Married Men: Do you enjoy 'a bit on the side?'

WineOh

2 hours ago, WineOh said:
2 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Only according to the male mind-readers that were present and the male OP, no?

And thus the fragile male ego is deceived.

Again.

Do you ever just look at something for what it actually is???

We live in a different culture mate.

It is still acceptable here for a married man to have other sexual partners.

This is a fact.

I just love it when foreigners make sweeping comments on the cultural norms of their adopted homelands, a land where they probably can't speak or understand half the lingo and are bereft of the nuance and slang.

I was commenting on the broad, male-only assumption that just because their wives didn't bat an eyelid in the company of their peers and their spouses in public, then it's all hunky dory to bang anything with a pulse in the land of horizontal smiles.

How many rodeos have you been on BTW?

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

And that gentlemen, is why TBL is now exclusively in the rental business.

its probably much chheaper that way as well, allthough I have been guilty of the "love road"  and payed over half mill USD for it....  stupid male I know... 

1 minute ago, TSF said:

7 years relationship with my current TGF and I've never had intercourse with another woman. I have, however, had a few HE massages but they don't count...Bill Clinton told me so.????

Barbara Bush: “Clinton lied. A man might forget where he parks or where he lives, but he never forgets oral sex, no matter how bad it is.”

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Any wife that doesn't give sex to her husband when he wants it doesn't have any reason to complain if he plays away. That is sex every day- no "headaches" or other such like "excuse".

It is my opinion that men get married to have sex- end of.

dunno about you but I dont think I would enjoy a not into it partner..... yeah yeah I know what you all going to say, what about the paid BG's?  well, out of the vast qantities tested I truly beleive 95 % enjoyed it...  and yes I do treat them well.... not like a dog ....

5 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

I just love it when foreigners make sweeping comments on the cultural norms of their adopted homelands, a land where they probably can't speak or understand half the lingo and are bereft of the nuance and slang.

I was commenting on the broad, male-only assumption that just because their wives didn't bat an eyelid in the company of their peers and their spouses in public, then it's all hunky dory to bang anything with a pulse in the land of horizontal smiles.

How many rodeos have you been on BTW?

Lost me.....  ah, thr 7/11 girl asked me to karaoke... see ya...... oh, was what you saying something important?  

1 minute ago, Seeall said:

ah, thr 7/11 girl asked me to karaoke... see ya

a young 7/11 girl was one of the best lays I ever had when I first came here.

I met her at the 7/11 top end of Khao San road.

She could speak nid noy english so I invited her for drinks when she got off work.

She was a student at kasetsart university but boy was she good in the sack! ???? 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, WineOh said:
4 minutes ago, Seeall said:

ah, thr 7/11 girl asked me to karaoke... see ya

She could speak nid noy english so I invited her for drinks when she got off work.

She was a student at kasetsart university but boy was she good in the sack!

Ah... on Khao San Road. I see.

Now that we have a better handle on that all-telling metric of your self-proclaimed machismo... buh-bye.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, WineOh said:

She was a student at kasetsart university but boy was she good in the sack! ???? 

good one....  yeah no Engrish better.... normally means less u know what and more importantly curious and up for new experiences...  when I came here years ago had an amazing muslim GF .. had a snak local food and 3 family mart girlsthat knew me (yeah buin booze every day) asked me join them then asked go kareoke.. I said hey, u seen my GF.. they just looked at me like whats wrong with you....  ok, I a m learning...

I have a wonderful relationship with my wife.. I love her and would not want to do anything that would hurt her or our relationship.   Also I don't want to live with secrets or the anxiety of something untoward being discovered.. or the possibility of bringing home an std..   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, NanLaew said:

Ah... on Khao San Road. I see.

Now that we have a better handle on that all-telling metric of your self-proclaimed machismo... buh-bye.

u bye.. cant stop reading it huh,,, go look farming in issan then...

• Haha 1

Just now, Laza 45 said:

I have a wonderful relationship with my wife.. I love her and would not want to do anything that would hurt her or our relationship.   Also I don't want to live with secrets or the anxiety of something untoward being discovered.. or the possibility of bringing home an std..   

very sensible indeed... even better... take a vow of celebisy..

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

I really have to wonder why anyone would marry the person they supposedly love and want to be with only to screw around once they are married, personally I find those that do it pathetic losers that think with their little heads instead of their big head. If you want to screw around dont get married or have a partner then you can stick it in anyone you want, all it shows me is they have to feed their ego's to prove how manly they are or to get over having little dicks. I screwed around heaps when I was a lot younger and single, we all do, if you have to keep doing it once you mature & are married you are a scum bag that lacks any form intelligence

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, seajae said:

I really have to wonder why anyone would marry the person they supposedly love and want to be with only to screw around once they are married, personally I find those that do it pathetic losers that think with their little heads instead of their big head. If you want to screw around dont get married or have a partner then you can stick it in anyone you want, all it shows me is they have to feed their ego's to prove how manly they are or to get over having little dicks. I screwed around heaps when I was a lot younger and single, we all do, if you have to keep doing it once you mature & are married you are a scum bag that lacks any form intelligence

Jeez mate,

you slammed the hammer down hard on that one!

