UK had 'one or two' Brexit teething issues on fishing, minister says

snoop1130

2 minutes ago, vogie said:

Anyone in particular or all of them?????????????

I'm glad you find amusement in the situation.. thanks to brexit and it's lieng rapidly disapearing backers    UK is in the the throws of an historic economic and social catastrophy that it hasn't faced since post the second world war...and for what? an illusive sovereignty that we EFFECTIVELY had in place anyway...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bannork said:

A vaccination success  due to the NHS, not Boris's crony company friends, and a success after over 100,000 dead. One  of the worst death rates in the world.

So we deliberately damage 45% of our total exports by volunteering to be a third country with all the handicaps that brings.

Economic stupidity of the worst order.

I think you'll find it was Boris' government who provided development funding and committed orders - not the NHS. But don't let the truth interfere with your vitriol.

Look to your own countrymen who ignored lock down rules and held 400 strong raves etc, etc, before laying the entire blame at Boris' door step, with your diatribe. You're like a broken disingenuous record. 

Which 45% would that be, kindly enlighten us?

• Like 2

Pound soars to near-three year high vs dollar in Brexit boost - and could go even higher

THE POUND surged above $1.39 for the first time in almost three years today, lifted by rising Brexit optimism, broad-based dollar weakness and hopes for the end of a third national lockdown.

https://www.express.co.uk/finance/city/1398032/pound-to-dollar-news-live-sterling-gdp-brexit-currency-euro-covid-vaccine-boris-johnson

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tofer said:

I think you'll find it was Boris' government who provided development funding and committed orders - not the NHS. But don't let the truth interfere with your vitriol.

Look to your own countrymen who ignored lock down rules and held 400 strong raves etc, etc, before laying the entire blame at Boris' door step, with your diatribe. You're like a broken disingenuous record. 

Failure to provide adequate PPE and test and tracing apparatus lies firmly with the government and the dreadful death toll.

Contracts awarded to their cronies.

45% refers to the total amount of British exports destined for the EU.

Now  downgraded to third country status by a delusional belief in sovereignty.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 3 minus 2 said:

'may' being the operative word... there is absolutely NO EVIDENCE  that there are or will be any benefits from brexit  EVER  .   As for HUGE contribution n  IT ISNT   GO CHECK   it equated to a fraction of% of GDP... Which would have been EASILY offset by the economic package availible for covid recovery from the EC    and as for calling a getting a vaccination programme underway a few weeks b4 our neighbours.. 125000 deaths so far the HIGHEST in Europe suggests... NO STATES the government have done an absolute appalling job but you keep name calling and offering idiotic' back to the wall '   ILL INFORMED.... NONSENCE.  

Eyes tight shut and no faith or foresight I suggest.

The contribution was, I believe £350M / week. How much exactly would we have got in the EU recovery fund - you've no idea, since we had already left it has never been discussed.

It appears it would probably choke you to admit the vaccination programme is a resounding success, and has left the EU in it's wake. Not a few weeks difference - 3 months, and that was just for placing orders, the consequential delays are far in excess.

42 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

In REALITY they have NEVER been able to give any .....It's just a damn right shame they cant see that they've bought into a rather stupid idea EXTREMELY well marketed.

I detect sour grapes in the air.....

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tofer said:

The contribution was, I believe £350M / week. How much exactly would we have got in the EU recovery fund - you've no idea, since we had already left it has never been discussed.

It appears it would probably choke you to admit the vaccination programme is a resounding success, and has left the EU in it's wake. Not a few weeks difference - 3 months, and that was just for placing orders, the consequential delays are far in excess.

The death rate from Covid in the UK is second only to Belgium so you'd better get the vaccine right.

12 minutes ago, bannork said:

Failure to provide adequate PPE and test and tracing apparatus lies firmly with the government and the dreadful death toll.

Contracts awarded to their cronies.

45% refers to the total amount of British exports destined for the EU.

Now  downgraded to third country status by a delusional belief in sovereignty.

What, your trying to say the entire 45% of UK exports to the EU have been cancelled - nonsense...

The absence of PPE stock piles was nothing to do with Boris' government, it was a legacy he inherited.

