Heathrow to Dubai Cancelled?

daveyhkt1

So apparently flights from Heathrow from Dubai MIGHT be cancelled after a call to Emirates this evening (Dubai to Heathrow already cancelled from tomorrow)....there will be an update tomorrow on this.

If this is the case has completely screwed our booking....covid tests will need to be re-arranged (if they allow it), ASQ hotel dates changed (hopefully without penalty), and the COE resubmitted (complete pain in the a**!)

I would personally recommend anyone at this point to use Thai Airways if travelling from the UK ????????????????

I thought they were stopping all outward travel from the UK,  unless there was an essential travel reason they will accept at the Airport. Havn't seen what an acceptable reason consists of but "holiday" is not going to be apparently.????????.

If the flights can't break even with cargo, I would think many shall be cancelled...

If they followed the Australian model which they could have done from day one! There are exceptions for long term leavers eg deeds to home ownership Thailand or a current lease or a deptaure of more than 3 months. What most don't know is anyone spending more time in the last 12 months abroad than in their own country can simply go to the airport and leave, no documentation needed. 

• Like 1

Just now, UKresonant said:

I thought they were stopping all outward travel from the UK,  unless there was an essential travel reason they will accept at the Airport. Havn't seen what an acceptable reason consists of but "holiday" is not going to be apparently.????????.

If the flights can't break even with cargo, I would think many shall be cancelled...

I dont think all outbound travel is affected from my understanding, but the issue is more that Heathrow to Dubai flights might be cancelled.

I think it will be ok with Thai Airways as Thai partners visitor visa due to expire and with child ( I believe childcare is ok)...also with business visa.

But will be a huge headache if they do cancel these flights! ☹️

19 hours ago, BLACKJACK2 said:

Am booked with Qatar from Manchester, phoned them up yesterday and they said no plans to cancel flights, have looked on flightradar today and flight has gone so hopefully will be the same in 2 weeks ????.

Probably because Qatar is not part of the UAE and not covered by the latest UK flight ban. Hope it stays that way for you.

• Thanks 1

On 1/29/2021 at 6:07 AM, madmen said:

If they followed the Australian model which they could have done from day one! There are exceptions for long term leavers eg deeds to home ownership Thailand or a current lease or a deptaure of more than 3 months. What most don't know is anyone spending more time in the last 12 months abroad than in their own country can simply go to the airport and leave, no documentation needed. 

If the UK an island was in total shut down nothing in nothing out how would the masses be fed with most food stuffs coming from overseas?

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Darkside Gray said:

If the UK an island was in total shut down nothing in nothing out how would the masses be fed with most food stuffs coming from overseas?

Pizza, kebabs, pork pies, guineas. What else you need?