Waiting for the Royal Gazzette

D M G

yes, there would be 7, 10, 14 days quarantine - as a minimum.

also not quarantine, that except 1 day after test.

all depends from where travelling, when and which government official is talking.

as the consulates are requiring 14 days asq bookings, that is the law.

Not sure, that they do read gazette

IMO it is already official as it is being posted on Embassy's  FB page,

below what is posted on the Washington DC Thai Embassy FB page, same is posted in other countries Embassies.

No description available. 

Last Saturday was also reported that starting April 1st a 7 day quarantine for vaccinated travelers will be allowed in certain areas such as Phuket, Krabi, Chiang Mai etc. 

But none of the embraces is saying anything about that Yet,  If it is going to happen by April 1st, it will need to become official soon. 

https://www.facebook.com/Thaiembdc

• Thanks 1

On 3/28/2021 at 11:52 AM, Dan747 said:

My bet is 10 days with Covid-19 Pfizer Vaccine on April (1st) Fools!!    ????

IT depends on what country and is they have different Variants occurring in your country then its 15 nights and this may change every 15days so how to know is ??? 

1 hour ago, D M G said:

????

Waiting for the VACCINATED announcement

So today it was posted in the Washington DC Thai Embassy . so i guess it's official

See paragraph three. Not a lot more information but it is encouraging. 

871875057_7dayquaranine.JPG.4584773206e02b7e62700573cdf9361a.JPG

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, polpott said:

But what proof of vaccination will be required? Currently UK offers no proof.

See bullet point three at the above announcement from the Royal Embassy in Washington DC

1 hour ago, sirineou said:

See bullet point three at the above announcement from the Royal Embassy in Washington DC

Doesn't really clarify what defines a "vaccine Certificate". Would a doctor's letter suffice?

Edited by polpott

20 minutes ago, polpott said:

Doesn't really clarify what defines a "vaccine Certificate". Would a doctor's letter suffice?

Here in the US when I was vaccinated with the first shot I was given a CDC card with the name of the vaccine, the date it was administered  and a date for my second shot. April 2nd I get my second shot, then the second portion is filled in  with the date and a barcode that links to my vaccine information. I was told the I would need to laminate that card as it will be very important until an electronic system is devised.  

I am sure you must have a similar system where you are. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Here in the US when I was vaccinated with the first shot I was given a CDC card with the name of the vaccine, the date it was administered  and a date for my second shot. April 2nd I get my second shot, then the second portion is filled in  with the date and a barcode that links to my vaccine information. I was told the I would need to laminate that card as it will be very important until an electronic system is devised.  

I am sure you must have a similar system where you are. 

Yes, pretty much identical. however, one thing missing is your name. I can't really see the Thai government accepting that.

3 minutes ago, polpott said:

Yes, pretty much identical. however, one thing missing is your name. I can't really see the Thai government accepting that.

I just looked at mine, It has my name DOB a serial number and a QR code that I assume is unique to me. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, sirineou said:

So today it was posted in the Washington DC Thai Embassy . so i guess it's official

See paragraph three. Not a lot more information but it is encouraging. 

871875057_7dayquaranine.JPG.4584773206e02b7e62700573cdf9361a.JPG

They may reduce quarantine to 7 days for the vaccinated. Unfortunately my flight is only 3 days after my second shot, so I would have to delay my flight by a week to have the shorter quarantine. Which means I would lose 4 days in real life to save 3 days of quarantine.

Almost all tourism-dependent countries will eliminate quarantine shortly after the tourist-providing countries introduce electronic vaccine certification. They will do this on a country-by-country basis, starting with Israel, requiring both the certification AND that the visitor's country also have a low level of infection, probably below 0.1% active cases.

We now know that pretty much every Western country is going to have electronic certification in place before the summer. We also know that most Western countries will have vaccinated all of their adult citizens who want to be vaccinated by this summer, and the EU by the spring of '22.

Looking at the figures from Israel, it is apparent that mass vaccination results in far lower levels of infection. Again, most Western countries will easily reach the required levels by this summer, and the EU by spring of '22.

