Thailand aims to become Asia-Pacifc hub for the space industry

rooster59

Space program?  We can't even manage tsunami early warning systems in our waters. 

Has anyone seen an observatory anywhere in Thailand? 

Now that I ponder, I don't think I've been in one person's home in any district who even owns a Telescope.

But suddenly, we will be building spaceships and become a space hub of Asia with help from Sweden? 

Uh huh.....

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RubbaJohnny said:

Walk before run .

Suggest they fix pavement for walkers

An intefrated rail policy wheretrains don't fall over and gurded gated crssings

Today reports 2 dearhs per hour and half motor cyclists unlicensed

For bus travellers , Shaded waiting areas with accurate maps and timetables , with GPS can show exact time of next service.

Well maintained  Pavements not obstructed by awnings, advetrs and wires accesible to wheelchaires and strollers.

An airline wihout corruption an airport with enough restrooms before space ?

An army that can control frontiers as well as governments.

These are a few of my favourite moans.

image.png.3e4ce79e7e89ebf73b3cefc0a50cc4e5.png

• Like 1

Let's get serous shall we. About 70 million people in this world speak Thai. The dominate language in the world including native speakers and ESL speakers is, by far and away, ENGLISH. Thailand ranks very low in English competency.  So, exactly how will the Thais achieve this 'lofty' dream ( nice pun huh?). The answer is, they won't. 

Having taught English at one of the major Universities in BKK and having, in fact, been the head of the ESL department...I have some idea of which I speak.....even after two glasses of red wine...

• Like 1

Are you sure the dont mean a "spaced-out" hub with all the yabba and ganja around, that makes sense.

Although the guys in our village makes some pretty decent rocket fireworks, maybe they have discovered a new fuel.

Or maybe they thought if the yanks can fake the moonlandings and plan on going to Mars, what the hell we can <deleted> the public too.

At least it beats more <deleted> covid news. Yippy-ki-ay futhermucker!!

45 minutes ago, Expat Tom said:

Let's get serous shall we. About 70 million people in this world speak Thai. The dominate language in the world including native speakers and ESL speakers is, by far and away, ENGLISH. Thailand ranks very low in English competency.  So, exactly how will the Thais achieve this 'lofty' dream ( nice pun huh?). The answer is, they won't. 

Having taught English at one of the major Universities in BKK and having, in fact, been the head of the ESL department...I have some idea of which I speak.....even after two glasses of red wine...

The Russians had a very successful space program, probably without knowing a word in English.  Some people think BS can be used as a rocket fuel...the trials so far have been unsuccessful.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, pacovl46 said:

If Thailand is so bad then what the hell are you mockers doing there then? Go back home to to your own perfect countries where everything is so great. Oh wait, it isn’t, that’s why you retire in Thailand! Hmmmh, the irony! ????????????????

I guess quite a few came, and are staying for the nightly rides to the Moon for a thousand baht...successful space program in action ????

15 hours ago, starky said:

I truly wish they would just stop with the hubs. Maybe they do it as a way to tell the general Thai populace how good Thailand is. I don't read Thai so hopefully it loses something in Translation. Unfortunately most of the Thai populace do not realise how ridiculous statements like this open ridicule of Thailand and the Thai people to the rest of the world. The government does their people a great disservice with this nonsense.

In this case hardly anything to do with the Thais as its Swiss investment, Swiss know how I imagine in the latter stages Swiss technology and Swiss hardware the only thing "Thai" about the whole program will be coordinates.

Swiss?

All I can say is, Dream On!!!

If they’re serious about it, better start recruiting heavily from countries who actually have a space program, while refocusing their efforts on science & education. Not happening in my lifetime...

Since Sweden is in the forefront of unmanned space programs, mainly launching satellites and other payloads I suppose they could transfer it´s technology to Thailand and mainly slap a Thai flag on the rockets but I don´t understand why the swedes would do that or why Thailand want it. If Thailand where to to buy the technology it would indeed be expensive and would intrude greatly on more earthly needs. What´s in it for Sweden I don´t understand either, since they are not gaining any know how from the thais then it must be money.

• Thanks 1

Has anyone ever told the government  just how expensive it is to be in the space business.

You do not get any money back when your rocket goes boom on the launch pad.  I guess the location 

of Thailand may be one factor, but having cheap labor and a few other factors does not bring the

price down a lot.  This is one very expensive dream.  

Geezer

23 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Thailand has embarked on an ambitious plan to be at the forefront of the space travel industry for the Asia-Pacific region.

Heavens above, whatever next "putting the first soapy massage parlour on Mars" ?

• Haha 1

Says it all......... that'll be 100 mil in envelopes......50k actually spent ......heres the new Thai Space program......blue plastic pipe, bamboo and copius amounts of black powder!

Oh, lets not forget the  pretties to dance.......

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, rooster59 said:

The SSC will help Thailand with such things as satellite operations, rocket and balloon systems, launch services and also provide expertise in aerospace engineering.

So basically everything?

But it will be a Thai achievement.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1