Where to buy brand name after shave

SpaceKadet

On 3/19/2021 at 2:26 AM, CharlieH said:

Good luck with this as generally alot of it is watered down copies.

You cant even be guided by price either as the rubbish is sold iat high prices sometimes too, to fool the unsuspecting.

Very true,

Especially the vendor stalls,

... is this genuine product, ... yes, same, same, ...lol

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SpaceKadet said:

I've been visiting BKK for the past 35 years, I can find my way around, thank you.

Maybe I should have said that Emporium is confusing in it's layout.

I've been to Sushi restaurant there maybe a dozen times, but still have a problem finding it.

ok - I haven't been in the emporium for about 10 years now, but could still easily find my way around.. it is a shopping mall w/escalators and a neat elevator... my best guess is that your sushi restaurant is on the 5th floor w/the others.. just wander around up there.. sure, you might waste 3 minutes walking around but thats not too bad... and if you can't find it, I think there were a bunch of places in the alcove of stores across the street and plenty of places on your own Thong Lor, a Japanese area.. especially toward Sukh...

9 hours ago, SiSePuede419 said:

A bottle of "aftershave", which is just a euphemism for perfume for men, is ????% unnecessary and should last for years.

If you have settled down and are no longer dating or working with other people, sure, I agree. Simple good hygiene will mark you out from most other farangs when shopping in the Udon Thani BigC.

If, however, you are working around other people and, in particular, dating, smelling unusually good is a wildly effective secret weapon. The trick is to be subtle with it, to use relatively little, so that it isn't the first thing they notice but it then works on an almost subconscious level. I always get a comment about how good I smell about half an hour into a date, and this is usually the point at which a girl who was previous clearly not to sure about the situation rapidly warms up.

No kidding, a good, expensive perfume can tip the balance in situations where you are punching above your weight. Even if the other person is not particularly familiar with perfumes, a proper scent using real oils, expertly blended, is a different universe from the synthetic scents that most guys wear. Women are highly influenced by aroma, and the fact that you smell different  (in a good way) shifts their entire perspective on you. It makes your points more intelligent and your jokes funnier.

Even in business situations, it makes a difference.

I have friends who buy the usual Calvin Klein cheap <deleted>, and they think I am crazy for spending three or four times more for quality scents, but once you realize the advantages you never enter battle without it.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, 1FinickyOne said:

It's not that big... how do you find your away around Thong Lor - or Bangkok?

How often do you go into a big store in Thailand, go up the escalator at any floor, then have difficulty finding one to get back down?

Why do the escalators not have the up and down ones next to each other? Is it the low mentality of the designers or what?

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

I use 'Max Cologne Spray' as an after shave, perfectly okay, smells nice enough, if that's your thing (its not mine, I just like an astringent after a shave )  and its 60 Baht in all Tesco's and Big C's. 

1 minute ago, possum1931 said:

How often do you go into a big store in Thailand, go up the escalator at any floor, then have difficulty finding one to get back down?

Why do the escalators not have the up and down ones next to each other? Is it the low mentality of the designers or what?

Nope its because you will see different shops, arrive in a different part, and walk passed different stores to get out, part of a marketing design. Some do, some dont but thats generally the reason.

4 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Nope its because you will see different shops, arrive in a different part, and walk passed different stores to get out, part of a marketing design. Some do, some dont but thats generally the reason.

Thanks Charlie, I never thought of it that way.

12 hours ago, SpaceKadet said:

Maybe I should have said that Emporium is confusing in it's layout.

I've been to Sushi restaurant there maybe a dozen times, but still have a problem finding it.

Maybe it's just you that's confused, Emporium's layout is not "confusing".  What could be less confusing than every shop being in exactly the same place every time?

22 minutes ago, Poet said:

If you have settled down and are no longer dating or working with other people, sure, I agree. Simple good hygiene will mark you out from most other farangs when shopping in the Udon Thani BigC.

If, however, you are working around other people and, in particular, dating, smelling unusually good is a wildly effective secret weapon. The trick is to be subtle with it, to use relatively little, so that it isn't the first thing they notice but it then works on an almost subconscious level. I always get a comment about how good I smell about half an hour into a date, and this is usually the point at which a girl who was previous clearly not to sure about the situation rapidly warms up.

No kidding, a good, expensive perfume can tip the balance in situations where you are punching above your weight. Even if the other person is not particularly familiar with perfumes, a proper scent using real oils, expertly blended, is a different universe from the synthetic scents that most guys wear. Women are highly influenced by aroma, and the fact that you smell different  (in a good way) shifts their entire perspective on you. It makes your points more intelligent and your jokes funnier.

I have friends who buy the usual Calvin Klein cheap <deleted>, and they think I am crazy for spending three or four times more for quality scents, but once you realize the advantages you never enter battle without it.