For a short interim period, quarantine will be retained for visitors who, for whatever reason, have not been able to get vaccinated, but that option will be eliminated as soon as the airlines start requiring that all adult passengers be fully-vacinnated.

The vaccination status of the citizens of the country receiving the visitors will be irrelevant. Receiving vaccinated visitors from countries will very low levels of infection will be far safer for the host country that the current quarantine schemes.

Edited by Poet

3 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

They may reduce quarantine to 7 days for the vaccinated. Unfortunately my flight is only 3 days after my second shot, so I would have to delay my flight by a week to have the shorter quarantine. Which means I would lose 4 days in real life to save 3 days of quarantine.

Sorry to hear about that. IMO the 14 day wait period is unreasonable, Research just published indicates that even after the first sot of the Pfizer vaccine you have 80% protection, the second shot only increases your protection by 12%and the number of people that got the virus after being fully vaccinate id so insignificant to be negligible.  Never mind after 14 days

Anyway Hung in there , and get it over with, just another TIT thing

• Like 1

On 3/29/2021 at 9:14 PM, sirineou said:

below what is posted on the Washington DC Thai Embassy FB page, same is posted in other countries Embassies.

Last Saturday was also reported that starting April 1st a 7 day quarantine for vaccinated travelers will be allowed in certain areas such as Phuket, Krabi, Chiang Mai etc. 

But none of the embraces is saying anything about that Yet,  If it is going to happen by April 1st, it will need to become official soon. 

Good luck with that:

Which country has not any Covid variants?

List will be updated every 15 days. Well, if you just booked your flight and suddenly your country is again on the list....

RT-PCR test still 2 times taken whilst in quarantine. They don't seem to trust the vaccines a lot. What happens if somebody vaccinated will test positive? Game over and back to square 1.

Swimming and cycling within a controlled area. Hey mates, are you all ok? The locals don't want to see us, we have some sort of illness.

It will take ages before things start to get to normal (the new normal).

Do you really think they will trust all certificates they have never seen before. Let the first one be caught with a fake one....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlfHuy said:

Good luck with that:

List will be updated every 15 days. Well, if you just booked your flight and suddenly your country is again on the list....

RT-PCR test still 2 times taken whilst in quarantine. They don't seem to trust the vaccines a lot. What happens if somebody vaccinated will test positive? Game over and back to square 1.

Swimming and cycling within a controlled area. Hey mates, are you all ok? The locals don't want to see us, we have some sort of illness.

Do you really think they will trust all certificates they have never seen before. Let the first one be caught with a fake one....

It is not all variants that there are interested in, but variants that might be resistant to the current versions of the vaccines. I have seen a list of countries not allowed reduced quarantine, and they were all African countries so far. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AlfHuy said:

Good luck with that:

yep, fake vaccination certificates will go the way of fake financials for visa extension, that just western human nature. Perhaps all the 'agent' facilitators (and their corrupting clients) that offer bribes to government officials will end up getting exposed, that would be one positive from covid..

The only thing related to Covid-19 is an announcement in the Gazette of 30 March which extends an earlier announcement of the NACC (National Anti-Corruption Commission) by a further two months (Thai text attached). The Google translation of the last part is as follows:

By virtue of Section 41/8 (1) and (9) of the Act Establishing the Administrative Courts
And Administrative Court Procedure B.E. 2542 as amended by the Act Establishing the Administrative Courts and
Administrative Case Procedure (No. 9), 2017 B.E.
On Wednesday, March 24, 2021, the NACC therefore extended the period of enforcement of the NACC announcement.
On measures to prevent the spread of Coronavirus Diseases 2019:
COVID-19) dated 27 February 2020, one more time out.
Effective from 1 April B.E. 2564 to 30 June B.E. 2564

NACC announcement 2021-03-30.pdf

Edited by Puccini

On 3/29/2021 at 4:14 PM, sirineou said:

I wonder on what the Thai embassy in Washington based the above information. I would have expected to find something on the the web pages of the consular services section of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs but if anything is there it is hidden very well.

The latest on the website of the Civilian Aviation Authority of Thailand is the same announcement of NAAC of 30 May 2021 mentioned in an earlier post.