You are not logged in ▶️ Click to sign-up or login ×
ASEANNOW Official TikTok account is now LIVE! -Follow Us! ×

why doesnt thailand offer a middle range long term visa ?

You state this:

46 minutes ago, YetAnother said:

something like 500,00 for 3 years, no insurance necessary ; people would flock to this ;

500 ,000 for five years and we would have long queues

Yet you started with:

47 minutes ago, YetAnother said:

not the current thai elite offerings;

So, did we see long queues for the Elite before January (given there was a 500K for 5 years version until then)?

5 minutes ago, foreverlomsak said:
48 minutes ago, YetAnother said:

not the current thai elite offerings;

rather something like 500,00 for 3 years, no insurance necessary ; people would flock to this ;

500 ,000 for five years and we would have long queues

Could you explain what you're talking about please?

500 THB for 3 years or

500K THB for 5 years.

What do you really mean?

10 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

Could you explain what you're talking about please?

500 THB for 3 years or

500K THB for 5 years.

What do you really mean?

Good points you make .....however this is my favourite bit. The OP stated this.....

"My best advice to Thai Immigration is that they hire a firm out of the U.S"

PRICELESS

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Salerno said:

So, did we see long queues for the Elite before January (given there was a 500K for 5 years version until then)?

Just being slightly serious .....I unlike many, visited Thailand when already 50+ for the first time. 

Fell in love with the joint and stayed.

As I understand it PE was available back then and an option of 1million baht for 20years? That would be very attractive for some folk obviously depending upon age. 

Guess my point is that in my experience moving to and living in Thailand has been walk in the park. 

9 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

As I understand it PE was available back then and an option of 1million baht for 20years?

Can still get 20 years (for 1 million Baht) but not sure if they still offer the lifetime option. Saw an article recently that, from memory, said 22% of members had the lifetime option. For a digital nomad doing well for themselves I would have thought it a fairly attractive proposition to have a solid base (other than home country) even if intending to travel around as a "nomad" should.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mitkof Island said:

Maybe total lack of future thought. My best advice to Thai Immigration is that they hire a firm out of the U.S or about any other country that has their immigration system not in total disorder and complicated mess for advice. It is not a shameful thing to ask for help from someone even for a fee.

Sure, like they have their immigration in order in the US.

Can that company build big walls too and let the Cambodians pay for it?

• Like 1

They do. It's called Elite Visa. 

Besides 100K THB per year of residency is such a miser amount. $9 USD / day is the cost of the residency. What a joke. In few other countries Golden Visas start at an investment / donation of $250,000 the majority start at $500,000 USD of course. 

Don't be telling jokes man. Elite Visa is already good enough, I don't understand why you don't ask them to give free permanent residency to everyone ????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

They now offer agents kickbacks to sell it, guess that is how desperate they got. I find it a disgusting program as of the changed conditions, certainly when knowing they still didn't update any immigration laws to something suitable and realistic for 2021.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, ctxa said:

They do. It's called Elite Visa. 

Besides 100K THB per year of residency is such a miser amount. $9 USD / day is the cost of the residency. What a joke. In few other countries Golden Visas start at an investment / donation of $250,000 the majority start at $500,000 USD of course. 

Don't be telling jokes man. Elite Visa is already good enough, I don't understand why you don't ask them to give free permanent residency to everyone ????

You talk about buying an actual passport, at a first world country, that in most cases also pays you money and healthcare each month if you are unable to work, get sick or didn't save up money for retirement. Just the social welfare payments are worth 300K on retirement, or 2 free operations that would cost you a million in the states. Not sure what you are trying to compare to? That aside, there is more Thais enjoying benefits from other countries than it is the other way around. 

Also, income requirements are lower in Europe than they are in Thailand while we usually spend 5-10x the minimum wage, obviously they should have been smart and give us permanent residency. Specially knowing birth rates are stall and by 2030 almost 30% of the population is 60+.

Without vast amounts of foreigners moving to Thailand, there is little future for real estate or the entire economy on the long run. Luckily the Chinese friends will add 30M people and it becomes a province.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Mitkof Island said:

It is not a shameful thing to ask for help from someone even for a fee.

