Norwegian on way to see Thai girlfriend arrested after faking his Certificate of Entry

webfact

1 hour ago, jphripjah said:

What online file?  If I want to fly from Thailand to Cambodia on Air Asia, what will the airline and Cambodian immigration check other than my grubby piece of paper saying I was vaccinated?

When you fly into any country the immigration have a computer in front of them, everything is there. It's all connected with the airlines. Flight manifests and info on passengers is entered into online files. 

3 minutes ago, TSF said:

When you fly into any country the immigration have a computer in front of them, everything is there. It's all connected with the airlines. Flight manifests and info on passengers is entered into online files. 

OK, but the airline will just know I handed them a grubby piece of paper saying I'm vaccinated right?  There's not going to be a worldwide online database recording information on every vaccinated person, is there?

I've had to show my yellow fever vaccination proof to lots of African immigration officials, they go by yellow vaccination card I hand them, there's no database to check.

1 minute ago, jphripjah said:

OK, but the airline will just know I handed them a grubby piece of paper saying I'm vaccinated right?  There's not going to be a worldwide online database recording information on every vaccinated person, is there?

I've had to show my yellow fever vaccination proof to lots of African immigration officials, they go by yellow vaccination card I hand them, there's no database to check.

Depending where you get vaccinated there should be a doctors or hospital record. So if someone wants to check they would call the and confirm.

Just now, Don Chance said:

Depending where you get vaccinated there should be a doctors or hospital record. So if someone wants to check they would call the and confirm.

I was under the illusion that doctors and hospitals generally don't disseminate information about their patients or upload their medical files to databases for government officials to gawk at.

I can assure all of you.. That payment and brown envelopes would have secured this man's entry into Thailand...
It is a shame that he has been paraded as a king without clothes.
What is disappointing is the 1000 cases per day in Thailand, that they think is controllable !!!
3000 cases per day are soon coming due to the inept decisions of an administration that is also inept to make decent decisions.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3

4 minutes ago, jphripjah said:

Well maybe the grubby piece of paper will be ok in Africa but flying into most countries your covid vax details will be entered into the airline computers. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

that would help but as passports are also faked it's far from perfect. As long as there are those who believe their personal satisfaction is far more important than anyone else this will be a continuing problem world wide - it's the main reason so many have died..

It is hard to fake passports these days because most are linked to a digital profile. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, allane said:

I have a good laugh anytime I see the TAT, or anyone else, talking about "vaccine passports". How would this ever be made to work ?  Everyone and his dog would be creating and printing their own "vaccine passport" on their home computer. Immigration officials would have no way of knowing if it was authentic.

Many companies including the IATA are working on a digital passport. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

at least he is dressed nicely. 

Dressed nicely ,  in the uniform of conformity . 

Who ever would have thought ,  just another chancer ..

48 minutes ago, shackleton said:

The only way to make it even vaguely foolproof is to have the vaccine passport linked directly to peoples own passport, ie a government official addition, rather than merely a document which can be faked .

So when I get my paper vaccination certificate fake or otherwise; I'll take it to my Embassy to have it inserted into my passport officially...... because I'm pretty sure they're not accepting any responsibility for seeing their sovreign citizens vaccinated here.

9 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I wonder how many people have actually got through with Fake Documents ?

I wonder if there is a digital link at the Airport. 

The question was posed way back in July on a CoE / ASQ thread where someone suggested faking the documents. The obvious answer to that is that consequences for getting caught out are too severe, i.e. Black list from Thailand, its just not worth the risk. 

And with that comes the answer to many of Thailands legal woes - ‘its not worth the risk’... should be the the response when drink driving etc... (I know I’ve digressed).

What dumfounds me is that anyone can now enter Thailand, visa exempt etc - so there was no need to fake the CoE in the first place. Or did the ’Norwegian’ think with faked documents he could ‘escape’ the 2 week quarantine, and thus thought it could save some money on the ASQ ???

------

I have a CoE from a previous entry and did wonder if its fit for further entries. Of course, I won’t risk that and simply apply for a second CoE when I return again. I think the CoE process has bene streamlined and is relatively pain-free now.

I have not read all the replies. However, is it possible the guy had a criminal record in Norway. As you have mentioned, why not just apply the normal way. Any checks on him by the Thai consulate in Norway when applying may well have flagged up. Euther way, looks like he will never be re-entering Thailand 'legally' again. 

Can we blame him? 

He's probably freezing his butt off this time of year in Norway, and he's in need of some female companionship.  

Im sure the Immigration Department has been ramped up for these contingencies with anticipating the fallout of all the schemes and scams .the other ministries have attempted to initiate and unleash on us, for the sake of the all mighty baht!

Go Immigration! Get the perpetrators and leave the tax paying residents alone! 

2 hours ago, shackleton said:

Can't believe this guy tried using a fake Covi  document 

He had already done most of the hard work arranging the flight visa Hotel  ect 

Could be a long  time before he returns to Thailand 

COE. certificate of entry issued by a Thai Embassy after providing online passport /visa/health ins/round trip tix /asq booking etc.  

9 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

How tight and well managed exactly?

All the staff are doing is checking a paper document.

I too returned on an Embassy arranged repatriation flight (in July), but now the CoE is issued with just a booking. 

Thus, I am speculating whether or not a more authentic looking fake would be picked up at all. 

Perhaps, as you mention, the Embassy forwards all CoE’s registered to a specific flight so that the arrivals team can check the passenger off the list (as you say ‘whitelist only affair’).

Theres alot more than just a booking involved  to get the COE now .  Im on day 4 in asq.   The paperwork was massive.  

7 hours ago, jphripjah said:

Perhaps the immigration officers have a list of which passports have been issued certificates of entry. Such that even if your fake papers fooled the airport staff you'd be caught out by the immigration computer.

Everything is on digital record. That stamp /visa/ extension  in a passport means nothing.  Everything is on that screen they see.  

10 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

How tight and well managed exactly?

All the staff are doing is checking a paper document.

I too returned on an Embassy arranged repatriation flight (in July), but now the CoE is issued with just a booking. 

Thus, I am speculating whether or not a more authentic looking fake would be picked up at all. 

Perhaps, as you mention, the Embassy forwards all CoE’s registered to a specific flight so that the arrivals team can check the passenger off the list (as you say ‘whitelist only affair’).

I can’t say what the situation is now but when I came through in November the young ladies checking the paperwork had a list of name and passport number for each person that was issued a COE by a consulate or embassy.  So if you were not on the list you were not getting in ... which is not to say some may have had legitimate COE’s but somehow did not get on the list.

9 hours ago, anfh said:

The only way to make it even vaguely foolproof is to have the vaccine passport linked directly to peoples own passport, ie a government official addition, rather than merely a document which can be faked .

The one we have here in Saudi is tight as a button. Your residency card (Iqama) is what gets you the vaccine and everything from your passport, driving licence, visa's etc are all on the government database linked to your Iqama. There is a section in the app for booking your vaccine and a section showing exactly what vaccine you had and on what days. You can also download a pdf copy. I suppose the pdf copy could be manipulated but it is easily checked against the government system. 

13 hours ago, sghanchey said:

This is what people in the U.S. are getting from the Center for Disease Control (CDC). In Thailand it would have to have at least three rubber stamps in order to look halfway official. 

Covid-19 Vaccination Record Card (2).jpg

Looks like a pet vaccine card from a vet. ????

• Like 1