UK had 'one or two' Brexit teething issues on fishing, minister says

snoop1130

3 hours ago, 7by7 said:

Better late than never!

Maybe in future you'll read reports and articles before commenting on them?

Estimates based upon analysis and expertise in the subject.

Yet again you dismiss evidence which you don't care for without producing any evidence to support your view.

Why is that? Could it be because such evidence does not exist?

The tired, old Brexiteer fall back when losing an argument of blaming all our woes on the previous Parliament!

Brexiteers say that May was a Remainer and that her proposed withdrawal agreement was BRINO (Brexit in name only) which would have effectively kept us tied to the EU as if still a member.

Brexiteers also say that the Parliament which voted down that agreement three times was a Remainer Parliament which wanted to keep us tied to the EU as if still a member.

So, according to Brexiteers, a Remainer Parliament voted down a Remainer agreement!

It's nice to see you rattled again. 

I'm not the one posting reports without any hard evidence claiming Brexit has caused catastrophic damage to our GDP. I don't need to provide evidence. If I'd have claimed Brexit has taken our economy from strength to strength, then you could ask me to prove it. But most intelligent people know the real effect of Brexit will be seen over the coming years. 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, 7by7 said:

Only when you provide evidence to back up your assumption.

Standard response we can expect from you, when you've lost an argument.

Have you not heard of the EU's Covid recovery fund, a shared loan in contradiction of the EU rules by the way, which all EU states will be paying into for the next how many years, whether they like it or not!

Edited by Tofer
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tofer said:

If you say so...

Quite frankly I'm getting bored with all this crowing and negativity. As one of your supporters said - we've left, it's over, done with, finished. Don't you think it's time to quit your churlish mithering and get on with life. 

What exactly do you hope to achieve by cheering the temporary set backs, besides perpetuating your own misery... In fact I find the original post little better than trolling click bait.

Facts matter.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

Oh did you not get to go to the pub?

There aren't any "pubs" in Nong Khai!! Unless you count those grubby little 'bars' with ageing hookers down a tiny soi in town.....????. There was more life there 35 years ago, than there is now....

17 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

Shame really. I had a ball.

Whatever floats your boat......

23 minutes ago, bannork said:

Posters have said before, don't mention the war. You

Which war was that? My reference was in the plural, i.e. none specific - "wars".

26 minutes ago, bannork said:

And it's not over, we'll be back in the Customs Union and Single Market by popular demand before too long.

????????????

Are you forgetting, it was popular demand that got us out in the first place.... Or do those people not fit into your equation?

27 minutes ago, bannork said:

Are you in Nong Khai Tofer? If you want to meet a fellow Brexiteer, I suggest you visit the recently opened restaurant by Brian and his Thai wife just along from the Vietnamese restaurant on the promenade. 

No, although I appreciate the directions to meet someone with some bottle, when I do find myself in that area again.

9 hours ago, Hi from France said:

"catastrophic" is subjectives (at best) 

So

instead of "catastrophic", source what precisely is the % of GDP "damage" and the value you recognize? 

AFAIK there are very serious studies about 2016-2019, comparing the evolution of UK's GdP with neighbors, as well as projections for the future.

How is the GBP doing since we ended the transition period and properly left the EU? It's up at 1.40 to the USD and 1.15 to the EUR now. So the currency markets disagree with all your negativity

Edited by CG1 Blue
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, candide said:

Start by making accurate claims, and you will not be bored any more by the "negativity" of the replies you get.

It's not the replies to my posts I'm bored with, it's the general attitude of the remainers.

It's time they all got used to the idea, and stop pining for the past. there's no mileage in the blame / point scoring game, and neither is it clever... 

3 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Did you agree with the money markets when the pound lost 15% of its value immediately after the referendum result was known?

As has been proven, by the current resurgence of the pound, that had nothing to do with your negative perceptions of Brexit. Money markets don't like uncertainty... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Tofer said:

Which war was that? My reference was in the plural, i.e. none specific - "wars".

????????????

Are you forgetting, it was popular demand that got us out in the first place.... Or do those people not fit into your equation?

No, although I appreciate the directions to meet someone with some bottle, when I do find myself in that area again.

Brian is what you call dense.

14 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

It's nice to see you rattled again. 

I'm not the one posting reports without any hard evidence claiming Brexit has caused catastrophic damage to our GDP. I don't need to provide evidence. If I'd have claimed Brexit has taken our economy from strength to strength, then you could ask me to prove it. But most intelligent people know the real effect of Brexit will be seen over the coming years. 

The evidence provided by myself and others comes from Bloomberg, Rand, etc. who have produced their reports based upon the available historical evidence and made projections based upon that evidence and their professional, educated assumptions of what may happen.

I asked you for alternative figures to support your view. Your previous ignoring of that request and now your response quoted above only serve to prove that you have either not bothered to try and find any or, more likely in my opinion, desperately searched for some but failed to come up with anything.

You are, of course, entitled to your opinion, but simply saying that you don't like the figures therefore they are wrong proves nothing except your blind faith in Boris Johnson's Brexit.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Tofer said:

Standard response we can expect from you, when you've lost an argument.

Have you not heard of the EU's Covid recovery fund, a shared loan in contradiction of the EU rules by the way, which all EU states will be paying into for the next how many years, whether they like it or not!

Your actual assumption was 

On 2/21/2021 at 1:47 AM, Tofer said:

I doubt any EU state that decided to go it's own way would have received any support for the funding of the vaccines, hence they all fell in line with the UvdL's commissions directive, since they will be paying for the Covid fund for many years to come either way.

The assumption being "I doubt any EU state that decided to go it's own way would have received any support for the funding of the vaccines."

You have provided no evidence in support of that assumption. Repeating the line about the recovery fund is not such evidence.

Can you point me to the part of the EU rules which support your statement that the Covid recovery fund is "in contradiction of the EU rules" please. I can't find it.

Poland and Hungary both challenged a clause in the entire budget, not just the Covid recovery fund, which tied funding with adherence to the rule of law. A compromise was reached, which both countries agreed to. However, they, or any other member, could still challenge it in the European Court. 

The latest I can find on this comes from the 11th December.

EU breaks deadlock over €1.8tn budget and Covid-recovery fund

However, the legality of the compromise deal can now be challenged by a member state in the European Court of Justice.

"We of course will do this... we are convinced this needs to be checked," Polish Prime Minister Mateusz Morawiecki told Poland's TVP television.

EU leaders unblock budget in deal with Hungary and Poland

The use of the new tool will likely be delayed as leaders also agreed that any sanctions process could only be triggered by the EU Commission once the European Court of Justice (ECJ) rules on the new mechanism.

And the ECJ ruling is likely to come into play, when the new model is challenged in court by Hungary and Poland.

I can find nothing to say that anyone has yet challenged this deal in court.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

Did you agree with the money markets when the pound lost 15% of its value immediately after the referendum result was known?

Would be interesting to how  the money markets , 

react to Bitcoin / cyber currency ..

Probably out of their IQ . parameters ..

Stay safe . Nationwide offer . sweet nothing , on long term investors..