Biden will wait for recommendation on sharing secrets with Trump

webfact

4 minutes ago, J Town said:

He'd come over, steal your toaster, then blame Hillary for it!

I wonder if the artworks he nicked from Paris will be heading back soon ... or if the Secret service need to check his luggage.

Edited by Salerno
Typo
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jonnapat said:

I don't get it. Why would Biden even consider sharing intelligence information with someone no longer connected to government. Am I missing something here ?

2 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Can someone explain why it would be normal to share secrets with an ex President anyway? I mean even if they weren't Trump?

36 minutes ago, Patong2021 said:

Because former presidents are usually a wealth of experience and guidance. If you look at pre Trump era, USA was an example of democracy with smooth transition and strategic teamwork. Kennedy relied on Eisenhower during Bay of Pigs crisis. Obama used 2nd Bush president for Africa outreach. Clinton worked with Bush 1st president for catastrophe relief.  presidents rely on ex presidents because they are the only people who understand the job.

Trump was the absentee president who did not get involved in day to day activity and who played more golf than any other president. He did not give courtesy of full briefings to former Presidents. Unlike Trump, Biden will restore briefings to Clinton, Bush and Obama and will use them for special projects around the world. Biden is lucky that he had 8 years to learn the job when he was VP. He will hit the ground running with minimal learning curve. He can count on support of Bush, Obama, Clinton who will do whatever they can to restore dignity of the office. Trump can be trusted with nothing. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Jonnapat said:

I don't get it. Why would Biden even consider sharing intelligence information with someone no longer connected to government. Am I missing something here ?

He wouldn't, he won't. He is being a statesman here, not a bull in a China shop. He's not shouting into a megaphone what a dirtball 45 is, he's giving (undeserved) respect for the outgoing traitor.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Can someone explain why it would be normal to share secrets with an ex President anyway? I mean even if they weren't Trump?

Please read previous posts, it's been explained several times already.

• Like 2

Am I correct: they (even) discuss Biden sharing secrets with Trump??

Wha the hell should Trump after his performance  be informed about Biden's - the president's secrets ?

Anyone believing he is trustworthy?

Edited by sweatalot

3 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

I think I'd be very economical with any secrets to GWB!

2 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Given that this thread is about whether Biden should share classified info with Trump, your questioning of his attention span is kind of comical.

Glad you found it funny. Not much to laugh about these days.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sirineou said:

When I saw this OP my first reaction was  Whisky  Tango Foxtrot

We could not trust him with secrets while he was president and we will trust him with secrets after ?

3 hours ago, Dagfinnur Traustason said:

Only in US! Why in the world should a coming president share secrets with a person that are walking away from a post?

If an employee of Apple get fired, will the next employee share all the company secrets with that guy before he walks?

No way - he's likely to hand them over the Putin straight away!

• Haha 1

Maybe Joe should fabricate some juicy bit of a "secret" and share that with Trump, see what happens.

Or share secret "treat all Americans with respect and defend the Constitution and, who knows?, you might win an election"

1 hour ago, Walker88 said:

"We have our wars over here so we don't have to have wars over there"

A civil war is still a war, and 45 has done his best, with his endless lies, to start one.

BTW, war by proxy is still war. 45 gave billions in weapons to Saudi Arabia, who then went about something in Yemen that one can call genocide, as more than a hundred thousand children starved to death. 45 also gave the go ahead to Turkey against our (former allies) the Kurds, who are the people that actually drove ISIS out of al Raqqa in Syria and Mosul in Iraq.

Finally, 45 wants to pardon MbS, despite MbS having order the flaying alive of US Person and WaPo reporter Jamal Khashoggi.

MbS?

7 hours ago, Patong2021 said:

Because former presidents are usually a wealth of experience and guidance. If you look at pre Trump era, USA was an example of democracy with smooth transition and strategic teamwork. Kennedy relied on Eisenhower during Bay of Pigs crisis. Obama used 2nd Bush president for Africa outreach. Clinton worked with Bush 1st president for catastrophe relief.  presidents rely on ex presidents because they are the only people who understand the job.

Trump was the absentee president who did not get involved in day to day activity and who played more golf than any other president. He did not give courtesy of full briefings to former Presidents. Unlike Trump, Biden will restore briefings to Clinton, Bush and Obama and will use them for special projects around the world. Biden is lucky that he had 8 years to learn the job when he was VP. He will hit the ground running with minimal learning curve. He can count on support of Bush, Obama, Clinton who will do whatever they can to restore dignity of the office. Trump can be trusted with nothing. 

Not anything you state here, creates the need to give away secret information.