The Process from Australia

On 3/11/2021 at 9:27 AM, HungDonger said:

The application process has tightened up. Some who applied late last year were approved immediately but recent applications have required multiple applications. One friend applied 4 times before being approved. If your initial application is rejected (likely) then try again. Good Luck.

I can confirm that the rules have changed slightly as a Commonwealth Statutory Decleration in now required when applying.

I was knocked back on my first application and am waiting on a decision on my second.

I'm wanting to return to my wife and live in our own home and the required documents is endless. Once I get my escape ticket from Australia I will not be returning anytime soon.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ozfarang said:

I can confirm that the rules have changed slightly as a Commonwealth Statutory Decleration in now required when applying.

I was knocked back on my first application and am waiting on a decision on my second.

I'm wanting to return to my wife and live in our own home and the required documents is endless. Once I get my escape ticket from Australia I will not be returning anytime soon.

escape ticket i was thinking that when i left feb last year

8 hours ago, ozfarang said:

Exactly.

Last year the govt told everyone to get back to oz. Im so glad i ignored their advice.

• 2 weeks later...

It all went very smoothly and was basically easy.  No unexpected hiccups. The flight from Australia to Singapore had only nine people on it and I was the only Australian. The flight from Singapore to Bangkok however was a large plane and about two-thirds full. There were many Australians on that flight. Booked on Singapore Air. Thanks for people's help and good luck to everyone heading out.

• Like 2

On 3/15/2021 at 8:21 PM, ozfarang said:

Second application was successful and allowed to leave up to 15 June.

Will be leaving well before that date

There was no cut off date on mine, I assume i could have left at anytime as it's registered in the system, perhaps the rules have changed.