Where to buy brand name after shave

SpaceKadet

As the title says, I'm looking for brand name original after shave, i.e. Armani, Boss, etc.

I used to buy from Robinson Suk Soi 19, but last time I was there in Dec 2020, the perfumery department has been closed down. Looked around the nearby T21, but couldn't find any shops selling quality stuff.

Any info is appreciated. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, SpaceKadet said:

The stuff I bought from Robinson previously seem to have been genuine. Both for myself and Mrs.

I'm avoiding Lazada, as I am pretty sure a lot of that is fake.

Agree! you only need to read the reviews on it to see that. Thailand is renowned as the land of copies and its just not easy finding "genuine" these days.

18 minutes ago, Jai Dee said:

Any and all Central department stores will carry the real thing... lotsa eye candy there too! ????

Definitely. I went to Central Festival Pattaya to buy new Chanel aftershave and whilst they had all the test bottles on display, they were out of stock of the one I use. Will try Bangkok in the next few days. Not cheap though at 4,300 Baht. I normally buy duty free at about 65% of that at Heathrow. No international travel for me over 1 year now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jai Dee said:

Any and all Central department stores will carry the real thing... lotsa eye candy there too! ????

I'll definitely try Central then. Where would the nearest be located? I'll be staying Suk Soi 57 (Tong Lo)

1 hour ago, SpaceKadet said:

I am sure they do, but it's difficult to assert which is real and which is not.

look at reviews and how many 'likes' and orders they got,

and if the price and spelling of the brand makes sense

4 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Good luck with this as generally alot of it is watered down copies.

You cant even be guided by price either as the rubbish is sold iat high prices sometimes too, to fool the unsuspecting.

Reputable department stores are not selling "watered down copies"!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, SpaceKadet said:

I'll definitely try Central then. Where would the nearest be located? I'll be staying Suk Soi 57 (Tong Lo)

From Sukhumvit Soi 57 walk to the Thong Lor BTS station, and either 1) travel to BTS Phrom Phong for shopping at Emporium or EmQuartier, or 2) travel to BTS Chidlom for shopping at Central Chidlom or Central Embassy.

• Like 1

Thinking a bit more on this particular subject, why don't you turn your shopping trip into a bit of an adventure?

Walk to the Thong Lor BTS station and travel to BTS Chidlom for shopping for "name brand" colognes at Central Chidlom or Central Embassy. you can then take the sky walk right to the entrance of Central World Plaza Mall. Check out Karmakamet which is a beautiful perfumes and body products shop located on the 2nd floor of Central World Plaza Mall in Zone C. Here you can choose a unique Thai designer perfume or cologne, then sit down with a porcelain teapot of Oolong tea, a delicious slice of cake and a good book. The atmosphere at Karmakamet is like an old-English library – tall bookshelves, comfy stuffed chairs and lots of warm, dark wood... absolutely beautiful!

kmkm-CTW1.thumb.jpg.787e41d41a03615b8acdc825bc4eac9e.jpg

• Like 1

Always try to get mine from boots , Superdrug etc in uk as so much cheaper than here . Any time I did buy it here I got it in centralworld in Bkk on ground floor . Some were highly overpriced and others a few quid more than uk price . At least there I knew they were genuine unlike lazada.

On 3/19/2021 at 11:22 AM, SpaceKadet said:

As the title says, I'm looking for brand name original after shave, i.e. Armani, Boss, etc.

Central could be an excellent store, I've seen the brands there..

Any major department store...

The Mall group or Central group.

Surprised someone even needs to ask this question TBH. Nearly all Dept stores are laid out in a similar manner - makeup & perfume etc on the main floor (ground or entry from BTS).

Emporium / Siam Paragon / Central & Isetan at Central World, Central Chit Lom...  pretty much any mall.. aftershaves, perfumes impossible to miss. 

Careful buying online especially from Lazada which are nearly all fakes. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 1FinickyOne said:

It's not that big... how do you find your away around Thong Lor - or Bangkok?

I've been visiting BKK for the past 35 years, I can find my way around, thank you.

Maybe I should have said that Emporium is confusing in it's layout.

I've been to Sushi restaurant there maybe a dozen times, but still have a problem finding it.

48 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

Have you ever heard of this thing called Google. You might find it amazingly useful for finding stuff near you. I highly recommend it.

OK, so there we go... Trolls come out again...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Any major department store...

The Mall group or Central group.

Surprised someone even needs to ask this question TBH. Nearly all Dept stores are laid out in a similar manner - makeup & perfume etc on the main floor (ground or entry from BTS).

Emporium / Siam Paragon / Central & Isetan at Central World, Central Chit Lom...  pretty much any mall.. aftershaves, perfumes impossible to miss. 

Careful buying online especially from Lazada which are nearly all fakes. 

Like I said, I used to get my and Mrs stuff from Robinson Soi 19 is the past. Now, no more. Not really a department store junkie, that's why my query.

Don't be surprised that I'm asking. I live in the <deleted> boonies. Google couldn't locate any Armani outlets in my vicinity. Not even in Hua Hin, which is kind of close by.

Edited by SpaceKadet

What do you do?  Take baths in it? 

If you want to smell good in a hot, tropical paradise, just take 3 showers a day, use cheap Thai deodorant and baby powder.

A bottle of "aftershave", which is just a euphemism for perfume for men, is ????% unnecessary and should last for years.

1950s throwback. ????

• Sad 2