew extensions of stay: Richard Barrow

Jonathan Fairfield

8 hours ago, GeorgeCross said:

won't be taking my test at a private hospital.. just in case i test positive

can you imagine the bill! ????

No problem if a person is responsible and cares about their health and has a quality medical insurance coverage.

Edited by bkk6060
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, dcnx said:

Are you sure your quality insurance pays for hospitalization for asymptomatic cases? Because that’s where you’re going if you test positive, even if you feel fine and don’t have symptoms.

Yes 100% they will also pay for the test.  I have the best Aetna plan in fact they encourage it.

You have a viral infection that is very contagious and can turn quickly to serious complications or even death.

I guess if a person has lousy cheap coverage, it may not be the case.

Edited by bkk6060
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

I wonder where we are now with his mediatic campaign against the double pricing?

Richard Barrow was celebrating double pricing when it worked the other way around: a promotion at Emporium that favoured expats over locals. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, edwardandtubs said:

Richard Barrow, apparently well-meaning, often whips people up into a panic based on his misunderstandings. Clearly, it would be absurd to require a Covid-19 test for extensions and it's not even what the regulations he's quoting says so this is obviously another one of his brain farts. I don't know why anyone takes him seriously.

Apparently TV does.

• Like 1

Wouldn’t Thailand be shooting themselves in the foot by doing this?

If more people start getting tested then more positive cases will show 

There is of course the chance that people will be told they are negative if they’re showing no symptoms (despite being positive)

28 minutes ago, PatOngo said:

get you facts together and don't sprout BS!

That’s a bit rich coming from you Pat.

But I know Dick’s slant carrying on to make things always appear worse than what they really are, such as this topic, appeals to a certain type who lap it all up. 

• Sad 4

If this was first published in the Royal Gazette on the 25th December last year, how come the ThaiVisa news team didn't report it back then? 

My guess is that they knew about it but are actually waiting to obtain all the relevant facts before reporting it...unlike you know who...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TSF said:

Not worried. My next visa renewal is due in July, that's 6 months away, and by that time they will have changed the requirements about 255,00 times.

Mine is due end January and I was going to go on the 25th, now changing that to Monday, the thought of someone shoving one of those things down my Jimmy Durante schnozzle makes me wanna say Inka Dinka Doo. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Regardless he's asking and raising legitimate concerns that have also been officially raised by the CCSA who have confirmed in their English language briefing yesterday that the new rules for covid tests are current for migrant workers but will also include ALL foreign workers who are applying for a work permit from next month. The spokesperson also says to keep yourselves updated, god forbid Richard makes any more follow ups on this..............phew.....................

Here's the vid, relevant info starts at 4.12

Your summary of the video does not seem to convey quite what he said about work permit applications by Expats. He said tests will not be required. Rather than fall into the same trap of Thai complexity, I'll let you and others listen, it starts at about 4.00 minutes.

Edited by rabas

2 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

If this was first published in the Royal Gazette on the 25th December last year, how come the ThaiVisa news team didn't report it back then? 

My guess is that they knew about it but are actually waiting to obtain all the relevant facts before reporting it...unlike you know who...

I think that you unduly flatter them...............

• Like 1
  • Haha 1