Student's hair hacked off! Sack the teacher don't expel the student

rooster59

1 hour ago, BobBKK said:

Ermm it was a private school?  obviously your kids are so precious - I'd like to hear the whole story although it is obvious this is OTT

yes they are precious. what else could they be?

and yes, my kids were privately educated, in the UK and Taiwanese systems. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, RJRS1301 said:

or hopefully with family support, school doing the right thing and disciplining the teacher, he may become resilient

If he's lucky yes, but the experience alone will need all the remedial help he he can get.

Actually that kind of thing (in part also by my family) made a very resilient rebel out of me.

I could have done without it though. No matter how adaptable and resilient it made me, even as an oldster, it is one of the toughest of life's schools.

• Haha 1

Just now, BusyB said:

If he's lucky yes, but the experience alone will need all the remedial help he he can get.

Actually that kind of thing (in part also by my family) made a very resilient rebel out of me.

I could have done without it though. No matter how adaptable and resilient it made me, even as an oldster, it is one of the toughest of life's schools.

Happily I learned later on in life (my 40s onwards) that there are other options to deal with things. I do prefer a quiet life 555

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

Some of them undoubtedly are, however some Thai teachers I know personally are the best people I've ever met.

I've never met a teacher yet, anywhere, that I would wish to spend too much time with. Maybe I just move in different circles to them, thank goodness. 

Edited by Pilotman
  • Sad 1

I need to know more before judging. I think the boys should have thier heads shaved at the beginning of every new grade. The lesson for a man is, hair isn't very important. If your a man and your hair is important, you have some maturity issues to work on. Unless your in the wrong body, then there are mental health issues to work on.

• Sad 4

6 hours ago, billd766 said:

There is an equally reasonable chance that you are incorrect.

That's true.  But I'm waiting for more info before condemning the action. 

Kids in Thailand are having running battles with machetes.  Other kids are bullying and even raping their schoolmates.  It's funny how so many TVF'ers would gladly hang any of them by their 'nads or lock them up for decades, but get all upset when they get a bad haircut.

Edited by impulse

2 hours ago, impulse said:

That's true.  But I'm waiting for more info before condemning the action. 

Kids in Thailand are having running battles with machetes.  Other kids are bullying and even raping their schoolmates.  It's funny how so many TVF'ers would gladly hang any of them by their 'nads or lock them up for decades, but get all upset when they get a bad haircut.

You can't see the connection then...?

I wonder how other students in the school feel about this? If they think it was wrong to clip the kids hair, I think a great protest would be for others to get the clippers and match his style. "This cutting style was given by a teacher, so it must be within hair cut guidelines...."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

been there and done that , he cut my step sons hair like a Mohawk .I did not mess about I went straight down there and , lets say I had a talk .Never again was my step son had trouble .And while we are on the subject, my step daughter had to give her lady teacher 10 baht a week , all the students did .44 x 10 baht.She said it was to help her teacher husband .. I will tell you something that soon stopped too.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sailboat32223 said:

I need to know more before judging. I think the boys should have thier heads shaved at the beginning of every new grade. The lesson for a man is, hair isn't very important. If your a man and your hair is important, you have some maturity issues to work on. Unless your in the wrong body, then there are mental health issues to work on.

how is your hair ...I did not know you are a Practicing psychologist

• Like 1

I'm very sorry but some of the posts on here are out of order, in fact way out of order, I don't have kids in Thailand thankfully, and the two I have in the UK are getting close to their 50's, but what happened here is unforgivable, guys here with kids in school have every right to be upset & spitting feathers, it is high time that the education ministry took a hard line on this abuse & started sacking and denying these bullies their lucrative pensions, but only after substantial time in a prison to reflect adequately on their shortcomings.

• Thanks 2

I doubt very much if the kid will be "traumatised"  Thai schools have a dress code which includes the length of hair, the kid knows the score, he  will have been warned  repeatedly before this happened. Thai kids, like most kids, enjoy pushing their luck, they often compete to see who can grow their hair longest before they get "the chop"   He was probably a hero amongst  his peers , to suggest that he would be bullied for having his head shaved is not true either, as the rest of the kids hair would  also be shaved as per school regs  

Its just how it is here, Its no big deal

• Like 1

Having given it a little more thought I doubt that it ever actually happened at all,  I mean ,I know it is common practice , but something about this so called news item doesn't feel right, I mean come on  a web site called "Organization Opposed to School Style Haircuts". its either a gang of media savvy  kids having a laugh or  just plain clickbait designed again, very effectively apparently,,  to upset ,and therefore catch the interest of  the "easily offended"  and those not really comfortable with how things are done here.  

6 hours ago, Sailboat32223 said:

You already decided and show you are weak and afraid of individuality.

Here is more important lesson: The body of person is their own affair. If clean and not dangerous to others, you have no right, no matter how important and superior you think you are, to impose your personal views on others. This is not a prison camp and not a religious cult. The children are in school to gain some basic information and skills, not to be absorbed into a cult.  The children are obliged to attend school and the teachers are there to provide the information not to abuse or to cause emotional or physical harm.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/13/2021 at 5:51 PM, rooster59 said:

In many countries around the world such an action against a school pupil would constitute assault, notes Thaivisa, and result in the teacher being sacked and possibly even facing criminal prosecution

Very good observation by Thaivisa.

But we're in Thailand. Rules, regulations and laws of other countries are irrelevant, notes me.

No, I don't agree with the teacher's actions, and if that would have happened to any of my kids I would react, but according to Thai laws. 

I used to  teach conversational English at a Thai High School, on a voluntary, unpaid basis,,  I just gave up after a few months. I felt sorry for the kids, they were great and really wanted to learn, its just  that the stupidity, sloth and  ridiculous  arrogance of the majority of the teachers got me down, they were often drunk at the start of the day, and by lunch time  quite a few  wouldnt return to work. Even the headmaster drank himself to death in the short time I was there. Now I just laugh when I see one strutting around in their ridiculous uniform, bedecked with "war" medals, gained from   hitting children.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, robblok said:

I think nobody likes this or agrees with this. I believe there were actually laws in place. However they are not enforced. But to advocate violence to solve this that is what people have problems with.

I don't have kids so I don't have this problem but had it happened I would not have resorted to violence but would go the lawyer way. More expensive and likely to fail but it would send a signal that doing it again would cause trouble that they might want to avoid. 

There are ways to get issues addressed in Thailand that don't involve lawyers, ( a waste of time and money in this society) but do involve the Thai family in a united effort to right an obvious wrong. 

It is too bad that the teachers have such respect from the adults in Thailand. The kids parents

and others should give the teacher a side ways mohawk cut, 2 inches wide on top of the

head above the ears, bale forward and rearward.  It would look pretty bad and maybe the teacher

would think before trying that stunt they did.  Just my opinion.

Geezer

• Like 1

On 2/13/2021 at 6:25 PM, teacherclaire said:

It happened to our son at high school once.

Then I gave him instructions to talk to the PE teacher in question to let him know that I'd come and shave his hair completely off if he'd do it again, of course facing the consequences such a treat could create.

It never happened again, and the PE teacher was very friendly to our son.

I'm in no way making this up. 

Teachers should be there for their students and not do such insane things. It's time that such monsters lose their jobs and start to teach their kids, instead of playing the "Khun Kru" role in a perverted way. 

You sent your son to talk to the teacher ... why didnt you go talk to him