Any one doing the OMAD diet ( One Meal a Day )

MrScratch

I'd rather go for intermittent fasting of 10 and 14 hours in between meals because with just one meal you'll go hungry for a long time in between meals, which will cause your body to go into starvation mode, which means every single calorie that's not needed immediately will be converted to fat. Of course if you consume only 800 calories a day then that obviously won't happen, but that won't be healthy either. 

You're much better off eating three healthy meals a day, maybe two meals to start out, until you have the weight you want and then go up to three,. Eat lots of veggies, fruits and nuts and some meat and cut out all sugar, bread and pasta and do some weightlifting. You can start out lightweight and work you way up. Do this at least 3 times a week. If you just want to get ripped, but not gain massive amounts of muscles, look into calisthenics. They have easy exercises to statt out with.

Good diet and exercise will definitrly drop the weight over time and it will not deprive your body of anything it needs like the starvation method will. It also won't affect your mood. Most people who have to starve themselves to get in shape for a competition like rock climbing or bodybuilding will tell you that it sucks because you're hungry all the time and it will get on your nerves and make you irritable! 

I had a little belly. Then I started going to a fitness center and worked out 5 times a week. After about 2 weeks I noticed that my belly started to slowly melt away, and I didn't even change my diet, it was just the exercise. 

By the way, cardio won't work to lose fat because cardio only depletes your blood sugar levels, which will get replenished with your next meal. 

55 minutes ago, pacovl46 said:

Good diet and exercise will definitrly drop the weight over time and it will not deprive your body of anything it needs like the starvation method will. It also won't affect your mood

There's carb phobic people here who always seem grumpy, probably due to high cortisol 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/3/2021 at 5:43 AM, scubascuba3 said:

intermittent fasting, skipping breakfast, having lunch then dinner seems to work for many. 

Personally I like the idea of #carbthe<deleted>up

I have a late healthy breakfast , eggs, fruit, cereals , I take my time. Yogurts or Greek yogurt at 17h .

Early evening a good meal, no rubbish food. I rarely drink, I walk a lot  and swim.  But if I want to pig out on ice-cream or a cake, whatever, I do. Rarely tho.

In Thai restaurants I tell them no sugar , they’re used to me now.,