Ye of little faith. Happily there is a larger majority of UK citizens with a backbone.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, bannork said:

The death rate from Covid in the UK is second only to Belgium so you'd better get the vaccine right.

Never, you're actually admitting the epicentre of the EU has faired worse than the UK....

The reduction in incidence and deaths during strict lock downs, proves my case, i.e. the population ignoring the safety issues is a major contributor to increased numbers of incidents and deaths, wherein they are not capable of taking personal responsibility for their actions. Too entrenched in the nanny state attitude, and believing it's always somebody else' problem.

It's a wonder they can manage to wipe their own backsides, without being told to do so.

1 hour ago, Tofer said:

The problem with saying that is we've added more than that to the costs of British firms trading with the EU - the extra charges and the form filling will amount to more than £16 billion per year.

a couple of examples  the chemicals  industry is faced with a £1 billion one off cost and running costs of £100 million a year replacing the EU chemicals database and registration system. And if the still want to sell to Europe they will still need to pay for a duplicate registration on the EU system!

A consultant wanting to work in Brussels for 9 months has had to pay out almost £1000 and spend 3 days of his time getting the necessary paperwork together for the visa.

Any savings in contributions are more than equaled by what individuals and companies need to payout to continue to access their markets.

And there are those, like the shellfish sellers who are now completely excluded from their former markets.    

• Like 2

And here's... That is if the link works... why covid became a disaster in the UK... One word      JOHNSON

Last February Whilst other countries were closing the borders. last Feb He bragged the UK would be brave and beat covid and prosper 12500 deaths on .... He's bragging that the UK are rolling out half a vaccine b4 Europe...

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2567114640057199&id=989095877859091

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tofer said:

This rapid spread of the epidemic had little to do with individuals..but had a whole lot to do with the government's mid management...125000 deaths bacs that. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Bout time YOU got over the vote.its gone and done. Reminders leavers. It's irrelevant.  DONE.... PAST .            I'm sure you agree that What matters is what's ACTUALLY going on NOW.    I sincerely hoped all would be well.   But  for the UK economy its PROVING to be expensive unproductive stupid idea

That is PROVING to be an unmitigated borderline economic disaster...short term, mid term and looks like could well be long term...and the 'crowning Jem' is that it WILL facilitate that the break up of the United Kingdom..

When myself and others said that's exactly what would happen,we took a serious slagging from the brexiteers. 

• Sad 2

4 hours ago, adammike said:

When myself and others said that's exactly what would happen,we took a serious slagging from the brexiteers. 

Yeah... From my BITTER EXP'.. they have a tendency that when losing an arguement by logic and reason, resort to belittling tactics..supplemented by vast depths of anger and aggression ,doesn't stop them losing , but they feel as though they've walked away the 'stronger man',. V V sad really..

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

And here's... That is if the link works... why covid became a disaster in the UK... One word      JOHNSON

Last February Whilst other countries were closing the borders. last Feb He bragged the UK would be brave and beat covid and prosper 12500 deaths on .... He's bragging that the UK are rolling out half a vaccine b4 Europe...

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2567114640057199&id=989095877859091

The sickening thing he is going to get away with it all...the contracts, the poor decisions, the wasted money, the backhanders, 120,000 plus dead.......as the vaccine rolls out, people with breathe a sigh of relief and all will be forgiven and forgotten....his rating have already jumped.....

• Sad 1

17 hours ago, candide said:

The cost of Brexit exceeds by far the former contributions to the EU budget.

That's a wild unsubstantiated claim!

Furthermore, you are twisting the argument, yet again. My  post was a response relating to the absence of any funds from the EU's Covid recovery fund, and the fact it couldn't be established as a factual figure and, specifically that it was likely to be less than our contributions would have been. It had nothing to do with your ramblings about the cost of Brexit...

The cover vaccine issue is unrelated to Brexit, as mentioned several times.

I never said it was. What I said was that the Brexit was not the only reason for the state of the economy. No point commenting if you cannot follow the thread, or was it just another attempt to discredit my post.

18 hours ago, Tofer said:

I just did, or are your literary capabilities failing you.

The rest of your post is just about better tomorrows without anything tangible.

The rest of which post? The above post you quoted was the sum total of my post.

Edited by Tofer
  • Like 1