300 Baht for certificate of residence - take it or leave it !

12 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

A rather selfish attitude. By doing what you do encourages the IO's to do what they do.

Do you really think you or others with your view will make one iota difference? Life’s too short to take the high ground!

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

9 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

If it gets an immigration officer to think twice in his actions then that'll do for me. Been here 16 years and they're still pulling the same scams they were did in the beginning. Yeah I got caught out initially as all newbies do but I grew some and I know the score when it comes to paying whatever. 16 years here and they still think everyone that comes through the IO door is a numpty. In reality they're right.

Now Olmate, if next time you go to IO to do your TM47 and the officer says 300 Baht. You're going to pay right?

Agent does mine.But pointis whats a tenner for the hassle,no one gives a hoot either way.

On 3/13/2021 at 11:32 PM, mancub said:

Most of those vulnerable foreigners  have Thai citizen partners who accompany them and readily/meekly accept the extortion also.

And most of these Thais are on the lower rungs of the Thai hierarchical social ladder. Never a better mix for extortion - lower rungs with rich, naive, 'sanook' farangs.

Edited by Neeranam
  • Like 1

On 3/12/2021 at 8:33 AM, Seeall said:

what the yanks say?  we dont negotiate with terrerists!  once you give them a little they want more, never ends....

instead of stealing they should be fired.... not job... gone... thats more of the solution..

is big joke comming back?

It is a good point, but some services in immigration are free by default. Not only the COR. Phuket immigration which i can stand for used to have a list of that inside the building. However I have not looked for it in some years now.

40 minutes ago, paahlman said:

Phuket immigration which i can stand for used to have a list of that inside the building. However I have not looked for it in some years now.

They had the same at the pottery village Korat office some years ago which displayed the COR as being priced at 400 Baht when in fact it should have been 'no charge'. And it is still 'no charge'.

A residence certificate is an official one-page document that states you are living in Thailand. It formally recognizes your current home address (permanently or semi-permanently), whether it be a house, apartment, or long-term stay at guesthouse or hotel. ... This document is FREE and takes two to three weeks to process.

Last updated Apr 22, 2019

Edited by IvorBiggun2
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 3/16/2021 at 9:26 AM, IvorBiggun2 said:

They had the same at the pottery village Korat office some years ago which displayed the COR as being priced at 400 Baht when in fact it should have been 'no charge'. And it is still 'no charge'.

Exept.. Do you want it in 10 minutes or three weeks.. This is where the money change hands sometimes....

• Like 1

On 3/12/2021 at 1:29 AM, phetphet said:

You're lucky!  It's 500 where I am. Has been for years. but they will give you two if you ask. E.g. For buying new and selling old motorbike.

Still. It's done while you wait, and beats the queues. 

https://www.tielandtothailand.com/certificate-residency/#:~:text=This document is FREE and,within Thailand for a fee.

This document is FREE and takes two to three weeks to process. Office hours are 8 am to 10 am for applications and 1 pm to 4:30 pm for certificate pickup, excluding weekends and Thai holidays. The alternative is to apply for a residence certificate at your home country’s embassy or consulate within Thailand for a fee.

Got mine while waiting for free at Samut Prakan, they are only valid for so long though, think 6 months was mentioned. Why would it take two weeks it's just a form filled in with your pic on it, took ten minutes

Edited by clivebaxter

21 minutes ago, clivebaxter said:

Why would it take two weeks it's just a form filled in with your pic on it, took ten minutes

It doesn't. It's all BS. I've obtained 2 since being 15+years in Ting Tong land. Never paid officially for either but put 100 Baht in the tip box the officer had on her desk the second time.

https://www.keyvisathailand.com/thai-residence-certificate/

If you arrive at the immigration office and complete the process before lunchtime you should be able to pick up your residence certificate in the afternoon.

If you complete the process in the afternoon then you will usually need to wait until the following day to collect your certificate.

On 5/20/2021 at 12:14 PM, clivebaxter said:

Got mine while waiting for free at Samut Prakan, they are only valid for so long though, think 6 months was mentioned. Why would it take two weeks it's just a form filled in with your pic on it, took ten minutes

Validity has always been one month, but it might have changed.

• Like 1

On 3/11/2021 at 1:26 PM, problemfarang said:

dont want to start an argument but i think its normal to have a fee for a service... and 300 is not that bad tbh

So you are quite willing to pay for a '90 day report'? God help you.

Probably been mentioned, but a "Free" Thai ID card (pink card) takes care of all that, but  I have had to go to the Tourist police once to get a P.O.L. -"Proof of life" certificate signed--- (it's a UK state pension thing) and yes they did charge.

7 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

Probably been mentioned, but a "Free" Thai ID card (pink card) takes care of all that, but  I have had to go to the Tourist police once to get a P.O.L. -"Proof of life" certificate signed--- (it's a UK state pension thing) and yes they did charge.

How much for a signature? on something they probably could not read

36 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but you need a 'Yellow Book' to get a 'Pink Card' and that ain't worth the trouble to obtain. 

To apply you must have a Yellow House Registration book 

A 'Pink ID' is not free but carries a 60 Baht charge.

The Pink ID Card costs 60 baht and can take anywhere from one day to 30 days depending on the District Office. 

As for the "Proof of Life'  I just asked a policeman friend to sign it along with filling out all relevant questions and I bought him a bottle of Leo for his trouble. He used his station stamp to confirm the document's authenticity.. 

Edited by IvorBiggun2

On 3/12/2021 at 8:22 AM, bkk6060 said:

You have a link showing it is free? 

Free at my place - 24 hour collection too.

The joke is, you need to collect a confirmation of your address from a desk that does Tm30, they do this within a couple of mins - then you copy that slip onto a4 then they look at the stamp in your passport and confirm what visa you have, that takes another 5 mins from the time you hand your passport in - it takes 23h 50m for them to type your name.

Edited by recom273
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but you need a 'Yellow Book' to get a 'Pink Card' and that ain't worth the trouble to obtain. 

You should be in someones Blue book--just a Blue book is needed, the ID number they give you will be transferred to your yellow book should you get one latter. If you have a yellow book they use that number

There is no charge for a Pink ID card, I only got one issued last month--because of Covid  (persons restriction in the room) took just over 2 hours. Take photo etc in Morning come collect PM.

Thailand: Pink ID Card For Foreigners
The Registration Act of 2008 allows them to be issued to anybody that qualifies. To apply for a Pink ID card, you need a Thai ID number and you must have you name present in either a Yellow House Registration book or Blue House Registration book.

https://franklegaltax.com/pink-id-card-for-foreigners/?utm_source=Mondaq&utm_medium=syndication&utm_campaign=LinkedIn-integration

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

There is no charge for a Pink ID card

I can only state what is written .     

Fees[edit]

Thai Identification (Pink ID) Card for Foreigners: 60 baht

https://www.wikiprocedure.com/index.php/Thailand_-_Apply_for_Thai_Identification_(Pink_ID)_Card_for_Foreigners

Edited by IvorBiggun2

6 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

I can only state what is written . 

I understand Ivor....and I can only write what happen last month---same for me as recom273. There was no charge-- its been noted on here many times---Different Ampures

Different rules..... maybe the one who wrote that was at an Ampure that wanted Tea money.

Edited by sanuk711

31 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

You should be in someones Blue book--just a Blue book is needed, the ID number they give you will be transferred to your yellow book should you get one latter. If you have a yellow book they use that number

Only Thais and those with permanent residency can be registered in blue house book.

Non Thai condo owners can get a blue house book but cannot be registered in it unless they have permanent residency.

• Like 1