Cobra Gold 07 / Navy In Pattaya

moo9

Currently the operation Cobra Gold 07 is going on in and around Thailand. It will officially end on May 18.

After this, the Navy will get some holiday in Pattaya, definately a reason to stay out of the city during that time (or go to a hideout unknown to tourists).

I have no idea, how long this holiday will take. Does anyone has more detailed information?

For my part, I'll avoid downtown and Walking this weekend :o

I was in Udon two years ago during Cobra Gold and Pattaya last year and it was fine.

Very polite guys were the only type I came across.

One in Udon fancied my pal rotten but she was not keen on him - I had to act as chaperone and he was under the buddy system so i spoke to his pal. We both felt like spare pricks at a wedding ;-)

I thought they always had to havw a "Buddy" with them till I saw this big hairy arsed marine walk into one of the boy bar's alone. I was showing some girls them (really ;-)) ) and one Thai guy from my ex-gf's hom was talking to us. When the marine came in he said "Got to go see bf" and he got the marine to sit next to us.

Swapping spit did not come into it - trying to fish out digestive juice more like it.

Currently the operation Cobra Gold 07 is going on in and around Thailand. It will officially end on May 18.

After this, the Navy will get some holiday in Pattaya, definately a reason to stay out of the city during that time (or go to a hideout unknown to tourists).

I have no idea, how long this holiday will take. Does anyone has more detailed information?

For my part, I'll avoid downtown and Walking this weekend :D

Searched a number of sites, and all I can get is that the exercise itself is scheduled from 8-18 May. No word on how much shore leave the various participants (Navy, Marines, ect) will get afterwards.

I used to get a laugh when the troops (sailors/squaddies) hit town. One of the first things they would do is rent the biggest bikes/jeeps they could find and start tearing around town. Groups of them would walk down Walking Street and suddenly see the "girls" at Jenny's (well, all they really seemed to notice were the surgically enhanced chests.) Next thing you know they are scooting around in the big-assed bikes/jeeps with (what they think) are the most well-endowed "women" in Pattaya. :o

It never seems to occur to them that, with all the other tourists in town, nobody else seems overly interested in what Jenny's has to offer.

This is usually the time of year when britmaveric and daleyboy earn most of their lady-drink quotas and bar fines too ! :D

"nobody else seems overly interested in what Jenny's has to offer. "

Speak for yourself big boy ;-))

:D

OK, some people are interested. :o

As for myself, if I see britmaveric or daleyboy (or kurgen once in awhile) dancing on the bar, I'll stop by to tease them (like the time I told them I needed to borrow 200 baht for a taxi to take me to the bank machine so I could get enough money to pay their barfine. Then I walked across the street to the Lucky Stars bar and used their money to buy a couple of drinks !) :D

Back to the subject on hand. From the various websites I've seen, it appears there's only going to be about 2,000 US sailors/marines in total. One article was about the Commander talking with city officials regarding the safety of his men while on shore leave (they estimated between 1,500 - 2,000 personnel in total)

Last year I recall seeing various groups of SPs (Shore Patrol) and others patrolling various venues (though they seemed to be paying more attention to the girls and getting free drinks than worrying about potential trouble-makers).

> definately a reason to stay out of the city during that time

I strongly disagree. Most US personnel are exceptionally well behaved, AND they stick reliably to the South Pattaya / Walking Street area, which is a tiny fraction of what Pattaya has to offer.

Typically around 4 days (96) hours due to the line between liberty and leave.

Of course since some are on duty it will depend on the duty section break-down and how hard core the local commander or OIC is. The Navy is in general very strict now with it so for most of the Marines and Navy types it will be less than 6 days. The Air Force, they could be there for weeks! :o

Only around 1800 admin staff are here this year and they are mostly staying at an Hotel, out of town. The 15,000 or so combat troops that are usually here are all busy somewhere else.

More Cobra gold information. Read on.....................

Thai, U.S., regional partners come together for Cobra Gold 2007

Story by

Marine Cpl. Mark Fayloga

Jomtien, Thailand May 6, 2007 U.S. military troops are on the ground throughout the Kingdom of Thailand, and are gearing up with various Pacific allies for Exercise Cobra Gold 2007.

Seabees from Naval Mobile Constrction Battalion-3 (NMCB-3), Port Hueneme, Ca. (currently deployed to Camp Shields, Okinawa, Japan) lay brick for a storage facility for a school house being constructed in Ban Nong Krob, Thailand in support of Cobra Gold 2007. (Photo by: Master Gunnery Sgt. H. Farrell)

Cobra Gold 2007 marks the 26th anniversary of the exercise, which is held to promote regional peace and security, is slated to take place in various locations throughout Thailand May 8 to 18.

Cobra Gold is a Thai and United States sponsored exercise designed to train a mulitnational Combined Task Force.

In addition there will be a Thailand, Japanese and Singapore United Nations Force Headquarters Planning Cell. The exercise will demonstrate U.S. Pacific Command’s ability to deploy a Joint Task Force rapidly to conduct joint and combined operations, conduct transition planning with a UN force, and improve multi-national military-to-military relationships with Pacific allies.

