Pattaya Is Great For Lonely Men

Ling Kae

To paraphrase some memory:

Money can't buy you love but in Pattaya it can buy an illusion of love.

So, if you're in the market, why not.

So called real love is not without pain and tragic consequences for many as well.

Your in a Buddhist country, aren't you? Isn't it Buddhisy philosophy that everything is ultimately an illusion and desire is the cause of all suffering?

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, Pattaya can be heaven for a lonely man. That said, many lonely men seem to find the most attractive thing about Pattaya is the abundance of tall condos to jump out of. Pattaya seems to be a second adolescence for some and an early grave for others.

Bad place for lonely men WITHOUT shedloads of Dosh!

Bad place for lonely men WITHOUT shedloads of Dosh!

I hear a certain Visa shop may have a job opening. :o

Besides, who needs money when all you have to do is chase ballons around to get free food and drink ? :D

I think it bears keeping in mind that a great percentage of the men in Pattaya are misfits of some sort. Men too old, ugly, fat, unkept, slovenly etc to find anything even remotely like what they can get in Pattaya. This isn't eveyone, so don't blow a gasket here, but it is, by any standard, a male freak show in walking street any day of the week.

So these people fall under the "beggars can't be choosers" category. It's fake; so what? It's better than going to bed with only your five closest friends....

It's better than going to bed with only your five closest friends....

My problem is, my 5 closest friends all work in the same go-go bar ! :o

As for the first part of your post, yes, Walking Street can be quite fun to watch. I like to sit in the Lucky Stars bar (across the street from the Marine Bar) and watch the world (literally) go by. Much more entertaining than Thai soap operas !

Edited by Kerryd

I think it bears keeping in mind that a great percentage of the men in Pattaya are misfits of some sort. Men too old, ugly, fat, unkept, slovenly etc

So what is an old, ugly, fat person to do when they find themselves without a partner at home?

By all means, come to Pattaya and indulge, but always keep in mind that these girls are friendly for a reason, and it's not love.

Whilst I dislike living in Pattaya for many reasons, the steady influx of older men and younger Thai ladies does not bother me. I say good for them! They are making each other happy, and providing what the other needs. And it is none of anyones business beyond that.

Only exception in my book are those who take advantage of children. That is simply inexcusable in my book.

I think the premise of the OP is true --- Pattaya offers a great deal for older men, assuming they can afford it.

walkon, I really enjoyed reading your post, thanks for that, but by any chance are you related to Debbie Downer?

post-37101-1179087256.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Debbie_Downer

I am not knocking it, but how much self respect or self worth can these men have? I appreciate that having a Thai woman push your wheel chair and wipe your @rse would probably be more enjoyable than an overworked care assistant in your home town, but still...........................................................

I do not play the Pattaya scene anymore, however as for self respect well that speaks for itself! They would have so much more self respect dragging their overweight nagging under-worked wife around Asda or Tesco in the UK!

Most people who are highly critical in my opinion are more envious. If it really bothers you stay in Farangland. "live and let live".

You are living the life that only celebrities and well known rich people live in the west. In the west they too are only interested in you if you have money. Here it is "big fish, small lake"

Pattaya saved my sanity, ensured that I did not need Prozac or Seroxat after a divorce with my Dragon! It should be compulsory to go their after having suffered a long and sad marraige to so called respectable women in the west, who themsleves have no self respect. You only have to go shopping at the weekend in the UK to see what I mean.

Not a personal attack on you but. In my opinion Pattaya is wonderful! However at the right time in your life :o I wish I had gone there 5 years earlier in my life!

Not everyone who goes to Patters ends up loosing everything or jumping off a Balcony!

Edited by maprao

Most people who are highly critical in my opinion are more envious.

Not everyone who goes to Patters ends up loosing everything or jumping off a Balcony!

It's true, all do not lose everything or jump, but a significant number of people do...hence the warning from your so called "highly ciritcal" people who are not envious at all and wish to reveal the truth.

