Student's hair hacked off! Sack the teacher don't expel the student

rooster59

1 hour ago, impulse said:

I don't have a clue what happened, aside from the haircut. 

But we had kids in my schools that we'd have taken up a collection and paid the teachers to do the same to them.  And cheered while they were doing it.  (With all the other teachers faking disdain, but secretly cheering with us) 

Some kids are just buttwads.  There's a reasonable chance he just got a very small portion of what was coming to him.

I'll bet you'd have loved to have done that to all the hippies too! ????

11 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

so you're admitting to needing your friends to fight your battles???

"do you know who i am" is a phrase i've heard often in thailand, they're all your friends until needed.

Grow up

Did you actually read and comprehend "that means to understand" what the initial  inference to "friends" was referring to, doesn't seem like it. 

• Confused 1

15 hours ago, Artisi said:

Lucky for the teacher is not my son - he would have more than a bit of hair missing..... 

lol.  so you're saying you would get arrested, deported, etc...... no, no , no.

you know this happens now...and yet your kid still goes to school.  ok ok

if it was my son, I would appeal to the creators of the Universe and garnish the power of 1000000 suns and wrath have no mercy blah blah blah..

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Artisi said:

That would just be for starters ????

I would hope most farang did'nt have to send their children to a school with Thai teachers! I'm damn sure I did'nt!

Edited by PatOngo
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, YetAnother said:

at it's root, it is a cultural thing; a problem

At its root it is stupidly moronic, not cultural.  If you employ largely uneducated, immature,  idiots in the classroom, this is what you get.  Until they do a root and branch reform of the whole Thai education system, they will get what they deserve. 

This is a daily occurrence in Thailand. Perhaps it is that the student made a fuss about it that people took notice. Standing up to authority is what makes this a story.

My kids have come home with purposely bad hair cuts at least three times. It is not the end of the world. They force the kids to have the world's worst haircuts in the first place. It takes effort to make them worse.

4 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

This is a daily occurrence in Thailand. Perhaps it is that the student made a fuss about it that people took notice. Standing up to authority is what makes this a story.

My kids have come home with purposely bad hair cuts at least three times. It is not the end of the world. They force the kids to have the world's worst haircuts in the first place. It takes effort to make them worse.

what an astonishing attitude.

If someone did that to my kid I would be in jail for assault. Actually, I'm not that short sighted, to put my kids through a dysfunctional Thai education system.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

what an astonishing attitude.

If someone did that to my kid I would be in jail for assault. Actually, I'm not that short sighted, to put my kids through a dysfunctional Thai education system.

Yes and after your assault everyone would have learned their lesson and would be better off for it right?

It's just hair.

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

At its root it is stupidly moronic, not cultural.  If you employ largely uneducated, immature,  idiots in the classroom, this is what you get.  Until they do a root and branch reform of the whole Thai education system, they will get what they deserve. 

I think that is what the other poster is saying.

Pray tell where in this culture/nation you are going to find the opposite of what you said - significant numbers of educated, mature and clever teachers to put in classrooms. Would that be a challenge you reckon ? If they are around, where are they hiding at the moment ?

As frustrating as it is, I have come to realise that many societal changes are simply generational and it’s very difficult to speed things along. 

Just now, realfunster said:

I think that is what the other poster is saying.

Pray tell where in this culture/nation you are going to find the opposite of what you said - significant numbers of educated, mature and clever teachers to put in classrooms. Would that be a challenge you reckon ? If they are around, where are they hiding at the moment ?

As frustrating as it is, I have come to realise that many societal changes are simply generational and it’s very difficult to speed things along. 

Well just check out surrounding countries that have managed it, Malaysia, Singapore, Hong Kong, Taiwan, to name but a few. They manage to blend their own National identity with progressive social policies that advance the population and provide opportunity for the young. Too many excuse stupidly, lack of planning, poor administration, rudeness,  for cultural differences, its all just an excuse. 

24 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

Until they do a root and branch reform of the whole Thai education system, they will get what they deserve. 

I actually think the powers that be are getting exactly what they want! The only decent education available is through International schools and universities abroad!

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

Yes and after your assault everyone would have learned their lesson and would be better off for it right?

It's just hair.

no its not, its about mutual respect and showing care and responsibility.  I thank good planning that my Thai/Brit child was educated in the west where this kind of irresponsible BS is not tolerated. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

no its not, its about mutual respect and showing care and responsibility.  I thank good planning that my Thai/Brit child was educated in the west where this kind of irresponsible BS is not tolerated. 

Obviously that is true. But your situation is not everyone's.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

It is done to humiliate the child, it is abuse and bullying to assert power over the child.

Teachers are suppose to educate, not humiliate

I think nobody likes this or agrees with this. I believe there were actually laws in place. However they are not enforced. But to advocate violence to solve this that is what people have problems with.

I don't have kids so I don't have this problem but had it happened I would not have resorted to violence but would go the lawyer way. More expensive and likely to fail but it would send a signal that doing it again would cause trouble that they might want to avoid. 

5 hours ago, impulse said:

I don't have a clue what happened, aside from the haircut. 

But we had kids in my schools that we'd have taken up a collection and paid the teachers to do the same to them.  And cheered while they were doing it.  (With all the other teachers faking disdain, but secretly cheering with us) 

Some kids are just buttwads.  There's a reasonable chance he just got a very small portion of what was coming to him.

There is an equally reasonable chance that you are incorrect.

45 minutes ago, robblok said:

I think nobody likes this or agrees with this. I believe there were actually laws in place. However they are not enforced. But to advocate violence to solve this that is what people have problems with.

I don't have kids so I don't have this problem but had it happened I would not have resorted to violence but would go the lawyer way. More expensive and likely to fail but it would send a signal that doing it again would cause trouble that they might want to avoid. 

I did NOT advocate violence, never have never will regarding anything.

56 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

Nobody touches my kids,  nobody. Certainly not some Neanderthal Thai teacher.  Fortunately for them, their Mother and I would never have subjected them to the Thai Stone Age education system. 

Ermm it was a private school?  obviously your kids are so precious - I'd like to hear the whole story although it is obvious this is OTT