Events held during CG 07 will consist of a computer simulated staff exercise, senior leaders seminar, various field training exercises and 11 humanitarian and civic action projects consisting of four engineering construction projects and seven medical, dental and veterinary clinics.

“During Cobra Gold 2007, for the exercise portion, we will be basically working from a [security and stability operation] moving into a peacekeeping operation bringing in the UN and all the combined forces of Thailand, the U.S., Singapore, Japan and Indonesia,” said Maj. Mike Samples, Cobra Gold Field Training Exercise current operations officer. “The U.S. always remains committed to the security and humanitarian interests of The Kingdom of Thailand and we utilize CG 07 to engage in those areas with the government of Thailand.”

Samples believes the training will provide critical opportunities to enhance security relationships in conducting multinational operations throughout the Pacific.

“You have multiple interoperability and working relationships developed between Thailand and the U.S. and their regional partners,” said Samples.

For the U.S., CG 07 provides each service the opportunity to work alongside their Thai counterparts, as well as, demonstrate the United States’ resolve to support the security, stability and humanitarian interests with their Pacific partners.

“Combined and joint training will be conducted on a daily basis,” said Samples. “The Royal Thai Army will be working with the U.S. Army in Pranburi, the U.S. Navy and the Royal Thai Navy will conduct operations in the Gulf of Thailand and there is going to be a robust air cell put together with 1st Marine Air Wing. The 1st MAW will be engaged in advising, training and mentoring the Royal Thai Air Force in the command and control of air operations.”

Each day the U.S. Air Force will also fly a B-52 Stratofortress through Thai airspace and back to Andersen Air Base on Guam, highlighting its global reach capability.

The exercise is designed to improve interoperability of those participating along with building friendly cooperative relations. Multi-national responses to regional contingencies are likely to be the norm in the future and Cobra Gold is a way for the countries participating to prepare for such a response. The multi-national response to the humanitarian crisis resulting from the Dec. 2004 tsunami was rapid and much more efficient due to the strong ties developed as a result of this annual exercise.

This is usually the time of year when britmaveric and daleyboy earn most of their lady-drink quotas and bar fines too ! :D

Nothing on you mate - I believe you hold the record for the most dosh paid for your barfine. Sadly I hold the lowest. :o

Most not interested in hiring the girls. They don't even drink that much.

Gay anti-alcoholics :D

I never had a problem with them, I just don't like if I am outnumbered and entertainment expenses increase... :o

After the excersize finishes on the 18th the troops 2000 at a time will be allowed an R&R in Pattaya for four days. This will last about a week and a half and by the 27th wrap up with exchange of gifts by commanders at Satahip Royal Thai Naval Base, on the Eastern Seaboard of Thailand. The same will take place in korat and Udon Thani.

Barry

They're in Pattaya to bring democracy and freedom. Nobody knows how long they're going to stay : there's no time table for withdrawal.

YOU ALL BEST KEEP AN EYE ON YOU GIRLS THESE GUYS CARRY BIG GUNS AND

HAVE DOUBLE ATM CARDS :o

They're in Pattaya to bring democracy and freedom. Nobody knows how long they're going to stay : there's no time table for withdrawal.

YOU ALL BEST KEEP AN EYE ON YOU GIRLS THESE GUYS CARRY BIG GUNS AND

HAVE DOUBLE ATM CARDS :o

Only around 1800 admin staff are here this year and they are mostly staying at an Hotel, out of town. The 15,000 or so combat troops that are usually here are all busy somewhere else.

i HEAR FROM RELIABLE SOURCES THAT MANY ARE STAYING IN TENTS AROUND PHOENIX PARK AND THIS YEAR TANKS ARE COMING DOWN FROM BANGKOK FOR A EXERCISE, SO I HOPE ALL LIVING DOWN THERE WILL ENJOY THE ENTERTAINMENT AND FIREWORKS

i HEAR FROM RELIABLE SOURCES THAT MANY ARE STAYING IN TENTS AROUND PHOENIX PARK AND THIS YEAR TANKS ARE COMING DOWN FROM BANGKOK FOR A EXERCISE, SO I HOPE ALL LIVING DOWN THERE WILL ENJOY THE ENTERTAINMENT AND FIREWORKS

Not actually tents, they seem to be fox holes with a poncho liner over them, But that's OK because I'm ready for them. :o

Nothing on you mate - I believe you hold the record for the most dosh paid for your barfine. Sadly I hold the lowest. :o

We'll have to change that then brit, I'm out on 29th May for 3 weeks so expect to bump into you somewhere beneath Marine disco at some point...

I always knew you were easy, now I know you are cheap too ! :D

As for my barfine h3ll, I usually spend so much that I end up paying my own fine ! (shouldn't I be getting a cut of that ? Hmmm, better speak to kurgen about that) :D

I have always found many sexpats and sextots to be jeolous of young men in Thailand, especially handsome youthful US military boys and men since many bar girls loves them.

Can you blame those young bar girls? No, I don't. So I just avoid those times of the year. Thai girls like ALL girls in the world prefer and wants boys and men around their own age. They don't want to around us old middle age to old farts if it wasn't for the money and I know this, well as other board members.