UK had 'one or two' Brexit teething issues on fishing, minister says

snoop1130

16 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Bout time YOU got over the vote.its gone and done. Reminders leavers. It's irrelevant.  DONE.... PAST .  

I've been saying the same thing for weeks. I've got nothing to get over, since we got the result we wanted. But I couldn't agree more. pity you don't practice what you preach....

That is PROVING to be an unmitigated borderline economic disaster...short term, mid term and looks like could well be long term...and the 'crowning Jem' is that it WILL facilitate that the break up of the United Kingdom..

More baseless crowing / predictions.

But  for the UK economy its PROVING to be expensive unproductive stupid idea

It's not an idea, it's a fact - get over it, as you just said.....

• Like 2

This rapid spread of the epidemic had little to do with individuals..but had a whole lot to do with the government's mid management...125000 deaths bacs that. 

You're entitled to your opinion, however flawed it may be, as am I.

7 minutes ago, Tofer said:

I've been saying the same thing for weeks. I've got nothing to get over, since we got the result we wanted. But I couldn't agree more. pity you don't practice what you preach....

More baseless crowing / predictions.

It's not an idea, it's a fact - get over it, as you just said.....

Yawnnn...

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

BUT its not an opinion ... it's a FACT.  The highest death toll in Europe does NOT point towards a well managed pandemic...

Neither does it absolve the British public of any responsibility for the figures... Or did you miss my comment about the vast reductions in incidents during the strictly applied lockdowns???

I.e. not fact - opinion!!

1 hour ago, candide said:

And that's only the lost GDP. It does not include additional cost such as staffing and operating the customs administration, the manpower used by businesses to do the paperwork. Plus the cost of activities formerly carried out by the EU.

+ it’s not including the next 10 years for which the UK government said to expect additional cost. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Not too wild and unsubstantiated, apparently:

ED523C42-EB35-4A8F-B03B-74558608954E.jpeg

There’s no definitive figure for the economic impact of Brexit. The analysis this is based on estimates the UK’s GDP is £130 billion lower in 2019 than it would have been had it followed pre-EU referendum trends. Between 1973 and 2018 the UK’s net contribution to the EU was £216 billion in real terms

https://fullfact.org/europe/online-cost-brexit-net-contributions/

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, vinny41 said:

There’s no definitive figure for the economic impact of Brexit. The analysis this is based on estimates the UK’s GDP is £130 billion lower in 2019 than it would have been had it followed pre-EU referendum trends. Between 1973 and 2018 the UK’s net contribution to the EU was £216 billion in real terms

https://fullfact.org/europe/online-cost-brexit-net-contributions/

mm just a quick question: is he comparing a total contribution summed along 45 years with a yearly GdP loss?

I like Boris's images from "the Express" tabloid, reminds me of WW2 propaganda posters ???? (source)

image.png.be6604f76f749116c8f253d51f86a9e1.png

Boris is a Hero, I tell ya

btw did the pound just go down again ? Did they publish a new article?

image.png.aee5b29aee84b18838898496fc0eb09f.png

(source Yahoo finance, as mentioned on the graph)

Edited by Hi from France
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

EU Commission sets out punitive measures against Irish Fishing Industry

With the fleet already facing a huge cut in mackerel quota due to a botched Trade and Cooperation Agreement with the UK, now the Commission is going to introduce draconian measures such as deducting tens of thousands of tonnes of fish from the Irish fishing fleets annual quota over the next few years, with the fishing industry will also standing to lose up to €40 million according to a report in yesterday’s Irish Times.

https://thefishingdaily.com/featured-news/eu-commission-sets-out-punitive-measures-against-irish-fishing-industry/

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hi from France said:

if the experts working for the commission are finding "Irish boats are guilty of overfishing" it probably means that "Irish boats are guilty of overfishing.'

and of course the fisher's magazine is not happy. Who would be?

Anyway we have exactly the same problem with fishermen of other countries, who tend to overfish to increase their profits, this is not an Irish issue

And which countries that you are aware of overfish do you have a link please

15 hours ago, bannork said:

Your fault for bringing vaccines into a Brexit teething troubles thread . 

I'm sure you would prefer to ignore my full response to your disingenuous comment.

Here it is again just to remind you why it was necessary to introduce it;

It would appear you're attributing everything to Brexit - have you not heard about the Covid pandemic, very convenient for your doom and gloom scenario isn't it?

Would you care to attempt to dispel that theory, or will you just ignore the fact yet again....??

I think you'll then find it was the remainers, and you in particular, who turned it into an assassination of Boris' Covid related performance - not I...

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, bannork said:

You may have noted that all the problems of exports and trade with the EU began on January 1st. Now I wonder why that is.

There you again again, changing the subject to avoid the issue.

What I wonder is why you keep avoiding the question? 

Granted it was originally related to 3-2's statement, but you've perpetuated it.

Edited by Tofer

6 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Perhaps you could present some evidence to support your view that everything is just dandy.

If it feels just dandy, then it is just dandy.

What more evidence do you need......... evidence will not make it feel just dandy for you, so just don't bother. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1