Son murders his mother and cuts her tongue out - Bangkok police shoot him dead

webfact

Son murders his mother and cuts her tongue out - Bangkok police shoot him dead

6pm.jpg
Picture: Sanook

Bang Sao Thong police in the Taling Chan area of Bangkok were called along with fire services after a man went crazy at a house on Soi Bang Phrom, attacked his mother, then set fire to the property. 

When police and fire services arrived Nonthachai or Nott ran up to the officers. After firing a warning shot he didn't stop.

He was shot dead. 

Inside the house Suranrat, Nott's mother lay dead. He had bashed her head in, stabbed her and cut her tongue out. 

Met chief Lt-Gen Phukphong Phongpetra defended the police action saying his men were under threat. A warning shot was fired but the man kept coming. 

An investigation is underway to see if drugs or mental illness was involved. 

Nott had served time for armed robbery and was released in 2016. He was mixed up in drugs. Ketamine milk was not involved.

Thamong, 55, the younger brother of the victim said that Nott went berserk after doing drugs with friends at the house. He had run out into the soi in tears with a Buddhist image statue over his head and laid in the road to get run over. 

Thamrong got others to call the emergency services then checked in the house where he found his elder sister dead and the house on fire.

He said he asked Nott why he had killed his own mother.

Sanook reported that he replied: "Mai chai mae goo" - she's not my....mother.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Regarding the police shot him: when they shot him - did they know of the gruesome murder that had just happened? If no - I would disapprove their action.  Knowing what we know now their action might have been a good solution to the problem.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, faraday said:

Perhaps it's a better solution...it appears from the article, that he is severely mentally ill, if not completely insane.

I don't see why some of the mentally ill murderers, such as the Yorkshire ripper, should have been locked up. 

I believe some people are beyond help.

However, how do we decide who lives or dies....?

Funny how different people get different things from an article, I didnt get that at all, what I saw was problems related to drugs. The only mention of mental illness was:

"An investigation is underway to see if drugs or mental illness was involved"... but then why bother the guys already dead !

"Nott went berserk after doing drugs with friends"

What I drew from the report was it was more likely to be drug related as he had a history of drug abuse.

Everyone has and is entitled to their opinion, mine is dont kill if it can be avoided. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

What I drew from the report was it was more likely to be drug related as he had a history of drug abuse.

Drugs don't make someone does this:

"Inside the house Suranrat, Nott's mother lay dead. He had bashed her head in, stabbed her and cut her tongue out."

He most very likely had a psychosis, brought on by, I summise, Amphetamine. 

But then what should be done; examine his upbringing for abuse - of a sexual nature, which left him deeply emotionally scarred & thus self -medicating with illegal drugs?

I dunno Charles, what do you think...?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, faraday said:

Drugs don't make someone does this:

"Inside the house Suranrat, Nott's mother lay dead. He had bashed her head in, stabbed her and cut her tongue out."

He most very likely had a psychosis, brought on by, I summise, Amphetamine. 

So, if the psychosis was brought on by the drugs, would that not mean that the drugs make him do it?

1 hour ago, sweatalot said:

Regarding the police shot him: when they shot him - did they know of the gruesome murder that had just happened? If no - I would disapprove their action.  Knowing what we know now their action might have been a good solution to the problem.

Having just committed a gruesome murder is no justification for a police officer to kill someone.  He probably came at them with the knife, so they shot him.

There is no mention of him having a knife or any weapon. So you are just presuming without knowing the facts, If he did have a knife then it would be OK to shoot him if you think he is going to cut you.  I train in weapon fighting and when knives are involved then there is no second guessing. Its kill or be killed.  The trouble with police forces is that they are not trained to shoot with any precision, only body shots, which will normally kill.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

20 hours ago, webfact said:

Thamong, 55, the younger brother of the victim said that Nott went berserk after doing drugs with friends at the house. He had run out into the soi in tears with a Buddhist image statue over his head and laid in the road to get run over

What a fine son... 

18 minutes ago, digger70 said:

No, He took the drugs No one Forces people to Take Drugs Legal or Illegal ones .

Of course people have forced people to take drugs.  You're saying that in the HISTORY of Mankind...... No one has forced another person to take drugs??????????

lol

• Sad 1

20 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Funny how different people get different things from an article, I didnt get that at all, what I saw was problems related to drugs. The only mention of mental illness was:

"An investigation is underway to see if drugs or mental illness was involved"... but then why bother the guys already dead !

Everyone has and is entitled to their opinion, mine is dont kill if it can be avoided. 

Explain what you would have done in that policeman position?

Crazy guy mentally ill or 'other' that's just killed his own mother and cut her tongue out, you think he's running towards you to ask if you want to go for a pint?

Granted, the policeman could have subdued him with a non fatal shot ( but do the police here have that ability ) or even know what that means?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Explain what you would have done in that policeman position?

Crazy guy mentally ill or 'other' that's just killed his own mother and cut her tongue out, you think he's running towards you to ask if you want to go for a pint?

Granted, the policeman could have subdued him with a non fatal shot ( but do the police here have that ability ) or even know what that means?

We werent there so we dont actually know the order of things. Was he shot before or after the body was discovered. From the article it would seem the Police arrived he was shot and then the body was discovered.Assuming thats the case, then you can bet there were a high number of Police there, there always is, so there would have been enough to restrain him. But again its guesswork as the article doesnt say if he ran at them armed ? If he was then there is more justification for the warning shot. They could have just as easily shot the legs and dropped him. But I doubt they would have the calmness of mind or training to actually do that despite their numbers. Anyway, its all speculation, not enough facts, I still dont belive killing him was the only or appropriate response (in my opinion).

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Ventenio said:

Of course people have forced people to take drugs.  You're saying that in the HISTORY of Mankind...... No one has forced another person to take drugs??????????

lol

One can Always say NO.  One doesn't have to give in to Peer Pressure .

I don't have a problem with that. I can take it or leave it.

Have taken some  in my life time now left it for Others. 

It's Won't power ,Not Willpower.

I Won't Take them ,others Will

On 1/20/2021 at 11:11 AM, CharlieH said:

Fail to see why some are so quick to delight in the death of another.

Forget about helping people, nah, lets kill them its easier. Geez.

Put that S--t in your body suffer the consequences, drugs or no drugs he's pure Evil. No trial or Jury straight to execution and give that Policeman a medal.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, CharlieH said:

We werent there so we dont actually know the order of things. Was he shot before or after the body was discovered. From the article it would seem the Police arrived he was shot and then the body was discovered.Assuming thats the case, then you can bet there were a high number of Police there, there always is, so there would have been enough to restrain him. But again its guesswork as the article doesnt say if he ran at them armed ? If he was then there is more justification for the warning shot. They could have just as easily shot the legs and dropped him. But I doubt they would have the calmness of mind or training to actually do that despite their numbers. Anyway, its all speculation, not enough facts, I still dont belive killing him was the only or appropriate response (in my opinion).

I'm not disputing the facts i'm merely asking what you would have done in that situation.

If suitably trained a leg shot or tazer should have been used to subdue the man opposed to a fatal shot.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Bravo - wife-beating / mom-beating Somchai's deserve to be put down when their actions become life-threatening for those around them.

It is a pity that the BiB couldn't get there before the mother's head got bashed in.

Edited by varun
  • Like 1

On 1/20/2021 at 11:43 AM, CharlieH said:

Sure, some people should'nt use drugs, the same as some people should'nt use alcohol (which is also a drug, just socially accepted). 

Drugs don't make people go insane but are used as an easy excuse for someones actions, without getting to the root cause of someones mental health problems.