Were you a Judge back home?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Seeall said:

good one....  yeah no Engrish better.... normally means less u know what and more importantly curious and up for new experiences...  when I came here years ago had an amazing muslim GF .. had a snak local food and 3 family mart girlsthat knew me (yeah buin booze every day) asked me join them then asked go kareoke.. I said hey, u seen my GF.. they just looked at me like whats wrong with you....  ok, I a m learning...

..and then you woke up?

• Sad 1

Some interesting responses thus far,

Thank you for that gents.

It seems that the general consensus for western men is that it is immoral for a married man to play about.

That is in stark contrast to how Thai men view it.

Very interesting indeed.

As we live in Thailand I shall continue going the way I am.

What's that famous saying again?: 'When in Rome?'

You bet your backside I will! ???? 

Edited by WineOh

31 minutes ago, Seeall said:

its probably much chheaper that way as well, allthough I have been guilty of the "love road"  and payed over half mill USD for it....  stupid male I know... 

The knowledge that I was fooled by a greedy woman playing the long con hurts more than just the money she conned me out of. No one wants to have to admit they were a fool to fall for the power of the p***y.

Renting might not have cost me less, but I'd have been a whole lot happier now.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The knowledge that I was fooled by a greedy woman playing the long con hurts more than just the money she conned me out of. No one wants to have to admit they were a fool to fall for the power of the p***y.

Renting might not have cost me less, but I'd have been a whole lot happier now.

wasnt there some poet said to know love is better than not to know love at all?  seems silly to me...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You apparently think it's OK to live in a sexless marriage. Some of us don't.

Using sex to trap a guy and then pulling the plug should be a reason not to have to give her anything at the divorce if she does that scam.

straight to the point, well said..

• Like 2

Interesting topic and interesting to read different views on morality.

While I have no absolute answer for everyone, I remember a thousand years ago, when I had tossed out any and all superstitions, and took Occam's Razor to existence, that I came to (for me) a realization:

The purpose of life is more life. That's it.

We can dress it up and delude ourselves that there is some greater meaning, but that just makes us feel good. The purpose of life is more life. Period.

All of us, males and females, have a biological imperative, and that is to propagate our gene pool. Males theoretically can produce an almost unlimited number of genetic offspring, while females are limited by their own biology. Most, but not all, females have an instinct that drives them to 'love' whatever they carried for nine months and whatever wreaked havoc on their bodies. It is such an arduous task---childbirth---that females are driven to protect and nurture that which comes out of them. It's pure instinct, but as a society we dress it up, sugar coat it, and 'see' something grand and wondrous in 'madonna and child'. We bestow some moral grandeur on something that is just hardwired into a females genes, for the most part totally out of her control. Because her ability to propagate her gene pool is rather finite, she is particularly careful trying to provide safety, aid and nurturing to her spawn, lest her gene pool go extinct.

When I was a kid I watched women so 'in love' with a little bag of bones whose sole skills at that point were crying, throwing up, and dropping a load in its diapers. If it pushed itself up on its hands, it was headline worthy. If hubby, sitting in the barcalounger watching football, just cried, threw up, and messed his boxers, it is doubtful his wife would be as proud and amused and smitten as she is with the infant who does only those things.  Instinct. Nothing more.

The exact same drive, in a male, has him wanting to spread his gene pool as widely and regularly as possible. Since he can never be sure an offspring is his (at least he couldn't before DNA testing), he is driven to deposit his seed in as many places as possible. What we worship in females---madonna and child---we scorn the exact same drive in a male and call him a monger or butterfly or cad or cassanova. In point of fact, he is merely doing what he is hardwired to do.

Here's an interesting morality play.....years ago some poll was taken. Both males and females were asked this question:

"Your house is on fire. You are outside. You can run in but can only save one person, your child or your spouse. Whom do you save?"

The answers came in almost exactly at 85% to 15%, but the choices varied between the sexes. 85% of females chose 'child', while 85% of males chose 'spouse'.

Instinct. Q.E.D.

In polite society, however, we impose something called morality over the instinct and admonish the man who just lives his biological imperative. Maybe that helps society function more civilly, but since somewhere between 40-50% of men stray, instinct still drives a lot of behavior. Even those who don't stray are often like former US President Carter, who admitted to 'having lust in his mind'. Instinct can only be overcome in small ways, never completely. Show me a man who claims he never thought in a prurient manner about another women, and I'll show you a liar.

