UPDATED UK.GOV FINANCIALS for Migration - Spouse going to the UK

It seems there is a new version of the UK Visa Financials dated 28 January 2021:

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/957305/appendix-fm-1-7-financial-requirement-v6.0-ext.pdf

Publication
Below is information on when this version of the guidance was published:
• version 6.0
• published for Home Office staff on 28 January 2021
Changes from last version of this guidance

COVID-19 concessions updated.

3 hours ago, Tony M said:

The UK Home Office has updated all of their "guidance" to include the constantly-changing Covid-19 concessions, not just this one piece of legislation. 

This update  seems to be more than a section on Covid-19 as the layout is also different.

1 hour ago, Surelynot said:

I imagine it is designed to make it easier for a British citizen to live with his wife in his own country.......555.....what am I thinking???

Surely not. More likely an increase in all fees to help refill government coffers.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, zyphodb said:

Still just as outrageous as ever. If your rich, no problem bringing your wife home. But if your middle or working class forget it, you don't deserve a family life in the UK...

I took a cursory glance. It doesn't seem outrageous, at a less than £19k per annum income requirement. Though I didn't look any further than that; perhaps there are more onerous requirements that the partner has to fulfil.

Edited by Eindhoven

8 hours ago, Eindhoven said:

I took a cursory glance. It doesn't seem outrageous, at a less than £19k per annum income requirement. Though I didn't look any further than that; perhaps there are more onerous requirements that the partner has to fulfil.

It's not just financials.

Although the costs for visa applications, NHS insurance (even though my wife already pays N.I. on her wages ) etc annoys a little.

To obtain the ILR will take @5.5-6 yrs.

You then have to apply for a passport - add around 6 months - so from start to finish probably around 6-6.5 yrs. That is a huge amount of time.

In that time your wife is limited in the time she can spend out of the UK - which means you are also limited.

All this, because we want to ensure we can flip between the two countries as we get older. Especially if one of us gets ill.

I believe if you're British your wife should automatically be allowed to live with you from when you are married and be entitled to the same benefits as you. This UK spouse visa process is simply too long.

Why we have to have our lives disrupted for such a length of time is ridiculous.

BTW:

As I used the word benefits( I was talking about the general benefits of living in the UK), I believe a restriction on financial benefits for the spouse for a period of time is acceptable to avoid abuse of the system

Edited by Pmbkk
BTW
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Pmbkk said:

It's not just financials.

Although the costs for visa applications, NHS insurance (even though my wife already pays N.I. on her wages ) etc annoys a little.

To obtain the ILR will take @5.5-6 yrs.

You then have to apply for a passport - add around 6 months - so from start to finish probably around 6-6.5 yrs. That is a huge amount of time.

In that time your wife is limited in the time she can spend out of the UK - which means you are also limited.

All this, because we want to ensure we can flip between the two countries as we get older. Especially if one of us gets ill.

I believe if you're British your wife should automatically be allowed to live with you from when you are married and be entitled to the same benefits as you. This UK spouse visa process is simply too long.

Why we have to have our lives disrupted for such a length of time is ridiculous.

BTW:

As I used the word benefits( I was talking about the general benefits of living in the UK), I believe a restriction on financial benefits for the spouse for a period of time is acceptable to avoid abuse of the system

Good luck in your endeavours.

This thread was opened to share a slight change in the Financial Requirements Guildlines, it's now discussing all sorts of individual cases.

To avoid any confusion I'll close the thread, if any member wishes clarification on an indidviual application, it might be better to open a new thread where your questions may well be answered.