Step back from your own successes for a moment and see things for what they are.

You probably came to a 3rd world nation and basically bought a young girl you could afford because relative to the UK they're going cheap.

Now you're coming on here trying to turn your act into something virtuous and at the same time insulting anyone who does not agree.

Most people who are highly critical in my opinion are more envious.

It's true, all do not lose everything or jump, but a significant number of people do...hence the warning from your so called "highly ciritcal" people who are not envious at all and wish to reveal the truth.

Step back from your own successes for a moment and see things for what they are.

You probably came to a 3rd world nation and basically bought a young girl you could afford because relative to the UK they're going cheap.

Now you're coming on here trying to turn your act into something virtuous and at the same time insulting anyone who does not agree.

I am sorry if you felt insulted, but just like you, I am also entitled to my opinion :o Just stating facts. Someone was being critical of Pattaya and Thailand and all I did is demonstrate one can be critical of anywhere and hold differing opinions.

I am not turning virtuous on anyone. If it upsets anyone to see this all they have to do is not look or not go.

The truth is many more people find happiness in Thailand than end up broke or jumping to their deaths.

I have no need to elaborate as we have both made our points and we will always have people of differing opinions

Edited by maprao

The truth is many more people find happiness in Thailand than end up broke or jumping to their deaths.

I have no need to elaborate as we have both made our points and we will always have people of differing opinions

Spot on mate!!! :o:D :D

How can you possibly determine if this is a truth or not. For all we know, more people are ending up broke than finding happiness.

How can you possibly determine if this is a truth or not. For all we know, more people are ending up broke than finding happiness.

This is my own conclusion based on the number of people I know who have married Thais and settled in Thailand measured against the number of Jumps/ deaths in Pattaya I have read about in the last 7 years.

As for the ones going broke I know none of my friends who have. Also people go broke in all countries around the world. Of people I do not know; who is to say they would not have gone broke in their own country had Thailand been removed from the equation.

Also off topic my experience of hitting hard times (illhealth), my aquired "extended Thai family" stood by me and my Western family did not! Now I am well back on track and without their help this would not have happened. This old elephant will not forget and maybe I am one of the many hundreds if not thousands who struck it lucky. Good and bad exist in all countries. :o

Edited by maprao

Perhaps we shouldn't advertise the good points of Pattaya too strongly, or it could become a Mecca for dysfunctional and lonely men from around the world. Geez! I've said it. I've just revealed my own prejudices.

As a potential retiree to Thailand, I'm very undecided as to location. Perhaps all the liberal, naughty, enterprising, desperate but attractive young ladies, gravitate towards Pattaya, Phuket, Koh Samui, Nana Plaza, Soi Cowboy, Patpong and other locations that I've missed.

I don't really want to end up in a backwater where traditional Thai morality prevails and nothing exciting ever happens; where life centers around the buffalo and the rice paddy.

I'm searching for a place where there are not too many farangs, not too many bar girls (but some), where prices are traditional but morals are not.

Maybe I'll just have to travel the length and breadth of Thailand and find this place for myself, and then keep it a secret.

Maybe I'll just have to travel the length and breadth of Thailand and find this place for myself, and then keep it a secret.

I did and did again alas found it! guess what its great :o oops hope the wifey does not read these threads!

enough said I'll call it a day on this thread and plan my week in a place that everyone hates but does not know about. :D

I did and did again alas found it! guess what its great :o oops hope the wifey does not read these threads!

enough said I'll call it a day on this thread and plan my week in a place that everyone hates but does not know about. :D

You are not making much sense. Say what you have to say clearly and unequivocally.

I doubt it,.there are more farang going to town in the bus in the morning than in the coroners van,/pickup,and Qs all day at the ATM,.. :o

You are not making much sense. Say what you have to say clearly and unequivocally.

Neither did the previous post. This is like discussing politics differing opinions will never agree. I should have stopped posting earlier when Britmaveric agreed with me. I guess I am the exception to the rule. I have never been happier or so well off since I moved my life to Thailand. I am bowing out of the discussion gracefully.

