PM assures the COVID-19 outbreak in Thailand is at “acceptable levels”

rooster59

Main problem with tests everywhere is that WHO finally informing that circles of the test should be lowered to avoid false result but it is ignored in many countries.

Another problem is that nobody knows where tests are produced means which company is preferred by WHO .

Personally I have this problem now when perfectly healthy I was diagnosed with positive result...just because I was tested using test from "Liferiver" company.

The is WHO recommend tests and second generation plus much cheaper where tested again I have negative result on covid....

That's all I can see governments prefer to keep up with expensive tests to gain income and build convenient statistics .

strange considering the huge spike in infections, don't really buy that its because of more testing because they have only done a little over a million tests since this all began. i suspect simply money thats driving this statement and decision. Still in the scheme of things Thailand has very few cases compared to some,, at least for now but that can change very quickly. Guess we will see.

1 minute ago, BobinBKK said:
19 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

What's he in a glass box for ..

I think it's bulletproof glass...

A good idea.

The journalists can then feel safe he can't shoot them, given the way he's belittled them in the past for asking awkward questions that highlight his shortcomings.

19 hours ago, Oldie said:

"Prayut said the quantity of new cases being discovered each day seems high because the country is conducting mass screening,"

This needs to be stopped so that we can get from acceptable levels to good ones again. 

This was Donald Trump's mentality.......just saying.

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

He should be thankful the pandemic has saved his sorry A thus far the ensuing vaccine fiasco will finish him is my prediction ????

The only thing that will finish the unelected "PM" is another general who will have the same low military academy education capability as what he has. Nowhere near enough to run a country.

• Like 1

On 30/01/2021 at 5:35 PM, Bruce Aussie Chiang Mai said:

I feel assured now that we are assured.

????????????????????????

He said the numbers only seem high because we're testing lots of people and bringing them in, we have field hospitals, forgive me if I am wrong but is that what you should have done and should be doing. I can not believe he said that, it's an admission of wrong doing. 

I don't believe for one moment that this is under control, if the testing is ramped up and done properly and true figures released there might be a different picture. 

The first thing he should do is ban imported slaves, and arrest the people that exploit them, as very soon other big businesses are going to take a huge hit, all due to Captain Fishmonger and the Labour smugglers, who were helped by the bankrupt police and corrupt govt officials. 

• Like 1