It is if you are Thai, "loss of face" is deeply imbedded into the system, why else do you think it's in such a mess.

Change is hard, personally, I don't have enough breathe in me to even contemplate helping them.

9 hours ago, ctxa said:

I have no idea in the US. But in Europe a foreigner from outside the EU, get no benefits at all! Don’t know which lies you’ve been fed. 

You are talking about someone who bought residency, if you are a resident and passport holder, you are no foreigner. And for illegal immigrants there are social ways too to get money, even they did not work for 40 years to have the right like normal people are told. 

The 5 year visa is OBVIOUSLY to get the passport, the requirements are a joke. In Netherlands the income expected is around 1600 euro after taxes, that is less than the Thai requirement lol.

Compared to the wages, it is also extremely more expensive, than the golden visa, that actually does get you permanent residency and a passport (unless you didn't want it, or really fked up yourself).

But hey, keep talking <deleted> yourself and live in a fantasy world. The Thai elite program is not good at all compared to the one of Europe, as it does not even offer you permanent residency afterward.

Sounds like you are the new Thai fanboy who didn't figure out the facts yet.

P.S. What you say about digital nomads and rich people is untrue as well, they can hardly attract any proper nomads and rich people, only exceptions and mostly those are people who been around near 10 years or longer (as the old system still worked and they are now hooked here with family). I am the same, seems you rely on obsolete data and have very little experience in reality.

Thailand is not bad, not expensive but certainly not good and cheap either. Its just so so until Vietnam is developed enough to take it all over. Thailand is more like one big garbage and sewage dump.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Sad 1

58 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

You are talking about someone who bought residency, if you are a resident and passport holder, you are no foreigner

True that. 

59 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

And for illegal immigrants there are social ways too to get money, even they did not work for 40 years to have the right like normal people are told. 

I mean, I know the cases of some Africans which applied for refugee status with the UNHCR office in Beijing, got it granted and thus had the right to residency in China without qualifying for any of the Chinese residency visas. Surprisingly it was far easier for them to get the proper documents to get residency in China as refugees (who had got to China on business visas, overstayed and then applied for refugee status), than it ever was for me despite qualifying for their visa..... So yes, I know very well those things happen all around the world. But I don't think we are talking here of begging as an illegal supposedly poor illegal immigrant. 

10 hours ago, ctxa said:

there is more Thais enjoying benefits from other countries than it is the other way around. 

If Thais get benefits from any other country, they must have paid the money to get residency / passport, and/or legally work there paying taxes. So they have as much right to those benefits as anyone else. It's not like they are stealing it, or have any advantage over other tax paying locals...

3 minutes ago, ctxa said:

True that. 

I mean, I know the cases of some Africans which applied for refugee status with the UNHCR office in Beijing, got it granted and thus had the right to residency in China without qualifying for any of the Chinese residency visas. Surprisingly it was far easier for them to get the proper documents to get residency in China as refugees (who had got to China on business visas, overstayed and then applied for refugee status), than it ever was for me despite qualifying for their visa..... So yes, I know very well those things happen all around the world. But I don't think we are talking here of begging as an illegal supposedly poor illegal immigrant. 

If Thais get benefits from any other country, they must have paid the money to get residency / passport, and/or legally work there paying taxes. So they have as much right to those benefits as anyone else. It's not like they are stealing it, or have any advantage over other tax paying locals...

Please do not even start about Beijing and their fake show to the world giving a few africans the chance to do business, after they basically raped the african countries with very bad deals for their natural resources. The Chinese even control the new built trains there.

Also, everyone knows, right before covid, africans were treated very bad in China. The news kept silent.

Thais obviously marry with people, if you paid attention, as well work, and get their benefits and residency by just being married. The average required income for their western husband or wife is only around 50K baht a month. Compare that to your asian offers and it is a joke.

Asians are all the same, they only take and never give back.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, ctxa said:

I never said I didn't have money. Trust me, probably 100x more money than you will ever have.

If this is what you concluded from it, you have to really read again. I said ''WHAT IF'' you had no money and a wife in Thailand, what would your opportunities be? The answer is almost nothing. That is why it sucks.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Like 1