Thaivisa's website is deteriorating by the day

sitanonchai

4 minutes ago, NE1 said:

Using your link and my link without a VPN gets this.91976009_Screenshot2021-01-26at10_51_04.thumb.png.a2225c716c622d59e1ba98ad1aa92c3e.png

Can you send a PM to @CharlieH one of the mods?  If not then I will link him to this.  Those were the issues I had 2 weeks ago and they cleared up.  I think there is a lot of work going on behind the scenes to update the entire TV experience.

2 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Can you send a PM to @CharlieH one of the mods?  If not then I will link him to this.  Those were the issues I had 2 weeks ago and they cleared up.  I think there is a lot of work going on behind the scenes to update the entire TV experience.

You can link him

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

As far as I am concerned, these guys do a great job. Considering the amount of traffic this site gets, it is remarkable how infrequently the site is down, and how few issues I encounter. Let us give some props where they are due! 

I will beg to differ. It's not that the site is down. The problem is that the site's main page is blank, showing no new content, only some 3 year old stuff. This has been reported several times on his very forum. It does not look to me as "these guys do a great job".

And, the subscription to the newsletter is broken as well.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Your problems are not duplicated in my view.  No issues here, and the newsletter arrives in my e-mail twice daily.

It seems different people are affected differently. I asked a few friends both in and outside of Thailand to check, and they reported a blank page as well.

I don't have a subscription to the newsletter. I was trying to subscribe, but that process doesn't work.

This is how the page looks like, just so we're talking about the same thing.

image.png.273ad0c2f6c1f5a1dfa04b197cd14e48.png

1 hour ago, SpaceKadet said:

It seems different people are affected differently. I asked a few friends both in and outside of Thailand to check, and they reported a blank page as well.

I don't have a subscription to the newsletter. I was trying to subscribe, but that process doesn't work.

This is how the page looks like, just so we're talking about the same thing.

image.png.273ad0c2f6c1f5a1dfa04b197cd14e48.png

This is what I've got logging on from London for the last 5 days.

I've used different machines and browsers with the same result.

You can get around it, but you no longer see the dashboard main page.

And on and on it continues. A 522 error all day. Can only get here using a VPN that bypasses the server Thaivisa is using.

Have been coming here for over 15 years and this is the worst and longest duration for any outage.

Get someone in that knows what they are doing.

2 hours ago, SpaceKadet said:

I will beg to differ. It's not that the site is down. The problem is that the site's main page is blank, showing no new content, only some 3 year old stuff. This has been reported several times on his very forum. It does not look to me as "these guys do a great job".

And, the subscription to the newsletter is broken as well.

Try refreshing your cookies. BTW There are other Thai/Foreign forums.

• Confused 1

43 minutes ago, Nout said:

Try refreshing your cookies. BTW There are other Thai/Foreign forums.

Refreshing cookies doesn't help, as the blank page is there even if you access the site for the first time ever.

I live in Thailand and I've been a TVF member for 16 years. Why should I go looking for other Thai/Foreign forums?

• Like 2

This is something new. The French version of the website works. Pity I don't read French....

image.png.c0cffae4c656f9e28860aef38f34c936.png

And just like that mysterious classifieds.thaivisa.com that disappeared, nobody knows to where, but the link is still there together with the 3 year old content.

16 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

What's FOC about?

Free of Charge?  Just a guess as I also have never seen.  But in my experience most forums are free and and I have been here from its birth (although held off joining a few months because of the spamming done on USNET - which was the major discussion forum for Thailand 20 years ago - but sorely lacked moderators).

Edited by lopburi3
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Free of Charge?  Just a guess as I also have never seen.  But in my experience most forums are free and and I have been here from its birth (although held off joining a few months because of the spamming done on USNET - which was the major discussion forum for Thailand 20 years ago).

You must be one of original team Lopburi. 

OK! You have informed me about FOC, now what's USNET?

Edited by owl sees all

4 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

Mods are well aware of the problem.  I also sent a screen shot today about this.

Are you able to get onto the site ?

I have just tried without a VPN and I get the 552 Host Error still.

• Sad 1

Perhaps partly due to TOT in that case - True has very good connectivity to Singapore and believe that is where main servers are.  But a week or so ago was also having issues (when only Oz connections seemed to work) but has been good for last week.

My Speedtest.net (using WiFi on computer to not full speed) just now:

Singtel.

207ms ping 20 down/40 up no VPN

037ms ping 43 down/38 up using VPN

On 1/24/2021 at 1:45 AM, transam said:

How much do you pay to use the site..?

Try sorting your software out to see what happens.......????

We're not the customers.  We're the product.

And the product is always right.  Or something like that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1