Thai police don't know the law, admits RTP chief

webfact

Advisory.

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Wonder if the same happens for the military that trains with the US soldiers during Cobra Gold.  Use it only during training and then forget it afterwards.....

Apparently so, My friend was here some years ago doing a officers training coarse and he failed half of them, and he was told he was not allowed to fail anyone, you can guess the rest

Edited by ChipButty
  • Like 1

Yet the police just said they were powerless to act because he had not done anything in front of them.

So by this logic there is no crime, if the police did not act because nothing happened in front of them, then the prisons should be emptied, who did not carry out their deeds in front of police.

• Like 1

It makes a pleasant & surprising change to see someone stand up and admit their mistakes.

The usual 'modus operandi' is to form a fact finding committee that doesn't go anywhere. Hopefully he will be true to his word and enact changes.

Immigration don't know the rules either they recently tried to charge for overstay during the amnesty for which i flatly refused and this was this December when trying to do a 90 day report in person , the young female officer kept trying and i kept rufusing telling her it was amnesty and no overstay eventually she just pushed my passport and form back at me not giving me 90 days so off to my agent and fixed no problem .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

He also made excuses for their slow response time and that training is required for the police.

easy to solve, send them to a police academy for training, loosing the extra body fat/get them fit and hire them based on their performance and skills, do not hire them based on who they know and how thick the envelope is

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Wait a minute, then what happened to all of the RTP officers the US Department of State trained through various Law Enforcement agencies in the US who came here on a contract and taught them.  Did they sleep through the classes.  I know that my former agency sent people over here to train them, however they do not use any of the tactics we taught them.  Wonder if the same happens for the military that trains with the US soldiers during Cobra Gold.  Use it only during training and then forget it afterwards.....

The type of training you speak of is physical not mental and it only happens for those serving in Bangkok. Outside of the capital it is keystone cops very little training majority of it is traffic mismanagement " this is Thailand " which means make it up as you go along.????

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, overherebc said:

I have always thought that perhaps a system where some officers could spend time with the UK police and actually go on patrol foot/car etc,  bring back and pass on the experience.

I certainly wouldn't advise USA cops as examples.

You obviously have never served as a "USA cop" and perhaps only know what you see on the telley or news. Educate yourself so as not to appear clueless of the bigger picture of the world of law enforcement.

• Haha 1