You choose the fragrance you wear because you like it, but whilst what you have detailed is often cirrect, the reverse can also happen. You can get rejected because of the smell too !

Its all about personal choice really, thats why you buy one and reject another, well not everyone will like or appreciate what you smell like.

Just saying.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

I use 'Max Cologne Spray' as an after shave, perfectly okay, smells nice enough, if that's your thing (its not mine, I just like an astringent after a shave )  and its 60 Baht in all Tesco's and Big C's. 

I always use aftershave every day even when I don't go out, I never thought of it as only for making you smell nice for going out on a date. I always thought the main reason for aftershave was to make you feel refreshed.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

This is not the  low mentality of the designer... here is the quite simple - "or what" for you...

this is distinctly planned in malls everywhere... as you exit the escalator on one floor, you have to walk around the escalator to get to the next floor - this is simple marketing.. they direct you to pass by more stores giving those stores greater exposure and more foot traffic which the stores want and can be figured into the rent... 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

I always use aftershave every day even when I don't go out, I never thought of it as only for making you smell nice for going out on a date. I always thought the main reason for aftershave was to make you feel refreshed.

For some, it seems to be a need to smell like the cosmetics floor of a department store.  Our Eastern European friends seem to like the smell. I prefer Lynx myself, but all those women following me around gets a bit wearing.  

Edited by Pilotman
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

You choose the fragrance you wear because you like it, but whilst what you have detailed is often cirrect, the reverse can also happen. You can get rejected because of the smell too !

Its all about personal choice really, thats why you buy one and reject another, well not everyone will like or appreciate what you smell like.

Just saying.

Even worse when you see the air shimmering behind their head as they walk. Common with people from the Middle-East.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pilotman said:

For some, it seems to be a need to smell like the cosmetics floor of a department store.  Our Eastern European friends seem to like the smell. I prefer Lynx myself, but all those women following me around gets a bit wearing.  

When I was younger, my job as a musician and my good looks was enough to get the women, or should I say girls following me around. ????

• Haha 1

Just now, possum1931 said:

When I was younger, my job as a musician and my good looks was enough to get the women, or should I say girls following me around. ????

yea, I never had that advantage. I had to resort to chemical help.. until I became a pilot of course, after that, I had to fight them off.  ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Well there are other reasons too, and why it sometimes stings......

"reducing itching and swelling from skin damage and ingrown hairs. closing pores to prevent bacteria, dirt, or chemicals from getting in, (which can reduce breakouts, razor burn, or razor bumps) helping cuts from shaving heal quicker."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Poet said:

Totally agree with your comments Poet. I've been using my favourite decent fragrance (Chanel Egoiste) for many years. It's not commonly worn by men and Thai ladies seem to love it. I've been told by ladies many times that I smell "good". Anything that gives an intro and makes ladies happy is fine by me. Went to Central Festival Pattaya last week to buy new but they were out of stock so will get in Bangkok this coming week. Normally make a bottle last about 1 year with daily use. Not cheap at about 4,300 Baht but worth every satang IMO.

image.png.0ff3f60373a1cdc6db497b975fa19118.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Remember back in the days buying Old Spice then we moved on to Brut, I stopped wearing that when all the Lesbians started using it, 

I won a competition for a years supply of Aramis which included all the products they sold, 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

You could smell like a 15 year old mange soi dog mate and they would still tell you the smell great, for as long as it takes you to spend money on them. 

He might not be talking about bar girls ????

More seriously, I've often thought that many farangs in Thailand are seriously underselling themselves by wasting time with bar girls. As far as my understanding of Thai women goes, there is a massive reservoir of good, educated, middle class women, with real jobs, who are thoroughly sick of Thai men and whose ideal man is a Westerner who will be nice to them, will never hit them, and, most importantly, won't smell bad.

When friends arrive here, I try to discourage any serious detour into the entertainment industry because, really, the whole point of Thailand is the 30 million women who would never dream of selling their bodies. The bar girl path ultimately has no happy conclusion, but the regular women are extraordinarily inclined towards a happy existence if you can simply master a few cultural differences, one of which is an obsession with hygiene.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Remember back in the days buying Old Spice then we moved on to Brut, I stopped wearing that when all the Lesbians started using it, 

I won a competition for a years supply of Aramis which included all the products they sold, 

Don't forget Hai Karate and the lady in the TV ad.

HK.jpg

• Haha 1

Thanks to all for useful contributions.

It's not a pleasure or shopping trip for me, so don't have that much free time.

I think I will do the Emporium first, they do have a good book store there too. Might pick up some new reading material for my library. If I can't find the stuff I'm looking for here, I'll give it a shot at Central Chit Lom. I think I've been there a few years back.

And thanks to poet for the link. I'll contact the ladies in Chiang Mai. They might be able to locate my favorite Armani Eau Pour Homme, although it is out of production now.

• Like 1