Residence Certificate

15 minutes ago, fondue zoo said:

In this case it will be Chaeng Watthana.

You will be applying for RC at MTT (not CW). If you have upcoming 90 day report you can also do that at MTT.

For the RC they will want usual pages of pp. Also photocopy of TM6. 

The main thing they want is your 90 day report. The fee is 200baht and they post it with tracking. Should take about a week give or take. 

The application form available at queue desk) has tick box reason for RC. Car or bike or both. Tick only one, otherwise they send you two RC 400baht. You only need one even if your getting both licences. There is an online appointment service.

http://203.151.166.132/immigrant_queue/booking/

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, fondue zoo said:

Is it possible to apply for a Residence Certificate while using the Covid extensions?

If you are doing 90 day reports to Bangkok immigration the application would be accepted.

OP, for immigration in Bangkok you would need to have filed a 90 day report. Both the RC and 90 day address report are done at MTT (Muang Thong Thani).

You could do the 90 day report and then obtain the RC. The desks are adjacent.

Search on Thaivisa for requirements for 90 report at MTT. 

They also have appointment system. You most likely need something to show as proof of where your living, a TM30 might cut it.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thanks 1

Just for info, when applying for a RC do not tick the “Change vehicle owner” box, unless you have the blue/green book on you. I did so and the officer wanted to see the blue book for the vehicle. When I said “ ok I’ll change it to driving licence application” she wouldn’t let me do that. Anyway fortunately I had the blue book in the car. Not sure what the outcome might have been if I didn’t. As I say just for info.

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Jaxxper said:

Just for info, when applying for a RC do not tick the “Change vehicle owner” box, unless you have the blue/green book on you. I did so and the officer wanted to see the blue book for the vehicle. When I said “ ok I’ll change it to driving licence application” she wouldn’t let me do that. Anyway fortunately I had the blue book in the car. Not sure what the outcome might have been if I didn’t. As I say just for info.

Good heads up. I wasn't aware of that. So, in other words just tick "car licence".

Edited by DrJack54

I don't see how it's possible for the OP to submit a 90 day report.

He technically reports every 60 days to obtain another Covid extension.

He should also check if his DLT office will issue a licence without having a Non Immigrant Visa or an extension from entry of a Non Imm Visa.

18 minutes ago, Jaxxper said:

Which office asked for that. Not all offices will want it.

I don't think Chaeng Wattana requires it. I can recall immigration in Jomtien requiring it and proof for the other things that the certificate can be used for.

2 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

I don't see how it's possible for the OP to submit a 90 day report.

He technically reports every 60 days to obtain another Covid extension.

But only the first extension is considered as doing a 90 day report. Immigration is not enforcing the 90 day reporting requirement for people getting the 60 day extensions is the reason they have not been asked to do them.

6 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

He should also check if his DLT office will issue a licence without having a Non Immigrant Visa or an extension from entry of a Non Imm Visa.

This is already happening today, direct to the DLT and also a well reputed agent.

I originally entered on a Non Imm O visa.

32 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

He should also check if his DLT office will issue a licence without having a Non Immigrant Visa or an extension from entry of a Non Imm Visa

I completely overlooked this point.

I just checked the docs I sent to my agent that he requested for Thai DL and indeed I noticed snap of my extension (non o retirement). 

I have just sent my agent question re the OP situation. Hopefully will get accurate reply back soon. 

Today..   @ Samut Prakan

Application for Residence Certificate in Thailand

Copy of TM6

Copy of Visa 

Copy of Extension Stamp

Copy of 90 Day Report

2 Passport Size Photo's

Arrived @   9:50    was out the  door with the  stamped form @ 10:07

getting an appointment @ Bang Chak could prove to be the hard part

for renewal   2-5 year

@fondue zoo This is the reply I received today from DL agent in relation to what type of extension etc is suitable. I told them you were on covid extensions.

Hello Jack

The visa is not really all that important as long as they aren't overstayed. Shouldn't be a problem to get him one

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

@fondue zoo This is the reply I received today from DL agent in relation to what type of extension etc is suitable. I told them you were on covid extensions.

Hello Jack

The visa is not really all that important as long as they aren't overstayed. Shouldn't be a problem to get him one

According to the DLT website, for the 2 year licence just a Visa is required, for the 5 year licence a Non Immigrant Visa is required.  NEW THAI DRIVING LICENCE | กรมการขนส่งทางบก (dlt.go.th)

3 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

According to the DLT website, for the 2 year licence just a Visa is required, for the 5 year licence a Non Immigrant Visa is required.  NEW THAI DRIVING LICENCE | กรมการขนส่งทางบก (dlt.go.th)

The word "Visa" means very little to me when reading Thai imm sites.

I'm happy to back the advice from the agent I quoted as they do them daily at Chatuchak every day.

2 minutes ago, fondue zoo said:

okay, so I would need the following for the 2 year license.

1. Passport (photocopies etc)

2. Residence Certificate (tricky without a 90 reporting receipt)

3. Medical certificate

4. O/S License  or book in for the tests etc.

I think you may find many DLTs will also require proof of longstay visa, copy of visa/extension in PP.

23 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

think you may find many DLTs will also require proof of longstay visa, copy of visa/extension in PP.

When I obtained mine recently I used an agent as applications for non Thai were limited to 50 per day. I contacted them yesterday and described the OP situation being on covid extensions and they stated he should be fine. He could contact them directly to check. The owner is USA so no language issue. BSR Bangkok.

Edited by DrJack54

12 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Hello Jack

Response from an agent doesnt mean much and not relevant for us mere mortals.

I'm in the middle of renewing my 5 year at the moment and contacted a couple of agents, mainly to get around the 2 weeks wait, and I was told they can "arrange" medical and resident certificate on my behalf (no visit or documents required). If they can do that, an incorrect visa would be a minor hurdle

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

I think you may find many DLTs will also require proof of longstay visa, copy of visa/extension in PP.

Which DLT for example? I'm not aware of a single DLT which would require this.

8 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

I'm in the middle of renewing my 5 year at the moment and contacted a couple of agents, mainly to get around the 2 weeks wait, and I was told they can "arrange" medical and resident certificate on my behalf (no visit or documents required). If they can do that, an incorrect visa would be a minor hurdle

I'm surprised regarding the RC aspect.

Despite having been living in BKK for years I had never done a 90 day report (which is required to obtain a RC in Bangkok) due to frequent travel.

At the time I was told by couple of agents (Fatboys and BSR) that there was NO WAY around the RC requirement. Perhaps it's possible up country.

Edited by DrJack54

14 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

You don't need a medical when renewing your 5 year license. 

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I'm surprised regarding the RC aspect.

Despite having been living in BKK for years I had never done a 90 day report (which is required to obtain a RC in Bangkok) due to frequent btravel.

At the time I was told by couple of agents (Fatboys and BSR) that there was NO WAY around the RC requirement. Perhaps it's possible up country.

This is in Pattaya, I was surprise as well as I always thought they were just to queue jump and hold your hand.

I asked the direct question a couple of times "so you can get a res cert without me needing to visit immigration" their answer a definite "Yes" (I guess they may have invested in one of the red stamps, lol)