New Passport - transfer stamps - time frame.

53 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

De facto is probably what is commonly used when translating the immigration order from Thai.

It is what it has been translated to in the past 3 orders going back to 2006 I have seen.

Yes, they probably don't understand the strict meaning of the word.

18 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I visited the immigration office here and having received such excellent service, I’ve decided to move my formally registered address to my second home and dispense with the annual aggravation I was putting up with at the Immigration office local to my other residence.

So you were able to do the stamps transfer in another province than the one you got your visa/extension of stay?

I am in the same situation. I received my new passport last friday in Chiang Mai and moved to Phuket monday. I will go monday to Phuket immigration office to try to transfer my stamps there. But if there require that I go to Chiang Mai for that, it will be a very expensive, long and useless trip. 

2 hours ago, Mormolin said:

So you were able to do the stamps transfer in another province than the one you got your visa/extension of stay?

I am in the same situation. I received my new passport last friday in Chiang Mai and moved to Phuket monday. I will go monday to Phuket immigration office to try to transfer my stamps there. But if there require that I go to Chiang Mai for that, it will be a very expensive, long and useless trip. 

Yes I was, but I got the distinct feeling they wanted me to travel rather than they themselves having to deal with it.

3 hours ago, Mormolin said:

If you formally change your address to Phuket at immigration there you could have your stamps transferred there.

On 2/3/2021 at 7:29 PM, ubonjoe said:

1. There is no fixed time you can do it. My suggestion is do it a soon as possible so you don't need to have both passport do something. You could wait until your return for your extension.

2. Wrong advice. You have to do it where you applied for your extension.

3. The  letter from the embassy that they should've given to you.

This form Transfer Stamps To A New Passport

Copies of both passport photo pages. Copies of every page in your old passport that has a visa or stamp for Thailand on it.

Is there a "Transfer Stamps to a New Passport" form for Chonburi (Pattaya) Immigration? 

8 minutes ago, sghanchey said:

Is there a "Transfer Stamps to a New Passport" form for Chonburi (Pattaya) Immigration? 

That form is from the immigration website. It is accepted at the majority of immigration offices.

Not sure Chonburi has their own form.

6 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

That form is from the immigration website. It is accepted at the majority of immigration offices.

Not sure Chonburi has their own form.

Thanks. I'll send any update on this after visiting Immigration next week. 

On 2/6/2021 at 6:59 AM, Chomper Higgot said:

Yes I was, but I got the distinct feeling they wanted me to travel rather than they themselves having to deal with it.

Just came back from Phuket Immigration Office. They transfered my stamps to the new passport without any problem! ????

They also gave me a new covid extension stamp (The actual was about to expire on Feb 28).

The volunteers working there are very friendly and efficient.

• Like 1

Here's my experience on new passport & transfer stamps from my old passport. January 23, 2021 I mailed the paperwork to the U.S. Embassy through ThaiPost. The embassy received it on 24 January 2021. They started processing it on 26 January 2021. On 4 February 2021, I received my new passport. Same day I took it to Thai immigration Pattaya and on 5 February2021. I picked up the new passport with the stamps on it. No charge.  Total cost for new passport 3410 baht, 100 baht for postage. Passport pictures 60 baht and 100 baht at Bangkok Bank for checks. Fast and excellent service from the U.S. Embassy and Thai immigration.

• Like 1