Thailand aims to become Asia-Pacifc hub for the space industry

rooster59

I'm not in support of this, but that's because I'm not in support of any nation or individual spending money trying to go into space. We need to concentrate our efforts on cleaning up the Earth before we look elsewhere. Otherwise, we should not call the migration of humans to other planets "colonization," but rather "metastasizing." ☹️

• Like 1

I truly wish they would just stop with the hubs. Maybe they do it as a way to tell the general Thai populace how good Thailand is. I don't read Thai so hopefully it loses something in Translation. Unfortunately most of the Thai populace do not realise how ridiculous statements like this open ridicule of Thailand and the Thai people to the rest of the world. The government does their people a great disservice with this nonsense.

In this case hardly anything to do with the Thais as its Swiss investment, Swiss know how I imagine in the latter stages Swiss technology and Swiss hardware the only thing "Thai" about the whole program will be coordinates.

Edited by starky

Ground Control to Major Som(chai) your circuits dead there's something wrong can you hear me Major Som(chai), can you hear me Major Som (chai) ... whooops just noticed that this has been posted already

Edited by rtco
Wording change

The only thing Thailand will become the "hub" of...(well in fairness it already is!), is The Hub of Ridiculous, pathetic, idiotic, inane, laughable  .............................(Ok I think you get the idea!) statements/ideas/plans etc!

• Like 1

Do they really think that submarines, high-tech, and space technology will stop the country being classed as a third-world country? 

No vaccines, poor education, corrupt police, corrupt public workers, corrupt politicians, inadequate health service, no social care, one of the world's most polluted countries, terrible road carnage -- and now we hear one motorcycle death every 35 seconds.

Priorities?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Thailand has embarked on an ambitious plan to be at the forefront of the space travel industry for the Asia-Pacific region.

I think this mistranslated very badly. It was actually referring to drivers being no.1 in spaced out on weed in the near future.