I doubt it,.there are more farang going to town in the bus in the morning than in the coroners van,/pickup,and Qs all day at the ATM,.. :o

Qs all day at ATMs. In Pattaya there's almost one ATM per farang. I doubt there's a place in the world with more.

Anyway, your point is? Farangs are heading to ATMs all day to off load their savings??

Qs all day at ATMs. In Pattaya there's almost one ATM per farang. I doubt there's a place in the world with more.

Anyway, your point is? Farangs are heading to ATMs all day to off load their savings??

Must be a reason for it ,. yes off loading for money to offload ! marvellous ! :D

I'm searching for a place where there are not too many farangs, not too many bar girls (but some), where prices are traditional but morals are not.

Hua Hin for a quiet seaside resort

Krabi for a very laid-back seaside reort - good for scuba diving, fishing, rock climbing

Chiang Mai for a major city with all mod con'

Just depends what you want.

Hua Hin for a quiet seaside resort

Krabi for a very laid-back seaside reort - good for scuba diving, fishing, rock climbing

Chiang Mai for a major city with all mod con'

Just depends what you want.

What? Pattaya and Phuket didn't even make your list. :o

Edited by tropo

What? Pattaya and Phuket didn't even make your list. :o

Read Barry Z's earlier post. He was looking for somewhere other than P/P.

(And I didn't put in BKK or Ko Phi Phi either - he wants a comfortable place to retire to.)

That's right. I'm searching for a comfortable place where the purchasing power of my Australian pension is multiplied by a factor of 4 (approx., on average)and a place where I don't feel like a walking ATM. My 6 year old Daewoo wagon, taking all costs into consideration including depreciation, has cost me $5,500 per year to run so far. How many trips in a tut tuk could I make with that sort of money?

It's all about maximising satisfaction with the resources at one's disposal.

On the other hand, places like Pattaya might be the best place to meet 'liberal minded' Thai girls. One has to presume that such ladies are also trying to maximise their chances of meeting someone who can afford to support them in a reasonable degree of luxury by Thai standards. Economics is a reality.

Perhaps the problem here is the farang without the knowledge of Thai culture and language inevitably looks at his sexy Thai partner, given to many smiles and outbursts of happy laughter, through rose colored glasses.

Likewise, the enterprising young lady who has been willing to break the rules of normal behaviour for the sake of a high paying job is also likely to be viewing her farang partner through rose colored glasses because she also is not too familiar with Western culture.

Interesting situation!

On the other hand, places like Pattaya might be the best place to meet 'liberal minded' Thai girls.

I wouldn't come here without oodles of medical insurance and a very strong constitution.

You might live to regret it - or not as the case may. :o

could become ?

It has been for years

Just some who live their cant admit it.

Perhaps we shouldn't advertise the good points of Pattaya too strongly, or it could become a Mecca for dysfunctional and lonely men from around the world. Geez! I've said it. I've just revealed my own prejudices.

As a potential retiree to Thailand, I'm very undecided as to location. Perhaps all the liberal, naughty, enterprising, desperate but attractive young ladies, gravitate towards Pattaya, Phuket, Koh Samui, Nana Plaza, Soi Cowboy, Patpong and other locations that I've missed.

I don't really want to end up in a backwater where traditional Thai morality prevails and nothing exciting ever happens; where life centers around the buffalo and the rice paddy.

On the other hand, places like Pattaya might be the best place to meet 'liberal minded' Thai girls.

I wouldn't come here without oodles of medical insurance and a very strong constitution.

You might live to regret it - or not as the case may. :o

I seem to have a fairly strong constitution, Mobi, but don't subscribe to any private medical insurance. Medical treatment is basically free in Australia. When I travel, I buy my ticket with my Gold Mastercard which includes free insurance; part of the benefits flowing from a slightly higher annual subscription for the card.

Accidents, however, cannot be predicted. No amount of medical insurance can prevent you being killed in a road accident.