Thai government to buy dried cannabis flowers from community enterprises

rooster59

1 minute ago, Airalee said:

Why do they use a fake plant for the picture?

Stock photos are used for news articles ALL THE TIME.

The university/government light dep facilities here have grown several crop cycles. Maejo University has a large facility.

IMG_20190921121203000000.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, PatOngo said:

The black market in Thailand for ganja has thrived since the American war in Vietnam, I can't see that changing anytime soon!

OK, Awesome.

So that supply/demand will continue to be satisfied, I guess, as it has been for 45 years? Brickweed from Nakhon Phanom.

The government will keep these growers on a short leash, and by offering a premium price, very little will slip out.

But we can re-visit this in a year or so.

10 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Government is offering under 1,000bht/ounce for a product with a retail price of 4000bht/ounce.

Hardly a 'premium price' IMHO.

Well, I'll defer to your expertise.

One you understand the difference between an agricultural commodity, wholesale and retail.

As this is a pilot program, you can be sure that anyone who tries to go around the authorites will be made an example of.

38 minutes ago, Airalee said:

Why do they use a fake plant for the picture?  Were they tired of being called out by the online community for the shwag they were growing when real pics were posted?

Yes,i thought it was looking a bit ropey.

43 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Stock photos are used for news articles ALL THE TIME.

The university/government light dep facilities here have grown several crop cycles. Maejo University has a large facility.

IMG_20190921121203000000.jpg

They could have at least used stock photos of real plants

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

I thought cannabis flowers were still illegal and those caught in possession will be prosecuted?What the heck is going on with the conflicting information?Did something change while we weren't looking?Can I get permission to grow some fine "grade A" heads?

Probably not. Doubt you could form or join a "community enterprise"?

Dr. Phon Nanthakan Suwanpitokkul Director of the Provincial Research and Development Institute, said that initially the community enterprise has been selected and has entered into a purchase agreement for the dried cannabis flower bouquet, namely the Community Enterprise, Pla Ploen Herb Development Center for the Community, Buriram Province and there are 3 other enterprises that have been assessed. The sites include the Petch Lanna Organic Group Community Enterprise, Lampang Province, the Rak Chang Group, Wang Nam Khiao Farm Group, Nakhon Ratchasima Province, and the Konjac Plantation and Processing Group Community Enterprise, Ban Thung Phaem Organic Farming, Mae Hong Son Province. 

Sounds like the gov't wants CBD flower...Charlotte's Angel is a great pick, assume these are photos.

However, the purchase price of dried flowers, grade A, content of CBD greater than 12% (by weight), 45,000 baht per kg, grade B, content of CBD 10–11.9% (by weight), 37,500–43,125 baht per kg, content of CBD 8 -9.9% (by weight) per kilogram, 30,000-35,625 baht, the price may change in the future as specified by the Organization for those interested can register to participate at www.gpo.or.th/ Marijuana Or ask for more details at call center at 1648 e-mail: [email protected]

Sasikarn Lor Jiropas, president of the community enterprise, the center of the Ha Ploen Herb Development for the Community, Buriram Province, said that now the closed plant system (Indoor) FDA has allowed planting together with the organization. Are ready in all aspects CBD Charlotte's Angel will be planted in March, 90 plants, an area of 50 square meters, and the first inflorescences are expected to be harvested around June, 18 kilograms, and growing area. Closed system (Indoor), an area of 360 square meters, can be planted 840 trees per planting cycle. To increase the amount of output into the production system of the Organization

https://www.voicetv.co.th/read/a2TSSma6j?fbclid=IwAR3OO1UM5Ykyu_6HQgnGRf_auu6uAYPuBa0RA_9kXSgAXylfnIrXY3mr66g

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FarFlungFalang said:

I thought cannabis flowers were still illegal and those caught in possession will be prosecuted?What the heck is going on with the conflicting information?Did something change while we weren't looking?Can I get permission to grow some fine "grade A" heads?

Are you a Chidchob from Buriram???

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

There are alot of cannabis initiatives in Thailand, too many to keep track of, which leads to mass confusion.

My summary, hardly comprehensive, but my attempt...

Growing, possessing, using, buying, selling cannabis remains illegal. Penalties are harsh.

There are special exemptions: for gov't/uni, co-op, even a few indivdual families.

Any exemptions for use are for medical purposes and are for Thais only. Some foreigners have been able to obtain a piece of paper which may or may not exempt them from arrest and prosecution. TMMV.

Seeds have been legal, no clue why (bird food?), not sure if they remain so.

Cannabis initiatives

six plants - small pilot program in Buriram, seedling from gov't, pyschoactive, grow and sell to hospitals/govt/processed into oils. This program is probably not going to get any traction, if I had to guess.

public co-op - four community enterprises so far, requires significant capitalization (millions of baht) and government approval, large scale indoor/light dep/outdoor growers with hundreds of plants. THC and CBD, sell back to gov't for oil.

private enterprise - similar model as co-op, believe some licenses have been issued, haven't seen any PR.

hemp - non pyschoactive THC below 0.4%, agricultural crop used for industrial/cosmetic apps. Not sure who's growing this. Seen one co-op type set-up in a northern indigenous hill tribe.

decorative leaves - for use in those silly menu items. No clue where these come from. Cannot be cooked I guess?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

There are alot of cannabis initiatives in Thailand, too many to keep track of, which leads to mass confusion.

My summary, hardly comprehensive, but my attempt...

Growing, possessing, using, buying, selling cannabis remains illegal. Penalties are harsh.

There are special exemptions: for gov't/uni, co-op, even a few indivdual families.

Any exemptions for use are for medical purposes and are for Thais only. Some foreigners have been able to obtain a piece of paper which may or may not exempt them from arrest and prosecution. TMMV.

Seeds have been legal, no clue why (bird food?), not sure if they remain so.

Cannabis initiatives

six plants - small pilot program in Buriram, seedling from gov't, pyschoactive, grow and sell to hospitals/govt/processed into oils. This program is probably not going to get any traction, if I had to guess.

public co-op - four community enterprises so far, requires significant capitalization (millions of baht) and government approval, large scale indoor/light dep/outdoor growers with hundreds of plants. THC and CBD, sell back to gov't for oil.

private enterprise - similar model as co-op, believe some licenses have been issued, haven't seen any PR.

hemp - non pyschoactive THC below 0.4%, agricultural crop used for industrial/cosmetic apps. Not sure who's growing this. Seen one co-op type set-up in a northern indigenous hill tribe.

decorative leaves - for use in those silly menu items. No clue where these come from. Cannot be cooked I guess?

Anybody can get prescriptions, 200 b , I got mine for Insomnia which they consider Serious Problem , I got my cert near Don Muang Airport , Sawasdee Clinic lovely experience, very compassionate operation , I brought a copy of my Certification and was accepted by Royal Thai Police in Korat and my Probation Dept accepted it , now with all these Ganja restaurants opening up , I would be leery of eating it and testing positive in a pee test 

Edited by Ireland32