UK asks EU for Brexit grace period extension to 2023, BBC reports

snoop1130

46 minutes ago, Tofer said:

So you're just parroting the articles which, by the way, emphasise my point, that the trade deals are not identical, as you highlighted - "substantially" and "broadly equivalent", would confirm.

Deflecting, as usual.

I am happy to parrot reliable sources and not get information out of my #$%^&!

The sources support my point which was that:

- the deals are similar or whatever you call them, broadly equivalent etc...

- they bring no additional benefit to the EU deal they roll over.

Edited by candide
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

21 hours ago, candide said:

the deals are similar or whatever you call them, broadly equivalent etc...

Correction - not what I call them, but what you're referenced articles call them.

they bring no additional benefit to the EU deal they roll over.

Time will tell...

However, I am again impressed by your powers to predict the future, since your claims, at this stage, little over one month since we fully parted company with the EU, are somewhat premature.

19 hours ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Too bad there’s no evidence to “parrot” for your unsubstantiated claims. 

Your part answer to that one is provided in candide's post...

the articles which, by the way, emphasise my point, that the trade deals are not identical, as you highlighted - "substantially" and "broadly equivalent", would confirm.

Regarding the future predictions aspect, i.e. analysis of the new deals benefits, you're right - there is no evidence, and there isn't any to parrot. No serious commentator would commit to such a statement of future prediction, since they don't posses the crystal balls that the remainers are blessed with.

It wasn't me who stated....

Edited by Tofer
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 2/3/2021 at 8:21 PM, Chomper Higgot said:

Hang on a minute, whatever happened to the Brexiteer repost ‘we’re out, get over it’?

Don't assume for one minute that this isn't some kind of 'play' to expose on an international level the total lack of cooperation here, but force the EU to do it themselves.

Coming from Gove I would expect no less.

2 hours ago, Tofer said:

Well bully for you, if you need a crutch then go ahead and feel free to use one... But, next time, I suggest, you read it first and make sure it supports your views.... ????

On the contrary, I don't need, or intend, to spend half my life trolling through the internet looking for something to convince anybody of my opinions, particularly a bunch of belligerent remainers with prejudiced views, since I rely on original thought and knowledge based upon serious news reports, not the fantasy of crystal ball gazing, or perceived expectations of instant gratification.

Deflecting again.

3 hours ago, Tofer said:

Correction - not what I call them, but what you're referenced articles call them.

Time will tell...

However, I am again impressed by your powers to predict the future, since your claims, at this stage, little over one month since we fully parted company with the EU, are somewhat premature.

Your part answer to that one is provided in candide's post...

Regarding the future predictions aspect, i.e. analysis of the new deals benefits, you're right - there is no evidence, and there isn't any to parrot. No serious commentator would commit to such a statement of future prediction, since they don't posses the crystal balls that the remainers are blessed with.

It wasn't me who stated....

I never made any prediction. Read my post. My point is that, for the time being, there is no additional benefit as deals are similar rollover and continuity deals.

Future deals may be better or worse, but the current t ones don't bring any significant change, I.e. no additional benefits.

Edited by candide
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Victornoir said:

The European Commission is at the service of the 27 nations. It screwed up the first supplies of the covid vaccine, that's a fact.

In return, protests and admonitions are flowing from all sides and nations are depriving it of a part of its confidence by entering into parallel supply contracts directly with Russian and Chinese producers.

I think this is a good thing which shows the freedom retained for each member country and the supervision exercised over EU officials. A questioning which should lead to a less formal and more responsive running.

This is why UVDL reacts vigorously and works (sometimes awkwardly) to recover his credit. Healthy reaction IMO.

His?

11 minutes ago, vogie said:

So basically if the individual nations had not been reliant on the mighty beaurocratic powerhouse that is the EU, and had been left to there to their own devices to arrange the procurement of these vaccines, most nations would be like little speedboats and not a big lumbering dinosaur of an empty oil tanker chugging away with a failed leader at the helm.

Brexit, you know it makes sense.

No further questions m'lud. ????????

One swallow doesn't make a summer....

12 minutes ago, Loiner said:

You clearly miss it, so let me resurrect for you:

”We’re out, get over it!”

And it’s getting better everyday. I can tell that because of the way Remainers are still moaning over the least little hiccup or minor complaint to the Grauniad. The EU posters are even more vituperative than they previously were too. Must be their pigeons coming home to roost, plus their sad realisation that the failing club is on its way out. 

So there has been no issues?

45 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Your sources are about as reliable as the U.K. weather, and as you admit are only those which support your point. 

Even worse, your information is out of somebody else’s #$%^&!

Why are they not reliable? Is it just an information coming from your #$%^&!?

If not, I.e. if you know reliable sources which contradict the fact that these deals are roll over and continuity deals with no significant differences with the previous EU deals, why don't you enlight us?

Same as with the poster to whom I replied, I won't hold my breath......

Edited by candide
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Victornoir said:

The European Commission is at the service of the 27 nations. It screwed up the first supplies of the covid vaccine, that's a fact.

In return, protests and admonitions are flowing from all sides and nations are depriving it of a part of its confidence by entering into parallel supply contracts directly with Russian and Chinese producers.

I think this is a good thing which shows the freedom retained for each member country and the supervision exercised over EU officials. A questioning which should lead to a less formal and more responsive running.

This is why UVDL reacts vigorously and works (sometimes awkwardly) to recover his credit. Healthy reaction IMO.

What we need is a strong European government that can deal with all this nationalistic nonsense.

Without the UK and their rebates and exeptions that will be easier to achieve.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, candide said:

I never made any prediction. Read my post. My point is that, for the time being, there is no additional benefit as deals are similar rollover and continuity deals.

Future deals may be better or worse, but the current t ones don't bring any significant change, I.e. no additional benefits.

So, I miss quoted you with this one did I?

On 2/5/2021 at 4:59 PM, candide said:

Then perhaps you should have inserted 'currently' as your second word in that sentence...., or maybe it was more of -

6 hours ago, Tofer said:

perceived expectations of instant gratification.

Which is it? Please make your mind up, you're confusing everyone.... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, candide said:

Why are they not reliable? Is it just an information coming from your #$%^&!?

If not, I.e. if you know reliable sources which contradict the fact that these deals are roll over and continuity deals with no significant differences with the previous EU deals, why don't you enlight us?

Same as with the poster to whom I replied, I won't hold my breath......

Please do hold your breath. I hold my reply and we’ll see who folds first. 

• Haha 2

On 2/5/2021 at 8:46 AM, candide said:

Nice to see you acknowledging that the EU trade deals have been designed taking into account UK's best interest! ????

Some deals may not be simply cut and paste (they are often shorter versions) but the content is not significantly different, and sometimes a bit worse (Japan deal). For the time being, freedom of negotiating agreements has not brought additional benefits. "Same same before"!

42 minutes ago, Tofer said:

So, I miss quoted you with this one did I?

Then perhaps you should have inserted 'currently' as your second word in that sentence...., or maybe it was more of -

Which is it? Please make your mind up, you're confusing everyone.... 

That was clear from the first post to which you replied.

"For the time being, freedom of negotiating agreements has not brought additional benefits"

Anyway, due to the succession of replies it may have been forgotten, it also sometimes happens to me.