Government arranges to vaccinate 70% of Thais by end of 2022

snoop1130

11 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Thailand is planning on producing the vaccines locally. 

While I am supportive of the vaccines. Once of my concerns was that countries that previously didn’t make vaccines would start producing them to recipe. The concern is that some of the key constituents be replaced or cheaper options used.

Thats just my paranoia thinking....  but I’m far more trusting of a vaccine imported from the the EU than one made at a facility with little experience in vaccine production rushing through mass vaccine production. 

Don't worry, they can order from Lazada and only B29, 7-10 days delivered to your door

• Haha 1

How about requiring each of those 10 million tourists, said to chomping at the bit to come here, bring along 5-10 vaccine doses as part of visa fee? Problem solved! (kidding, for those who haven't had their coffee yet)

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, foreverlomsak said:

So my Thai wife and our 2 children are to be vaccinated, and I'm to be left at risk for an indefinite period, even if I was to pay for it, the odds are it would be a different vaccine and thereby run the risk of being non-compatible with what my family has been vaccinated with, as far as I know nobody has carried out cross-vaccine analysis.

"being non-compatible with what my family has been vaccinated with"

I don't understand what the problem is here.  I haven't heard about this.

12 hours ago, DLock said:

Something doesn't add up.

According to previous article,  "Siam Bioscience has a production capacity of 180 million to 200 million doses per year or 15 million doses per month."

Assuming they meet plans of production by June, they could vaccinate the entire population by end of 2021.

What am I missing?

Siam Bioscience is producing under a license from AZ.

IIRC part of that agreement is a ‘fair’ distribution of vaccines to neighboring countries.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, realfunster said:

Siam Bioscience is producing under a license from AZ.

IIRC part of that agreement is a ‘fair’ distribution of vaccines to neighboring countries.

Correct, it was always planned that the bulk of the vaccine produced in Thailand would be exported.

The problem with vaccines is the whole world wants them.  They never ordered them.  But then most countries didn't.

It's not just a thailand problem.  IT's rather unfortunate.  In all likelihood tourism won't resume until things get back to normal and that may require immunity one way or another.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

End of 2022! Its seems they've resigned themselves to the fact that they just don't care, better to save some cash than buy other vaccines. In the meantime Thailand's economy crashes further.

they doont care....  onlythink bou thei own pocket... but hey.. western govs are the same just brainwash us better... beleiving he tellyman.......   thais are smarter than that...and us we are the sheep...

The virus is mutating rapidly and some of the jabs out now don't work with them.  They either need to be redone or you'll need a booster.

Best one right now seems to be the J&J.  It's new, so tested with some of the new variants.  One jab.  Normal refrigerator temps for storage.

We won't get through this until 70% or more of the GLOBAL population is jabbed.  That's a few years out.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

to vaccinate 70% of Thais against COVID-19 by the end of 2022

Blimey, at the rate these viral nasties seem to be appearing over the last 20 years, we'll already be on to the next one by then and Covid will be a distant memory!

8 hours ago, Soikhaonoiken said:

2 Years to vaccinate 70% of Thai citizens, bloody disgusting, that's just go's to show what this Government thinks about its people, ????

Other Countries are raceing to vaccinate there citizens. 

It has been reported that, at the current rate of progress, it will be 2024 before the EU will have reached that 70% vaccination rate. Due to delayed ordering / vaccine certifications.

I hope that's just a typo and they mean by the end of 2021.

They've done quite well so far, but if it really takes that long to get 70% of the population vaccinated, there's a real danger that Thailand will ultimately fall behind despite the great start.

• Confused 1

As predicted in spite of the MOU signed by all large pharma outfits supply of the vaccine has turned into a "dog eat dog' situation. Shameful & an endightment on the human race which has proved again that money triumphs ahead of human wellbeing

llbeing

7 hours ago, Rig Pig said:

I too am wondering whatever happened to this great deal between AstraZeneca and Siam Bioscience? It was signed in late November and they were going to produce 200 Million doses of vaccine. Thailand was to become a regional hub for supply of vaccine to Southeast Asia?!? And now we can't get enough to vaccinate the Thai people?

There does seem to be some kind of mystery over this AZ / SB deal IMO.

The SB Plant is not yet built or Equipped for Manufacture of a Vaccine, and SB have no previously experience in manufacturing ANY vaccine. ( BBC )

Why AZ signed up to some kind of partnership on this basis is beyond my comprehension. Its not the kind of Business deal that I would expect from any Business in the West

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cake Monster said:

There does seem to be some kind of mystery over this AZ / SB deal IMO.

The SB Plant is not yet built or Equipped for Manufacture of a Vaccine, and SB have no previously experience in manufacturing ANY vaccine. ( BBC )

Why AZ signed up to some kind of partnership on this basis is beyond my comprehension. Its not the kind of Business deal that I would expect from any Business in the West

you want it?  perhaps ur balls shrink?  or worse... who knows?

18 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

He said the government is following the COVID-19 vaccine plan, adding that Thailand has the capability to produce the vaccines locally and does not have to worry about competing over vaccines with other countries.

Not strictly correct.

Thailand does not have the capacity to manufacture Vaccines yet.

The Siam BioScence , who in partnership with AZ, has not yet been built a facility, or Equipped it to produce Vaccine, and it is unlikely to be up and running before at least June.

There is also the small issue of procuring Staff to make the Vaccine, as Siam BioScience have never actually made any Vaccines before.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, foreverlomsak said:

So my Thai wife and our 2 children are to be vaccinated, and I'm to be left at risk for an indefinite period, even if I was to pay for it, the odds are it would be a different vaccine and thereby run the risk of being non-compatible with what my family has been vaccinated with, as far as I know nobody has carried out cross-vaccine analysis.

I'm not a virologist but if the goal is to produce antibodies in the blood how they get there serms logically irrelevant. 

The vaccine doesn't kill the virus.

I have it on the authority of a world-renounced medical expert that bleach can be used for that when properly administered to the patient. 

(Just kidding. I couldn't resist.) ????

Lately, there have been too many conflicting news. Either media is not double checking their sources and just rush to be the first to publish the news or whoever in governments talking to media is just expressing his opinions and ideas without having prior discussions with appropriate departments.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, sitti said:

Lately, there have been too many conflicting news. Either media is not double checking their sources and just rush to be the first to publish the news or whoever in governments talking to media is just expressing his opinions and ideas without having prior discussions with appropriate departments.

Oh I see, 

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/politics/2053571/pm-vows-action-against-false-stories-on-vaccine-plan

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, RocketDog said:

I have it on the authority of a world-renounced medical expert that bleach can be used for that when properly administered to the patient. 

must have been that world renounced medical expert the ex-............ of America

it guarantees future immunity from all diseases 

On 1/29/2021 at 12:27 PM, ThailandRyan said:

With what vaccines?

Thailand is a main production centre for the Astra Zenneker vaccine. It was developed in Oxford and is produced in Thailand and some EU countries

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RobU said:

Thailand is a main production centre for the Astra Zenneker vaccine. It was developed in Oxford and is produced in Thailand and some EU countries

Can you tell me how many vaccines that Thailand has already produced under the AstraZenica brand here in the country.  I would like to understand why if as you say they are a main production center, then why are they not using the produced vaccine to inoculate the population, and why order millions of doses from outside of the country.  

Yes this post is dripping with rebuttal sarcasm

• Like 1