COVID extension (and "under consideration")—how are days calculated/when to apply?

For those who get the COVID extension at the end of the window (March 30, at the moment), I'm wondering if there might be a risk of days being added, which could result in missing out on the next COVID extension.

For example: if someone's COVID extension is applied on March 27, with the 14-day "under consideration" stamp, it would mean the person's COVID extension would begin on April 10?

- Are days of the "under consideration" stamp subtracted or added to the 60 days of the COVID extension?
- Can you apply for the COVID extension even before your current COVID extension has expired? If so, how many days in advance can you apply for a new COVID extension?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, ThLT said:

For those who get the COVID extension at the end of the window (March 30, at the moment), I'm wondering if there might be a risk of days being added, which could result in missing out on the next COVID extension.

For example: if someone's COVID extension is applied on March 27, with the 14-day "under consideration" stamp, it would mean the person's COVID extension would begin on April 10?

- Are days of the "under consideration" stamp subtracted or added to the 60 days of the COVID extension?
- Can you apply for the COVID extension even before your current COVID extension has expired? If so, how many days in advance can you apply for a new COVID extension?

from my experience with the work permit based extension, there are no rules.

last year, and it was not the first time, my extension got renewed after expiration of the "under consideration" date. their advice? "don't get arrested" TiT.

and oh yeah, all stamps were then postdated.

Edited by tgw
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ThLT said:

It may vary between offices but at Jomtien they have been counting 60 days from when the last extension expires. When you apply you ask for 60 days on the form. I think the consideration period is just a formality.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ThLT said:

Can you apply for the COVID extension even before your current COVID extension has expired? If so, how many days in advance can you apply for a new COVID extension?

To put sharp edge on it, you need to apply for extension prior to expiry of current permission of stay. How early you can apply is up to immigration office. Any earlier than few weeks, they may ask to to apply later. Disregard the under consideration period. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ThLT said:

The days are always subtracted in every office (i.e. you get 60 days not 74 days) but your fears are unfounded. As long as you apply before the deadline, everything else will be fine. And of course it's almost certain that covid extensions will continue for several more months.

Edited by edwardandtubs
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/12/2021 at 11:19 PM, edwardandtubs said:

The days are always subtracted in every office (i.e. you get 60 days not 74 days) but your fears are unfounded.

Okay, thanks.

On 3/12/2021 at 10:07 PM, DrJack54 said:

How early you can apply is up to immigration office. Any earlier than few weeks, they may ask to to apply later. Disregard the under consideration period. 

So you can go 1-2 weeks before your current COVID extension ends? 

Edited by ThLT
  • Haha 1

On 3/12/2021 at 11:19 PM, edwardandtubs said:

The days are always subtracted in every office (i.e. you get 60 days not 74 days) but your fears are unfounded. As long as you apply before the deadline, everything else will be fine. And of course it's almost certain that covid extensions will continue for several more months.

There was just some confusion because at one stage many people who had been on ME Non O were applying for 60 days to visit their Thai wife. Jomtien was dating these  extensions from the date of application not the date of the last permission expiring. 60 days became 53 days. They had signs up everywhere saying the opposite but the unhappy woman in charge of that desk had decided otherwise.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, ThLT said:

Okay, thanks.

So you can go 1-2 weeks before your current COVID extension ends? 

I went to Jomtien on the last day and she told me I should have come earlier. At present they are putting notes in people's passport to say come before a certain date. Mine was 10 days before the permission ended

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Wongkitlo said:

I went to Jomtien on the last day and she told me I should have come earlier. At present they are putting notes in people's passport to say come before a certain date. Mine was 10 days before the permission ended

Just to clarify. If someone attends imm for 60 day covid extension early, does their 60 days start from the date of application or date of end of current permission of stay? IMO should start from end of their current stamp.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Wongkitlo said:

usual BS ! I went there with the paper in passport and they just removed it and told me to come at the due date.

what a bunch of 3$#$#$#$# (anything but the worst that you can imagine)

• Like 1

22 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Just to clarify. If someone attends imm for 60 day covid extension early, does their 60 days start from the date of application or date of end of current permission of stay? IMO should start from end of their current stamp.

Yes starts from end of the current permission of stay. 60 days from end of current stamp

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

My covid extensions have been little weird.

I have a non o marriage and I went for my first covid extension on 7th of January (my passport was stamped at Suvarnabhumi until 14th January). I got under consideration stamp and went back to CW on 21st January and got 60 days to 15th of March. Then things got interesting when I did my 2nd covid extension last week on 10th of March. Lady stamped until May 24th and no under consideration stamp. I dont know from which date she calculated 60 days but I cannot get 60 days from any of the days stamped to my passport. 

Years ago one officer stamped 30 days extra to my non o extension under consideration and they called me in panic that I have to go there immediately and they made a mistake. I was in overstay and they stamped overstay and 10000b fine. They paid that fine but my record shows overstay even it was their mistake.

edit: Now I figure it out. I went to the CW on March 10th and if she would give me 2 weeks under consideration I would be back on 24th March and then she would give me 60 days until May 24th. I have no idea why she was so kind to give me that at the spot. Of course my imagination went to the dreams that I am the better type of farang here so they are kind.

Edited by Topah
  • Haha 1

On 3/14/2021 at 12:37 PM, l4ml4m said:

if you go 2 weeks early you miss 2 weeks visa. it happened to me at Pattaya.

Do you mean you...

Went 2 weeks early and your new COVID ext. started while you previous visa/ext. still had 2 weeks left? OR
That the 2 weeks of the "under consideration" stamp was removed from the COVID ext. when you got it?

On 3/14/2021 at 12:37 PM, l4ml4m said:

if you go 2 weeks early you miss 2 weeks visa. it happened to me at Pattaya.

Was this for a covid extension or for 60 days to visit your family member at counter 6. With the family member one the officer was making up her own mind with no regard to anyone. With the covid extension at counter 1 been have dated for 60 days from the last expiry.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...