Expats in Thailand to be given COVID-19 vaccine: CCSA

Jonathan Fairfield

32 minutes ago, kiwikeith said:

Vaccine manufacture was discussed on a good news program yesterday, Rick Sanchez interviewed some smart people and asked them why the vaccine development which has been funded with your tax payer money was going to make the big boys like Pfizer and Moderna billions, and that is because legislation was passed years ago that allowed drug companies to own the rights to vaccines produced by tax payers money.

So you have paid for it already ,if you go private you pay again 3rd time, and the govt is already paying for it again and delivering it to you free ,at which time your free dose has been paid for twice.

These companies aren't necessarily going to make a killing on the jabs. Some have already backed out, losing a lot. As usual, it's complicated. But in the end, some took huge risks to come yp with these jabs. Only makes sense they should make a profit for us shareholders.  

Worth a read.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-55170756

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, JackGats said:

Quote: "Our policy is to not leave anyone behind and we must inoculate anyone at risk of spreading the virus, not only Thais. So the vaccines will cover everyone that resides in Thailand,” he added."

Everyone that (who?) resides in Thailand. That means not the expats on non-O or non-OA visas as they as not considered residents.

What utter nonsense! The very first line says:

'Thailand has repeated its commitment to give everyone in the country - including expats and migrant workers - vaccinations against COVID-19'.

This is in line the USA and the UK and no doubt many other countries as well in that even illegal immigrants will be given the vaccine. No checks, no questions asked.

13 hours ago, billd766 said:

AFAIK the farangs I meet socially maybe once every 4 to 6 weeks are all still here in rural Kamphaeng Phet, as are most of the ones that I know that live further away. That is about 40 or so that I know personally.

We must live in different areas and have different friends if you think that quote " most of his western expats and retired folks 

with the strong baht, the insurance requirement and others nice ideas."

Everyone I know in Pattaya is still here, too.

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, zaZa9 said:

NOT the Chinese vaccine for me. 

If the CCP was willing to lie about the existence of a pandemic , then anything they produce is hardly worthy of trust  ever since .

Theres already debate about the efficacies they claim.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-55642648?fbclid=IwAR2UMHhp4Ka0TzR-zrh4WvzKvMHAlYDlKjtdnYK4prUbhavugUZlGGUj1Bc

The CCP is almost openly committed to destroying all that it does not stand for and spends every waking moment looking at ways to further its cause.

As such we all should be depriving it of any  oxygen , and DEFINITELY not consuming what its state run laboratories  produce.

Agree.
Sputnik VII it is...

15 hours ago, stuandjulie said:

Could be worse, it could be the Thai vaccine which is going for trial with a whole test base of 250 people, as opposed to the tens of thousands of people for the Western ones!

Same Thai logic as test low numbers find few infections. Thai vaccine tested on 250 individuals any severe reactions will only be a few people, do a little 'preferential' maths, hey presto, the best vaccine ever created.

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

Thailand has already lost most of his western expats and retired folks 

with the strong baht, the insurance requirment and others nice ideas

so yes why not lose the last few still here with another requirment, it makes perfect sense

As Angkar frequently said during the Khmer Rouge, "To keep you is no benefit, to destroy you is no loss."

I think the current Thai government thinks this way about most Wester expats these days. 

• Sad 1

17 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

Thailand has already lost most of his western expats and retired folks 

with the strong baht, the insurance requirment and others nice ideas

so yes why not lose the last few still here with another requirment, it makes perfect sense

Not really, as there are plenty of us still hiding away here.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, stuandjulie said:

Could be worse, it could be the Thai vaccine which is going for trial with a whole test base of 250 people, as opposed to the tens of thousands of people for the Western ones!

Testing is done in phases. This is just the initial phase... primarily for safety and dosage. The last phase is when they test thousands of people and it becomes ready for approval (assuming all the tests go well).

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Bim Smith said:

As long as it's not conditional or mandatory. I nearly died from having vaccines and I am not going through that again. My unvaccinated body is no threat to anyone's vaccinated one. I have been self isolating for over 7 years anyway.

No country is forcing it yet because there is still short supply. They don’t even recommend you take it if you are allergic to the ingredients in the vaccines. However, in the future it might be required to enter certain countries just like yellow fever vaccine is requirements  to enter some countries.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, newnative said:

Everyone I know in Pattaya is still here, too.

Same here, and that includes my contacts in other cities too.

Just visit Jomtien (or I guess any similar) IO to get some measure of the still flourishing ‘foreign community’ here.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Suradit69 said:

I certainly hope no TV members were injured in the stampede to post their usual, predictable negative comments.

No it is just the rest of us (the sane ones) who get the breath crushed out of us.  The death toll probably also explains why some posters here think we no longer exist in large numbers!