Rain at long last

stament

Wonder if asking China to ease up on the weather modification programs would help any?

But the proposed increase in scale may affect weather patterns in the region. Part of the weather modification efforts focus on the Tibetan Plateau, the largest freshwater reserve in Asia, sometimes referred to as the Third Pole given its ice fields. The Tianhe Project (“sky river”) would divert water vapour above the Yangtze River basin northward to the Yellow River basin, where it would fall as precipitation. Although the project could alleviate water shortages in China’s dry north, it could also cause problems in India and south-east Asia if the water flow of the Mekong, Salween or Brahmaputra rivers – with headwaters in the Tibetan Plateau – is affected.

https://smartwatermagazine.com/news/smart-water-magazine/china-will-expand-weather-modification-practices

46ba1196-3abc-11eb-9b80-f4f1a4017c77_ima

5 hours ago, techietraveller84 said:

Wonder if asking China to ease up on the weather modification programs would help any?

https://smartwatermagazine.com/news/smart-water-magazine/china-will-expand-weather-modification-practices

46ba1196-3abc-11eb-9b80-f4f1a4017c77_ima

Some Middle East countries are very big on cloud seeding, but they don't think about the knock-on impact elsewhere....

58 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

probably why the power went off

Sometimes in long periods of dry dusty polluted conditions the dust/pollution settles on the insulators (especially high voltage lines) then a light rain or even thick mist will settle on but not wash the dust off, instead shorting out and causing blackouts.

Thus generally a decent downpour after a long dry period is appreciated by more than just people, except of course those re-roofing their houses.

8 minutes ago, millymoopoo said:

Sometimes in long periods of dry dusty polluted conditions the dust/pollution settles on the insulators (especially high voltage lines) then a light rain or even thick mist will settle on but not wash the dust off, instead shorting out and causing blackouts.

Thus generally a decent downpour after a long dry period is appreciated by more than just people, except of course those re-roofing their houses.

It is called a sarcastic or wise a...comment that I posted.  Sorry if it was taken as gospel.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, rumak said:

i believe those few drops we just got are called   "acid rain" .

I believe that adjective can be applied to some posts on TV.

MrBrad, the God of Roofing has decided to make an example of you.

Just bucketed down for half an hour near Chiang Rai about an hour ago. A few drops it was not.

It's raining now at my place. It's not supposed to rain at all during winter or dry season.

My lawn is safe from dying of lack of water.......Yeah!

The weather forecast is that there will be rain tomorrow too.

Edited by EricTh

I got absolutely drenched coming home from work last night around 1815, never been so soaked from rain.  I was on my bike with no waterproofs and got stuck at a large intersection when the heaviest rain decided to fall ;-(   Still good to have some rain.