Brexodus from City of London to the EU slows

snoop1130

18 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Having supported Brexit, and you tell us, voted for Brexit you now tell those of us who warned Brexit would damage the UK economy and that people would lose their jobs, should:

”try sparing a thought to those who are resident here and having a hard time”.

Voting and indeed not voting has consequences, a lesson millions of Britons are once again learning.

Will of the people and all that, then why the need to spare a thought for anyone, other perhaps for those who voted against the obvious self-harm of Brexit.

The people who voted or chose not to vote are adults, it will do them some good the suffer the consequences of their own choice in this Brexit mess.

You keep saying its a brexit mess  self harm etc,etc,perhaps you could explain how  the majority (who voted to leave incidently)are worse off?in real terms please not the usual waffle about biggest trade partners and how eu workers come over to pick radishes because british workers don,t want to do it.

Edited by kingdong
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The people who voted or chose not to vote are adults, it will do them some good the suffer the consequences of their own choice in this Brexit mess.

"They are being beaten with whips of their own choosing,if i had my way i would chastise them with scorpions "

9 hours ago, kingdong said:

Obvious self harm to whom chomper?the unemployed?those waiting for an affordable housing association property to rent?the homeless? Now we,ve got a worldwide financual depression un the post due to the corona pandemic.

Self harm to the whole nation, and as usual those at the bottom of the pile suffer the most.

Brexit, the Pandemic and a corrupt incompetent government, the perfect storm.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Self harm to the whole nation, and as usual those at the bottom of the pile suffer the most.

Brexit, the Pandemic and a corrupt incompetent government, the perfect storm.

Another generalised deflection from answering my specific points raised.

On 3/7/2021 at 2:42 PM, kingdong said:

What about the fiasco of the eu showing their true colours in trying to invoke article 16 as a deflection for their " handling " ???? of the corona vaccine programme? Are germany and belgium still sticking to their previous policy of not vaccinating 55-65 year olds? 

The threat to trigger article 16 was made in order to stop the UK using the protocol to by pass normal import channels. It was a mistake; everyone realised that in short order, and so withdrawn. I won't go into the current "Yes you did," "No I didn't" row between the EU and Raab over a reported ban on vaccine exports from the UK to the EU.

No EU government banned anyone from receiving a vaccine. Several European countries opted not to give the Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine to older age groups due to lack of data on its efficacy in the older age ranges in the Oxford/AstraZeneca clinical trials.

Meanwhile in the UK those under 55 have yet to receive their first does and less than half of those who have had the first dose have received the second.

On 3/7/2021 at 2:42 PM, kingdong said:

All projections of your predicted financial doom are victims of the worldwide corona pandemic as for my personal predicament,i learnt my lessons in life down to personal experience,not attending seminars in the canterbury arms.well would love to sit conversing with you but have a pending meeting with my financial advisor,terry the spiv.

On 3/7/2021 at 2:53 PM, kingdong said:

Obvious self harm to whom chomper?the unemployed?those waiting for an affordable housing association property to rent?the homeless? Now we,ve got a worldwide financual depression un the post due to the corona pandemic.

The news, and indeed these topics, has been full of people harmed by Brexit.

From the jobs lost as even Brexit supporters move their companies to the EU, through fishing fleets tied up because they cannot export their catch to the EU, to small businesses having to fill in countless forms to continue to export to the EU etc.

But the damage Brexit has caused to the UK economy are hidden behind the much larger effects of the pandemic; and will be for some time to come. 

Am I surprised that yet again a Brexiteer brings the pandemic and vaccine roll outs into a totally unrelated thread? 

No; because they cannot find anything positive to say about Brexit so have to fall back on this!

Edited by 7by7
Addendum

3 hours ago, 7by7 said:

The threat to trigger article 16 was made in order to stop the UK using the protocol to by pass normal import channels. It was a mistake; everyone realised that in short order, and so withdrawn. I won't go into the current "Yes you did," "No I didn't" row between the EU and Raab over a reported ban on vaccine exports from the UK to the EU.

No EU government banned anyone from receiving a vaccine. Several European countries opted not to give the Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine to older age groups due to lack of data on its efficacy in the older age ranges in the Oxford/AstraZeneca clinical trials.

Meanwhile in the UK those under 55 have yet to receive their first does and less than half of those who have had the first dose have received the second.

The news, and indeed these topics, has been full of people harmed by Brexit.

From the jobs lost as even Brexit supporters move their companies to the EU, through fishing fleets tied up because they cannot export their catch to the EU, to small businesses having to fill in countless forms to continue to export to the EU etc.

But the damage Brexit has caused to the UK economy are hidden behind the much larger effects of the pandemic; and will be for some time to come. 

Am I surprised that yet again a Brexiteer brings the pandemic and vaccine roll outs into a totally unrelated thread? 

No; because they cannot find anything positive to say about Brexit so have to fall back on this!

Right on the eus been a resounding success,so why have we got 2.5 million eu citizens working in the uk?And why not provide vaccine figures for your beloved eu?.

Edited by kingdong

1 hour ago, kingdong said:

Right on the eus been a resounding success,so why have we got 2.5 million eu citizens working in the uk?And why not provide vaccine figures for your beloved eu?.

Ahem! Until 31 December, the 2.5 million citizen were working....in the EU!

Plenty of EU citizen also working in other EU countries (17 million, if I remember well)

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, kingdong said:

Right on the eus been a resounding success,

The EU is largest single market and free trade area in the world. It has also negotiated trade agreements on behalf of it's members worldwide, such that non EU trade accounts for over 30% of the EU's GDP. (Source)

Consistently, the EU has exported more than it's imported. (Source)

I'd call that a success!

so why have we got 2.5 million eu citizens working in the uk?

People move to another country for all sorts of reasons. this includes EU nationals to the UK and the 1.7 million British nationals in the EU!

And why not provide vaccine figures for your beloved eu?.

Why haven't done so in order to prove how much more successful at it we've been?

Could it be because you know that we haven't been!

COVID-19 vaccine rollout: How do countries in Europe compare?

It is true that the UK has given way more first doses than anyone else; but only because the government is  ignoring  the manufacturer's, the WHO's and other's advice on when to give the second dose and extending the period between doses up to 12 weeks!

See Revisiting the UK’s strategy for delaying the second dose of the Pfizer covid-19 vaccine

This places us 26th on that list, with just 1.6% of the population fully vaccinated.

I've answered your questions; so will you now tell us what any of this has to do with the subject of this topic? Which is the haemorrhaging of jobs from the City to the EU caused by Brexit.