Nearly 98% of 18-to-49-year-olds in the US didn't tune in to the Grammys on Sunday

snoop1130

Screenshot-2021-03-16-at-20.23.10-648x363.jpg

The 63rd Annual Grammy Awards were watched by a live US TV audience of 8.8 million on Sunday night (March 14), down 53% year-on-year, according to time-zone adjusted national data from Nielsen.

Those 8.8m viewers were down by nearly 10m on the 18.7m live TV viewers that Nielsen counted for the Grammys in 2020.

The figures also mean that 2021’s edition of the ceremony, hosted this year by South African comedian Trevor Noah, was the least-watched Grammys of all time.

Full Story: https://www.musicbusinessworldwide.com/nearly-98-of-18-to-49-year-olds-in-the-us-didnt-tune-into-the-grammys-on-sunday/

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Why does anybody who is not in that business watch that?

If anything exiting happened then I am sure there will be a 5 minute summary on YouTube.

That said .

Keep tuned into . Thai Visa Forum ..

You , know it makes sense ...

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, 86Tiger said:

I don't recall ever tuning in over past 58 yrs.

Don't guess that means anything actually, but seems to be the trend......

Same here.  But I've annually seen these headlines announcing something that sounds like Oscars Lite.

I still half-wonder if this show has anything to do with the gramaphone.

1 hour ago, malibukid said:

the music died 30 years ago

Grunge was the last great music trend.....I would say music limped into about 2000, 2001 before it completely gave up the ghost on a mass scale...

Its amazing how rap and hip hop just goes on and on and on and on and on and on and on...pushing 40 years now....

Edited by redwood1

I think the Grammy's have lost all credibility--if they ever had much.  Beyonce has won more Grammy's--28--than any other recording artist.  Ridiculous.  Meanwhile, singers and groups like Diana Ross, Queen, The Beach Boys, Jimi Hendrix, Katy Perry, and others have never won even one.  Will anyone be humming a Beyonce song 10 or 20 years from now?  Doubt it. 

• Like 2

I attribute it to the extreme lack of talent at this time. Alot of the current crop of musicians just do not have the training, the talent, the dedication, the voices, the bands, or the juice that musicians of the past had. I search and search for music I like, and these days it is a tough search. I realize I say this as an older guy, but I am very open minded about music, listen to hiphop (mostly old school, progressive, trip-hop, and underground) jazz, pop, folk, world, and more. And I can say there is not much out there these days that is deep, satisfying, soulful, and memorable. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

I attribute it to the extreme lack of talent at this time. Alot of the current crop of musicians just do not have the training, the talent, the dedication, the voices, the bands, or the juice that musicians of the past had. I search and search for music I like, and these days it is a tough search. I realize I say this as an older guy, but I am very open minded about music, listen to hiphop (mostly old school, progressive, trip-hop, and underground) jazz, pop, folk, world, and more. And I can say there is not much out there these days that is deep, satisfying, soulful, and memorable. 

Have you ever tried Beethoven?

2 hours ago, newnative said:

Meanwhile, singers and groups like Diana Ross, Queen, The Beach Boys, Jimi Hendrix, Katy Perry, and others have never won even one. 

I truly never would have guessed that.  It’s kind of shocking.  To be fair though, I see that Jack White (White Stripes/Solo) has been nominated for and won quite a few awards.  That gives me some hope for the future.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_awards_and_nominations_received_by_Jack_White

• Like 1

8 hours ago, malibukid said:

the music died 30 years ago

40+ yrs ago...

1 hour ago, Airalee said:

I truly never would have guessed that.  It’s kind of shocking.  To be fair though, I see that Jack White (White Stripes/Solo) has been nominated for and won quite a few awards.  That gives me some hope for the future.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_awards_and_nominations_received_by_Jack_White

Jack Who??

52 minutes ago, AgMech Cowboy said:

But who am I to talk, I went country in 1971 and have mostly gone to Bluegrass and Folk for the last 10-15 yrs. 

he’s one of the few good modern “rock n roll” stars.  Has gained quite a bit of respect over the last 20 years from the classic rock stars and has played with the Stones and Jimmy Page.