Wrapped in Brexit red tape, a UK freight firm struggles to trade

snoop1130

4 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Don’t you think it was Wellesley defeating Napoleon who gave all the happy British fish their blue passports back? I haven’t checked the role of Julius Caesar in all that though. 

As far as I'm aware fish are still governed by the freedom of the right to roam act and thus don't need any passport, but to be on the safe side we intend to tag them all so we know which ones are ours.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

More nonsense accusations of ‘anti-British stance’.

Holding and expressing negative views of Brexit and observing the negative outcomes of Brexit is not in any sense ‘Anti-British’.

Particularly so given my comments on Brexit are consistent with my firm belief Brexit is an act of self harm, damaging to the UK, UK business and to the opportunities and future of the people of the UK.

The OP provides an example of such Brexit generated harm.

Perhaps you need to come to terms with the reported problems Brexit is causing and stop blaming the news bringers or in this particular case, stop making baseless accusation against people who disagree with your own point of view.

Away with you and your baseless accusations of ‘Anti-Britsh’.

Perhaps you don't read your posts after you've written them, I have read them for many-a-year, but you are not alone regarding my thinking......????

Once again I must remind you, the UK is no longer in the EU, we move on, but you want to linger on negative stuff, very tiresome, but, good fun I suppose, even my history stuff eh....???? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

32 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

That’s the case in the EU, which is why we have that fishing policy. Since Brexit, there are now European fish and British fish, and the British fish are the happy ones because they get vaccinated earlier and enjoy a lot more sovereignty. 

I can understand why EU fish are so meloncholic, imagine going through life and not knowing if you were going to end up on Ursula v d Leyens dinner plate with her 'lights on but no one home' ghastly expression looking down at you.

Anyway enough of this tittle tattle, this is not getting Percy Pig being allowed access into NI is it.

Edited by vogie
  • Like 1

On 2/2/2021 at 3:26 AM, bannork said:

The article then goes on to describe the impact of EU red tape.

The EU red tape was always there. It didn't just appear for Brexit. Other non EU companies were already dealing with it no problem.

UK companies had years to get ready, they just didn't bother to. Now they're whingeing like babies. 

Remember the 7 P's of logistics

Prior Preparation and Planning Prevents P*ss Poor Performance.

Plan for the worst, and hope for the best.

I moved everything to Germany 2 years ago as I knew what a pigs ear the UK government would make of it.

Trading to and from the UK post Brexit would just introduce to much expensive overhead no matter the outcome.

Edited by Muzzique
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

Not unless he has his vet's certificate with him that's for sure.

At the moment, but as we all know things can change and with the EU invoking art 16 it is not a case of 'if' but 'when' we do the same.

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Since when did I deny the UK has left the EU?

Here’s a clue, I didn’t.

Neither did I write the OP which reports a negative impact of Brexit, one which I and many others warned of.

Brexit is an unmitigated mess, and I have no intention in joining you in your attempts to avoid that truth.

If you have a mess, what do you do, leave it or clear it up....?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I use my foresight to avoid making a mess in the first place.

Let’s be very clear, ‘Remainers repeatedly warned  of this particular Brexit mess, you’ll find it filed under ‘Project Fear’.

As for what to do, let’s leave that to the people who created the mess, I hear begging for ‘grace’ is the latest idea, I have no doubt at all there will be more such humiliations.

1. Easily said, but you are not negotiating the UK vote to leave the EU.

2. Remainers continuously bleat because they lost the vote and so must spout.... "I told you so"..

3. Yes, let the negotiators negotiate, get the job done. Many of the UK hurdles in the past took time.

4. It's a lovely day today...:thumbsup:

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, n00dle said:

Ironically a large portion  of the aging demographic that rallied to the polls to make this happen will be dead and never need through the effects. 

Dead or living in a poor country like Thailand, Cambodia etc. because their pensions are so meager. They'll still say 'stop slagging our country off' if you dare to mention the catastrophic Brexit affair whilst huddling down in their third world hovel.

If it's so great, why don't they live there anymore?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, vogie said:

Just because you say it's a mess doesn't necessary make it so, the reason we chose to leave was not to be economically better off, it was to get out of the federalism that beginning to choke europe. We were very happy trading with you, even though it was costing us an arm and a leg thanks to being benevolant to other countries. 

You seem to get a certain amount of joy with your "I have no doubt at all there will be more such humiliations." remarks, etc etc, but on this you do not stand alone, we have had to suffer over 4 years of the snide remarks from some Euros suggesting that all the British are nationalists and so on, now that is meant as a flame against us and nothing more.

Again you can call Brexit whatever you like but in the end it was the greatest test of democracy that any country could have wished for, and for anybody to question another countries democracy is without doubt the most disingenuous and disgracefull act anyone can inflict on another persons country. 

But it might be a good time for some people to grow up and to start being respectfull to other human beings on here instead of all this constant baiting. If some posters dislike the British so much it might be a good idea for those posters to keep those feelings to themselves.

really, I just see complain after complain from the Brexiteers, before as members they had it easy or maybe not easy enough as they decided to leave, Now they have the best deal  with all the goodies they expected and yet keep complaining, UK left the EU and yet the ones that voted for Brexit now are complaining about the inconveniences that came with it, I guess they expected to leave and yet have the same advantages as they had when they were members, just in case you guys didn't know, You Can't Have It Both Ways.... It is what it Is learn how to deal with it

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-55887043

Brexit: 71 pages of paperwork for 1 lorry of fish

https://flipboard.com/topic/europe/brexit-71-pages-of-paperwork-for-1-lorry-of-fish/f-be4928145b%2Fbbc.com

Brexit: 71 pages of paperwork for 1 lorry of fish