Obviously not many will agree with my view. Opinions, however, cannot change what reality is. Occam's Razor is useful in explaining most of human behavior, as virtually everything is, in one way or another, geared toward the biological imperative. Ambition?  A successful person can lure more partners. Lots of gym work to produce that cut, buffed body?  Same.  Clothes to look good?  Easy, same. Shave, get a nice haircut, put on make-up (females, usually)....it's all aimed toward the same goal, which is propagating one's gene pool, the sole purpose of life.

I'm not arguing everyone should just go chase whatever assignation they want, just that underlying the behavior is an instinct, virtually the most powerful of all instincts. It can be overcome, of course, so philandering isn't inevitable. If being faithful makes someone feel good about themselves, then faithful is the right path for them. It probably is better for civil society to be faithful, but that will never be universal.

Edited by Walker88
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Walker88 said:

All of us, males and females, have a biological imperative, and that is to propagate our gene pool. Males theoretically can produce an almost unlimited number of genetic offspring, while females are limited by their own biology. Most, but not all, females have an instinct that drives them to 'love' whatever they carried for nine months and whatever wreaked havoc on their bodies. It is such an arduous task---childbirth---that females are driven to protect and nurture that which comes out of them. It's pure instinct, but as a society we dress it up, sugar coat it, and 'see' something grand and wondrous in 'madonna and child'. We bestow some moral grandeur on something that is just hardwired into a females genes, for the most part totally out of her control. Because her ability to propagate her gene pool is rather finite, she is particularly careful trying to provide safety, aid and nurturing to her spawn, lest her gene pool go extinct.

You don't know it all. My previous vasectomy made me incapable of fertilizing a woman, and I got married AFTER. She knew there would be no children, so your argument is null and void. She was just a scammer with a long con.

4 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

While I have no absolute answer for everyone, I remember a thousand years ago, when I had tossed out any and all superstitions, and took Occam's Razor to existence, that I came to (for me) a realization:

We can dress it up and delude ourselves that there is some greater meaning, but that just makes us feel good. The purpose of life is more life. Period.

When I was a kid I watched women so 'in love' with a little bag of bones whose sole skills at that point were crying, throwing up, and dropping a load in its diapers. If it pushed itself up on its hands, it was headline worthy. If hubby, sitting in the barcalounger watching football, just cried, threw up, and messed his boxers, it is doubtful his wife would be as proud and amused and smitten as she is with the infant who does only those things.  Instinct. Nothing more.

The exact same drive, in a male, has him wanting to spread his gene pool as widely and regularly as possible. Since he can never be sure an offspring is his (at least he couldn't before DNA testing), he is driven to deposit his seed in as many places as possible. What we worship in females---madonna and child---we scorn the exact same drive in a male and call him a monger or butterfly or cad or cassanova. In point of fact, he is merely doing what he is hardwired to do.

In polite society, however, we impose something called morality over the instinct and admonish the man who just lives his biological imperative. Maybe that helps society function more civilly, but since somewhere between 40-50% of men stray, instinct still drives a lot of behavior. Even those who don't stray are often like former US President Carter, who admitted to 'having lust in his mind'. Instinct can only be overcome in small ways, never completely. Show me a man who claims he never thought in a prurient manner about another women, and I'll show you a liar.

Obviously not many will agree with my view. Opinions, however, cannot change what reality is. Occam's Razor is useful in explaining most of human behavior, as virtually everything is, in one way or another, geared toward the biological imperative. Ambition?  A successful person can lure more partners. Lots of gym work to produce that cut, buffed body?  Same.  Clothes to look good?  Easy, same. Shave, get a nice haircut, put on make-up (females, usually)....it's all aimed toward the same goal, which is propagating one's gene pool, the sole purpose of life.

I'm not arguing everyone should just go chase whatever assignation they want, just that underlying the behavior is an instinct, virtually the most powerful of all instincts. It can be overcome, of course, so philandering isn't inevitable. If being faithful makes someone feel good about themselves, then faithful is the right path for them. It probably is better for civil society to be faithful, but that will never be universal.

Excellently written mate,

Well done!

My instincts go into over drive about 4/5 days without a jump.

I just give into them, no point fighting it as I will go mad.

5 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

Here's an interesting morality play.....years ago some poll was taken. Both males and females were asked this question:

"Your house is on fire. You are outside. You can run in but can only save one person, your child or your spouse. Whom do you save?"

The answers came in almost exactly at 85% to 15%, but the choices varied between the sexes. 85% of females chose 'child', while 85% of males chose 'spouse'.

Instinct. Q.E.D.

Oi! You over there in the corner rambling. This is the pub! Where men are men and women are double-breasted! Short-attention span theater at it's best.

• Like 1