Expats in Thailand to be given COVID-19 vaccine: CCSA

Jonathan Fairfield

2 hours ago, WineOh said:

he's changed his tune.

Must have had a well needed kick up the B Hind! ???? 

Not only changed the tune, also the gender.

Now a female, actually Miss Thailand in 1999. May be from behind helped her move up the ladder????.

Since 14.01.2021 spokesperson to keep the "dying like flies" legend alive. Appointed by the one and only.

1 hour ago, Crossy said:

In Thailand the left side is the right side. Could someone tell our local farmers please they seem to think that suicide is the correct side. 

Or just take the middle road with an amulet or two!

2 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

The outcry comes from the 'last 'hard to die'' , the few thousands with already a GF\Wife\family in Thailand.

The other category is the sexual tourists.

Honestly i don't see a 3thrd category and in the youngest generations the interest for Thailand has vanished.

They have much better opportunities to travel or retire around the world

as a lot of the younger generations have an ecological sensitivity

(Of course as soon as it will be possible to travel again,

but few countries are already open without quarantine, like mexico

https://edition.cnn.com/travel/article/mexico-travel-covid-19/index.html )

I have seen plenty of young farangs walking around Chiang Mai, probably stuck here.

20 minutes ago, moe666 said:

I have seen plenty of young farangs walking around Chiang Mai, probably stuck here.

Yes they are digital nomads, plenty of them around. Chiang Mai is a HUB.

3 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

People working in the tourism or service sectors or those that are likely to come in contact with foreign tourists would be vaccinated in phase 2 from May.

Why? They will have been through quarantine won't they?  Or does she know something we don't?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mrfill said:

It'll be rather like choosing which side of the road you'd like to drive. Choosing to drive on the right side in Thailand may not be entirely wise but, hey, it's your choice.

and probably as safe as driving on the left, as Thais expect vehicles to be coming at them

2 hours ago, ThaiPauly said:

I wonder what our position will be if we are only offered a vaccine that we really don't want, ie Chinese and we refuse to have it, and no others are available?

If I'm right, you can choose your own position in the airplane while you buy the ticket or at the check-in. 

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

AFAIK the farangs I meet socially maybe once every 4 to 6 weeks are all still here in rural Kamphaeng Phet, as are most of the ones that I know that live further away. That is about 40 or so that I know personally.

We must live in different areas and have different friends if you think that quote " most of his western expats and retired folks 

with the strong baht, the insurance requirement and others nice ideas."

The western guys in rural Thailand are probably a decent number, but they are imo far from

the total living in BKK, CM, Phuket, Hua Hin, Pattaya and others big cities and touristics areas.

I don't have a link and it should be intersting to have the exacts numbers, so just my bet, i could be wrong.

Also you are totally right the ones in the rural areas will probably never left Thailand whatever the

requirments asked by immigration since they have already build house and family here and they are

mostly at an relatively old age (There is no any disrespect in this fact, just a simple personal finding)

Candidely can i ask you how old are you and what is the age range of your 40 friends?

Edited by kingofthemountain
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DiJoDavO said:
3 hours ago, ThaiPauly said:

I wonder what our position will be if we are only offered a vaccine that we really don't want, ie Chinese and we refuse to have it, and no others are available?

1 hour ago, DiJoDavO said:

If I'm right, you can choose your own position in the airplane while you buy the ticket or at the check-in. 

''Vaccination provided by the Thai government is free and done on a voluntary basis''. So stop fussing. If you don't want it just say no.

A guide to Thailand’s largest ever vaccination programme

• Confused 1

Quote: "Our policy is to not leave anyone behind and we must inoculate anyone at risk of spreading the virus, not only Thais. So the vaccines will cover everyone that resides in Thailand,” he added."

Everyone that (who?) resides in Thailand. That means not the expats on non-O or non-OA visas as they as not considered residents.

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, Crossy said:

ditto for the Chula version.

Hopefully there will be a paid option to get Pfizer, Oxford etc. (not Sputnik).

i will take the vaccine from any country who has it available to me all I want is to stay ALIVE the China is 81% or more the sputnik is 91% there is nothing wrong with ether. the Russian SPUTNIK has been out since August 2020?so if you don't want that's one more for the poor people of this world  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, irishman25 said:

i will take the vaccine from any country who has it available to me all I want is to stay ALIVE the China is 81% or more the sputnik is 91% there is nothing wrong with ether. the Russian SPUTNIK has been out since August 2020?so if you don't want that's one more for the poor people of this world  

I don't believe that the Chinese jab has been peer reviewed? If not, who knows how good it is? For now, I'll pass.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-vaccine-sinovac-idUSKBN2A60AY

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, JensenZ said:

I don't want a vaccine. I hope they don't make it compulsory.

Once a vaccine is made generally available, then the question will be whether visa renewal or even 90 day check-in is linked to such. And also requirements for air travel. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Get the feeling it will be get a offered non-branded Vaccine for free or a vaccine of your choice at a ridiculous price

Maybe it's time we make our own vaccine. A few sick bats and a bottle of vodka should do the trick. Who's first???

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, Crossy said:

ditto for the Chula version.

Hopefully there will be a paid option to get Pfizer, Oxford etc. (not Sputnik).

I agree the problem Thailand government seem to have put out signals they have all their eggs in one basket (AstraZ) reason Pfizer,Modera, hasn't requested Thailand FDA for approval.

Waiting for the news as to which one they plan to endorse for travel passport?

15 hours ago, Somtamnication said:

If it is the Chinese version, no thanks. I would rather be deported!

Millions of fake Chinese vaccines were sold (main guy recently arrested), so there’s no way I’d take that even if it we’re effective as the others.

50/50 Thailand bought fake versions without knowing. The news said millions of vaccines were sold. 

If they did buy fake ones, they will only double down and insist they are not fake.

• Sad 1

24 minutes ago, itsari said:

It's or her , not his country . Why are you so sure Thailand has lost most of it's western  expats ? I think you are wrong with that statement . 

Requirement 

When news broke of 70% of retirees leaving or have already left, that was a good indication. 

• Like 1