Residence Certificate

2 minutes ago, Andy from Kent said:

Prior to my showing up at the  local DL agency, the Missus called and asked about requirements.    She was told there's  no need to have a health certificate to  renew  my 5 year license license.

We showed   up and sure enough I was required to have a health certificate.      Fortunately I was prepared for that possibility so  I   handed  the lady the  health certificate I brought with me.

All went well and after 7 hours I had my new license.

Always expect the unexpected in Thailand.

7 hours, omg, where in codswallop was that at 

20 minutes ago, fondue zoo said:

Finally spoke to CW Immigration today, last week we had zero luck getting them on the the phone.

It turns out we can get a Residency certificate without the 90 day report receipt,  we have to show a rental agreement, Bluebook and owners ID.  Is there a preferred form for rental contracts?

First time I have ever heard this for Bangkok immigration. I will be interested to see what happens when you turn up at MTT for a RC with the items you list. 

5 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

First time I have ever heard this for Bangkok immigration. I will be interested to see what happens when you turn up at MTT for a RC with the items you list. 

I showed up today. Residence Certificate application in hand with a copy of my passport, copy of the visa page, copy of the extension of stay stamp,  copy of current 90 day, copy of TM30, copy of TM6.  Had my condo blue book for the condo as well.  The IO looked it over, gave me back the blue book and stapled all of the rest to the residence certificate form. Stamped it and sent me on my way after collecting 200 baht and giving me my ems sheet showing the tracking number. Said 2 weeks and I was done at MTT quickly.

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

I showed up today. Residence Certificate application in hand with a copy of my passport, copy of the visa page, copy of the extension of stay stamp,  copy of current 90 day, copy of TM30, copy of TM6.  Had my condo blue book for the condo as well.  The IO looked it over, gave me back the blue book and stapled all of the rest to the residence certificate form. Stamped it and sent me on my way after collecting 200 baht and giving me my ems sheet showing the tracking number. Said 2 weeks and I was done at MTT quickly.

The guy I was relplying to was told the 90 report was not required. News to me. 

Yes the MTT office also told me "2 weeks" it came in 3 days. Surprised.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Yeah,  if there was a contact number for MTT I would call them too to confirm

• Like 1

They seemed to want almost everything this time.  I forgot that a lady that was ahead of me had to go back downstairs for copies of a few items she only had photos of on her phone.  I saw her on the long line waiting for the 2 folks working in the copy machine location on the bottom floor.  If you have the expired 90 day, but submitted it by mail, I would bring a copy of the mailed in paperwork to show them.  Lease copies are multi pages normally and a TM30 should work.  A copy of the owners blue book should work as well instead of the lease as long as the TM30 and your 90 day are on order. But then I had everything to cover my bases. Learned from others partially and from OPS on here